Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 6:17 am

A number of interesting posts here.

The "politization" of religion by American Evangeicals isnt really "new". Its a return to the norm. In most nations in most of history religion and politics were always one and the same thing.

The U.S. Founding Fathers managed to found a nation in which the two realms were kept, for the most part, separate. And it worked great for a couple of centuries. And the result was good for both politics and for religion. The US has more variety of religions than any other western country (both home grown and imported religions), and we have the longest standing modern democracy. And the US is a more religious society than are most industrialized nations.

But now were slipping back into the world norm of religion and politics merging- with the rise of creeds like "Christian Nationalism".

Doesnt bode well for the future of either politics or for religion in America.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 7:20 am

Honey69 wrote:
babybird wrote:
Well I was originally thinking Christianity because I was watching something and someone was asking a priest about what happens to aborted foetuses.

He said they don't go to heaven and I'm thinking that the whole thing is just ridiculous in the first place.

If that were the case, then we would be doing foetuses a big favor by aborting them. I guess we would be doing God a big favor, too, by increasing the number of souls in Heaven.

According to Christianity, you technically only gain entry into Heaven by believing in Jesus. Since fetuses and babies don't believe in Jesus, their souls would be condemned to damnation. The lake of fire and sulfur, with people who don't believe in Jesus.

In Catholicism they would go to "Limbo" where "unbaptized babies" go...I would THINK.

Neither Heaven nor Hell.

Some say that adult "virtuous Pagans" also go to Limbo. But thats debated.

Or...I dunno...did one of the last couple of Popes get rid of "Limbo"? If so then I dont know what he did with the souls of those babies. Maybe he just cut em loose into space.

But the Protestants dont have Limbo. Or Purgatory either. Just H and H.

Not sure about the Eastern Orthodox.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2023, 6:56 am

babybird wrote:
I mean there are so many rules to it.

Things are not as they always appear.

They want us to believe religion was made by Jews but there are some clues that shows it was made before Jews. The Bible was written in both Greek and Hebrew. But more unusual than that is some of the early India religions sound the same as Jewish religion, they have an almost identical Abraham/Sarah character in the religion. There is something odd about religion, almost as if its a control mechanism for the whole planet and they don't want us to know about that, because people would realize the whole planet is actually just a giant pigpen for humans, most likely ran by some kind of alien race.