Trump vows to ban all news media that don't praise him.

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

30 Sep 2023, 12:28 am

vividgroovy wrote:
Would either side really want to ban the media that supports the other side? Who would they quote to get their own side all riled up?

They do that when they decide there is no other side anymore.. complete control over propaganda media helps keep them
in authoritarian power.. like putin


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,108
Location: temperate zone

30 Sep 2023, 1:45 am

Bataar wrote:
I do feel bad for anyone who believes and trusts the mainstream media:



Oh...absolutely!

Like Trump said ...the mainstream media are "the enemies of the people".

The "enemies of the people".

Just like anyone who criticized Lenin, Stalin, or Hitler, was an "enemy of the people".

Trump is just reviving the good old American values demonstrated by great American GOPers of the past...like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler.



KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,074
Location: England

30 Sep 2023, 5:37 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Trump is just reviving the good old American values demonstrated by great American GOPers of the past...like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler.


Oh gosh that made me snort with laughter. Because it's true!


_________________
That alien woman. On Earth to observe and wonder about homo sapiens.


DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 491
Location: Tasmania

30 Sep 2023, 4:32 pm

Trump will be the greatest danger America ever faced if he gets in again. People can criticize mainstream media all they like, but in my opinion it's just an excuse to rely on one's preferred echo chambers. Think about if. If Trump says, 'blah blah blah' and the Leftist media directly quotes him as saying, 'blah blah blah', but your alternative media doesn't, because 'blah blah blah' is silly or seditious, then how is alternative media better?

Anyway, yes, he'll be an immense danger. Because there are a lot of quotes of him threatening what he'll do to media, his political opponents, those he views as his legal opponents, sections of the Constitution (particularly the 14th Amendment), and the structure of the government to gain greater power and control. He knows his way around, he knows his time constraints, he's motivated by power.

And I don't trust him one iota when it comes to documents and foreign powers. If he goes broke due to business loses due to HIS FRAUD, he'll be looking to profit from his time in office again.

This is all just my opinion.


_________________
assumption makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'mption'.


MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,272
Location: Mid-Atlantic US

30 Sep 2023, 5:23 pm

TBH I don't know how to react to an Australian who knows that much about the US constitution.


_________________
My WP story


Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,077
Location: Hagerstown, MD

30 Sep 2023, 5:52 pm

I wonder what he'll do to individuals like me who don't praise him.


_________________
I am sick, and in so being I am the healthy one.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.


vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 337
Location: Santa Maria, CA

30 Sep 2023, 6:25 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
vividgroovy wrote:
Would either side really want to ban the media that supports the other side? Who would they quote to get their own side all riled up?

They do that when they decide there is no other side anymore.. complete control over propaganda media helps keep them
in authoritarian power.. like putin


Would you say we're at or near that point, though? A Democrat is president right now. It seems like it would be hard to convince people his side doesn't exist.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

30 Sep 2023, 6:32 pm

vividgroovy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
vividgroovy wrote:
Would either side really want to ban the media that supports the other side? Who would they quote to get their own side all riled up?

They do that when they decide there is no other side anymore.. complete control over propaganda media helps keep them
in authoritarian power.. like putin


Would you say we're at or near that point, though? A Democrat is president right now. It seems like it would be hard to convince people his side doesn't exist.

Have you not noticed that trump tried to literally steal the election and end American Democracy and install himself as dictator a couple years ago ? And that he's being transparent about doing that if elected.. he would actually keep power vs. ever have another election. He would actually shut down all media that didn't praise him.

USA isn't authoritarian Now/yet, but it's flirting dangerously close with that horses**t.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,846
Location: Post Falls, ID

30 Sep 2023, 7:27 pm

DoniiMann wrote:
Trump will be the greatest danger America ever faced if he gets in again. People can criticize mainstream media all they like, but in my opinion it's just an excuse to rely on one's preferred echo chambers. Think about if. If Trump says, 'blah blah blah' and the Leftist media directly quotes him as saying, 'blah blah blah', but your alternative media doesn't, because 'blah blah blah' is silly or seditious, then how is alternative media better?

Anyway, yes, he'll be an immense danger. Because there are a lot of quotes of him threatening what he'll do to media, his political opponents, those he views as his legal opponents, sections of the Constitution (particularly the 14th Amendment), and the structure of the government to gain greater power and control. He knows his way around, he knows his time constraints, he's motivated by power.

And I don't trust him one iota when it comes to documents and foreign powers. If he goes broke due to business loses due to HIS FRAUD, he'll be looking to profit from his time in office again.

This is all just my opinion.

So you're terrified that if Trump gets in he will do those things, but you're not bothered at all that the Biden admin is now actively doing all of those things?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,612
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

30 Sep 2023, 11:02 pm

Bataar wrote:
DoniiMann wrote:
Trump will be the greatest danger America ever faced if he gets in again. People can criticize mainstream media all they like, but in my opinion it's just an excuse to rely on one's preferred echo chambers. Think about if. If Trump says, 'blah blah blah' and the Leftist media directly quotes him as saying, 'blah blah blah', but your alternative media doesn't, because 'blah blah blah' is silly or seditious, then how is alternative media better?

Anyway, yes, he'll be an immense danger. Because there are a lot of quotes of him threatening what he'll do to media, his political opponents, those he views as his legal opponents, sections of the Constitution (particularly the 14th Amendment), and the structure of the government to gain greater power and control. He knows his way around, he knows his time constraints, he's motivated by power.

And I don't trust him one iota when it comes to documents and foreign powers. If he goes broke due to business loses due to HIS FRAUD, he'll be looking to profit from his time in office again.

This is all just my opinion.

So you're terrified that if Trump gets in he will do those things, but you're not bothered at all that the Biden admin is now actively doing all of those things?

:lmao:
Wow.
No.
Just No.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 491
Location: Tasmania

01 Oct 2023, 4:16 pm

Bataar wrote:

So you're terrified that if Trump gets in he will do those things, but you're not bothered at all that the Biden admin is now actively doing all of those things?


Biden isn't doing all those things. He's a fairly standard model politician. Not the best there ever was. Not the worst there ever was. He's doing what he can. He's doing infrastructure stuff. He's doing job stuff. He's doing the costs of medicine stuff.

He isn't threatening judges, generals, the media. He didn't try to steal an election. He isn't continually inciting violence. He isn't cycling his way through all available lawyers. He isn't a cult leader. Dems know it's his time now, but one day it'll be someone else.

He's basically the opposite of Trump.


_________________
assumption makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'mption'.


DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 491
Location: Tasmania

01 Oct 2023, 4:47 pm

MaxE wrote:
TBH I don't know how to react to an Australian who knows that much about the US constitution.


Distance doesn't mean much in the era of the internet. When Trump says, “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution. Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”, the quote makes it's way around the world... even Australia.


_________________
assumption makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'mption'.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 59,853
Location: Stendec

01 Oct 2023, 7:12 pm

DoniiMann wrote:
Bataar wrote:
So you're terrified that if Trump gets in he will do those things, but you're not bothered at all that the Biden admin is now actively doing all of those things?
Biden isn't doing all those things. He's a fairly standard model politician. Not the best there ever was. Not the worst there ever was. He's doing what he can. He's doing infrastructure stuff. He's doing job stuff. He's doing the costs of medicine stuff.

He isn't threatening judges, generals, the media. He didn't try to steal an election. He isn't continually inciting violence. He isn't cycling his way through all available lawyers. He isn't a cult leader. Dems know it's his time now, but one day it'll be someone else.

He's basically the opposite of Trump.
Leftover vanilla pudding, is what he is.


_________________
 
No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,108
Location: temperate zone

01 Oct 2023, 8:10 pm

Bataar wrote:
DoniiMann wrote:
Trump will be the greatest danger America ever faced if he gets in again. People can criticize mainstream media all they like, but in my opinion it's just an excuse to rely on one's preferred echo chambers. Think about if. If Trump says, 'blah blah blah' and the Leftist media directly quotes him as saying, 'blah blah blah', but your alternative media doesn't, because 'blah blah blah' is silly or seditious, then how is alternative media better?

Anyway, yes, he'll be an immense danger. Because there are a lot of quotes of him threatening what he'll do to media, his political opponents, those he views as his legal opponents, sections of the Constitution (particularly the 14th Amendment), and the structure of the government to gain greater power and control. He knows his way around, he knows his time constraints, he's motivated by power.

And I don't trust him one iota when it comes to documents and foreign powers. If he goes broke due to business loses due to HIS FRAUD, he'll be looking to profit from his time in office again.

This is all just my opinion.

So you're terrified that if Trump gets in he will do those things, but you're not bothered at all that the Biden admin is now actively doing all of those things?


So...you're telling us that Biden is at this moment shutting down the justice department and the FBI and is shutting down all media outlets that criticize Biden? The stuff Trump is threatening to do.



old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 666
Location: Somewhere west of where you are

01 Oct 2023, 8:27 pm

Yawn...this is 7 year old news.


_________________
It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,108
Location: temperate zone

02 Oct 2023, 2:15 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
Yawn...this is 7 year old news.

Wrong.

Trump was vindictive in his opinions even back when he was non political Manhatten socialite in the Eighties, and always authoritarian since running for office seven years ago.

But Trump wasnt making such blatant and specific threats like that until he left office.