Page 5 of 20 [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 8:42 pm

Quote:
The point of that little known last line being...after what you wicked captors did to us we would love to ...bash your babies...... But folks today usually...gloss over THAT last part when they quote the psalm.

Understandable? Yes. When wronged we all relate to having the urge to avenge. They were only human too.

I'm not sure if it IS understandable. I don't think I'd ever want to kill someone's babies no matter what, not even if they killed my son. I'd want the guilty people to pay but not innocent people and especially not children or babies.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 9:13 pm

aghogday wrote:
Obviously, Most of the

Book Was Written By
Butthurt Incels Even Way Back then...

Ezekiel 23:20
New International Version

"There she lusted after her lovers,
whose genitals were like those of donkeys
and whose emission was like that of horses
."
I'm surprised that I don't remember this one. 8O One would think that would be hard to forget.

Quote:
Perhaps 'Their Name' Was 'Chad' too HAha...

Yet It's True,

Dear Lord,

Just Look at the
Ceiling of the Sistine

Chapel; 'Small Packages'

The Prized Possession of
Michelangelo Inspired Divine and

Holy Paintings; Even in Sculpture As

Michelangelo's Jesus Finally Uncovered

By 'Fig Leaf' in 2017 By The 'Catholic Authorities'
Basically Had
the Same

Small

Religious

Artistically

Presented "Member" As David
Maybe they were just trying to feel better about their own members. I think that's what the Bible is mostly about - inferiority complexes related to underwhelming manhoods. That was my general impression anyway.

Quote:
Anyway Hehe, Believe it or not, i Read More Here than i Even Write; i Noted You are Looking For

A Silent Source of Strength in a Deity Hero; So, Here Are A Few Verses From 'The Book of the Law;'

Hehe, at the End of the Book It Forbids Anyone to Discuss it Yet Considering the Author

Was Just Taking

The 'Piss' Out of
The Old Book By
Writing "The Book of the Law"

Here it is Born Naked Again For All to See Hehe..:)

"70. I am the Hawk-Headed Lord of Silence & of Strength; my nemyss shrouds the night-blue sky.

71. Hail! ye twin warriors about the pillars of the world! for your time is nigh at hand.

72. I am the Lord of the Double Wand of Power; the wand of the Force of Coph Nia--
but my left hand is empty, for I have crushed an Universe; & nought remains.

73. Paste the sheets from right to left and from top to bottom: then behold!

74. There is a splendour in my name hidden and glorious, as the sun of midnight

is ever the son.

75. The ending of the words
is the Word Abrahadabra."

Haha A
Bra
Had
A Bra;

What a Humorous
Care Free Dude Indeed;
Just Taking A Piss out of Piss...
:lol: Sometime I should write my own version of scripture. I have some good ideas...

Quote:
Make the Best oF iT; Die With a SMiLe on Our Face...

The Only Part That is Equal Is We aRe All Born And Die.

Happy Halloween Season 2023! Such A Fitting Holiday Season For the Whole Species!

(Don't Tale Anyone;
It's A Secret Hehe;
i Live Year 'Round in Christmas)[/align]

Happy Halloween season to you too! To me, life is about enjoying the small things whenever possible. Since I view life as temporary and fleeting, it's all the more special. When I was a believer, it was always more about living for future rewards rather than the present. So much waste!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 9:38 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Quote:
The point of that little known last line being...after what you wicked captors did to us we would love to ...bash your babies...... But folks today usually...gloss over THAT last part when they quote the psalm.

Understandable? Yes. When wronged we all relate to having the urge to avenge. They were only human too.

I'm not sure if it IS understandable. I don't think I'd ever want to kill someone's babies no matter what, not even if they killed my son. I'd want the guilty people to pay but not innocent people and especially not children or babies.

Yes. I had sorta forgotten the exact imagery while waxing philosophical. Killing their babies...that way...

I can understand wanting to shoot Hitler, or Jeffery Daumier, or to touch the perp's groin with a cattle prod...if they did sumpin to your family. But I wouldnt wanna hurt their innocent baby nephews and nieces. Much less...

That IS rather strong medicine to swallow if you call it "the good book".

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 10:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
Quote:

Yes. I had sorta forgotten the exact imagery while waxing philosophical. Killing their babies...that way...

I can understand wanting to shoot Hitler, or Jeffery Daumier, or to touch the perp's groin with a cattle prod...if they did sumpin to your family. But I wouldnt wanna hurt their innocent baby nephews and nieces. Much less...

That IS rather strong medicine to swallow if you call it "the good book".

Yeah, I can envision wanting to seek revenge on nasty adults although I've never experienced it, not even with people who treated me horribly. But I can understand it.

ANYWAY, as far as all the genocide/killing babies is concerned, I suspect that it was just a more brutal time. Maybe people were desensitized to violence. I would certainly expect more from the word of a supposedly just god, though.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 10:30 pm

God threatens sexual abuse at Jeremiah 13:15-26:

"Hear and give ear; do not be haughty, for the Lord has spoken. . . . And if you say in your heart, 'Why have these things come upon me?' it is for the greatness of your iniquity that your skirts are lifted up, and you are violated . . . because you have forgotten me and trusted in lies. I myself will lift up your skirts over your face, and your shame will be seen."

He also threatens rape and the killing of babies at Isaiah 13:9-16:

"See, the day of the Lord is coming — a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated."

More nastiness from God at Hosea 13:4, 9, 16:

"You shall acknowledge no God but me. . . . You are destroyed, Israel. . . . The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:33 pm

Don’t forget massacring all those heathens.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:38 pm

More problems with Jesus.

He was speaking figuratively here, but these scriptures have caused people to actually harm themselves. In other words, Jesus should've known better than to say it if he was divine.

Matthew 5:29, 30 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to go into hell.

According to Jesus, the only acceptable grounds for divorce is "sexual immorality." This has kept a lot of people in abusive or unhappy marriages.

Matthew 5:31, 32 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that anyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Yeah, I've tried to work in a lot of genocide in this thread because I was inspired by what's currently going on. People can use their holy books to justify just about anything, and they often do.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:45 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yeah, I've tried to work in a lot of genocide because of what's currently going on. People can use their holy books to justify just about anything, and they do.

And if you are good and make it to the new Holy City you can’t bring your dog in.I guess God doesn't want them pooping on the streets of gold.I can’t remember exactly where that verse is at.Too tired to drag out the old Bible and look for it.
Streets of gold sound too much like something Trump would do. A dirt road suits me just fine.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 12:05 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Happy Halloween season to you too! To me, life is about enjoying the small things whenever possible. Since I view life as temporary and fleeting, it's all the more special. When I was a believer, it was always more about living for future rewards rather than the present. So much waste!

Separation of Church And State Is A Best Modern Way of Life;

No Longer Slaves of Someone Else's Antiquated

'Dead Story' So Much Freer That Way And Yes

Dear Lord Just What All the Old Toxic

Patriarchal

So-Called

Holy and Sacred
Text is Missing By

God Yes A Woman's Touch

Dear Twilight Princess Yes

Give it A Run Just For Fun;

Not Likely There Would Be

Justification For Dashing the

Heads of Babies With Stones With No Organic Souls...

Mostly When i Read the Bible i Am Reminded of the

Local Older Dude's At the Hardee's Breakfast Club

Getting Together

To Try to Figure

Out What Love Even Is

Other Than Killing Some Thing Dead...

YucK
What A
Nasty Tradition

aS A Deadly Way of Life Continues

True Livers Need Not Believe iN Breathing Less

Or More Than Doing LoVE iN Peace For Real Now..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 9:32 am

^ There’d certainly be no dashing the heads of babies in my holy book. :lol:

It would be more about peace, love, and avocados.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 9:35 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ There’d certainly be no dashing the heads of babies in my holy book. :lol:

It would be more about peace, love, and avocados.

Amen..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 9:52 am

I remember an old Family Guy episode where Stewie is reading The Bible and he's fascinated to learn just how evil God really is.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 9:57 am

^ Yeah, he’s wicked for what he does in the Bible and for what he doesn’t do overall. The idea of him on his throne watching stuff like abuse, genocide, and suffering take place and doing nothing about it is horrifying to me. It’s like something out of a horror movie.

Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death came through sin, and so death spread to all because all have sinned.”

Surely, if God is all-powerful and just, he could think of something better than allowing people to suffer for the sins of Adam. He could remove death and the hereditary propensity for sin. Instead, people paint God as some sort of victim who didn’t have a choice, but he’s God. He can do whatever the Hell he wants to.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2023, 9:58 am

funeralxempire wrote:

I missed this somehow earlier in the thread.

It’s hilarious! :lol: