Steven Spielberg shares startling UFO theory:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

“Startling.” Not really. I’ve had these thoughts and conversations already. Plus I swear there are already movies out there with this concept - I think Interstellar was one of them.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/ce ... the-future

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 9:22 am

So the ship in Close Encounters of the Third Kind could have been a time machine?

Pictured. Future humans

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 2:22 pm

Yep.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 4:45 pm

The thought has flitted through my mind ever since I was about 12...that UFOs could be time machines from our own future, rather than spaceships carrying aliens from other star systems. But I never really thought long and hard about that alternative explanation.

But apparently Spielberg has put more thought into it than I have. By saying that aliens are really "us half of a million years from now" he is postulating that creatures like the Greys are what we will evolve into. Little bodies, and big heads.

Certain things in UFO lore would make more sense if that were true. Creatures that evolved on planets in other solar systems would not likely be able to interbreed with us (it would worse than trying to cross a human with an oak tree). But if Saucer jockeys are not aliens but are a later model of our own species then all of these tales about breeding and making hybrids with us via abductions would make sense. We likely could interbreed with a later version of our own species. And maybe they like to freshen up their genepool with our more primitive DNA. Just a thought. :)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 10:10 pm

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2023, 5:11 am

goldfish21 wrote:

“Startling.” Not really. I’ve had these thoughts and conversations already. Plus I swear there are already movies out there with this concept - I think Interstellar was one of them.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/ce ... the-future

Interstellar did not involve UFOs. It was about humans traveling beyond the solar system, and it involved "time dilation" (travelers moving slower through time because they move fast through space as laid out by Einstein's relativity theory). Mathew McConneghy returns home centuries later than he leaves. So it involves a kind of forward time travel. But no backward time travel.