Page 9 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:21 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
I've been asked why I think that postmodernism is a cult and I've stated that it's methodology is a priori contrary to empirical. I believe this is a clear enough statement. It can't get more explicit than this.

Also about Marxism, you can try to whitewash it's inherent flaws and incitement for division and violence but empirical evidence is overwhelmingly against you. You have the case of Venezuela which has a government with a Marxist ideology which has made people's lifes miserable. It's not a Marxist-Leninist government but a Marxist one. How many times has Marxism to destroy peoples lives until we finally accept that it's inherently evil?

I don't know much about Marxism, but what I have learnt indicates it is a failed political philosophy.
Russia and China have both found it to be wanting.
Venezuela has been devastated by it.
Cuba is a mess.

Ppl say it is good in PRINCIPLE, but the problem is, it doesn't properly consider the HUMAN PSYCHOLOGICAL factor.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:08 pm

How has a thread about "why the US is fascist" turned into a "why has Marxism failed"
I find that an odd direction turn.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 4:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
How has a thread about "why the US is fascist" turned into a "why has Marxism failed"
I find that an odd direction turn.

Autistic ppl find it easy to go on a tangent.
"Organising autistic ppl is like trying to organise a box of cats," as they say.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 4:41 am

Not unusual indeed