19 Feb 2024, 1:12 am

Do you think he cares....he'll call it fake news or leftisr propaganda

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 1:32 am

cyberdad wrote:

He might call it that on troth sencial, but everyone knows he gets off on being ranked highly on lists. Forbes list especially, but he also brags about the height of his buildings, crowd size at his events, golf tournament wins (that he makes up) etc etc. So when he’s ranked Dead Last on a list.. especially as The Worst American President of all time.. you bet I think it gets under his orange bronzer and makes him throw ketchup at the wall.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 1:34 am

Great! I'm a historian now!! !

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 2:35 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
Great! I'm a historian now!! !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :heart:

Hexaborg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2024, 2:44 am

While i think Trump is bad, there are far worse presidents if you're ranking their presidencies by how evil they were

I would easily consider Nixon the most objectively evil president in history, as he and Kissinger killed many millions of people in relentless bombing campaigns focused on targeting civilians and crops in Cambodia and Vietnam, killed yet millions more in Bangladesh by arming Pakistan to commit a genocide, armed and enabled Pinochets rise to power in Chile along with his bloody fascist coup, Supported many brutal dictatorships Across Latin America, Enabled genocides in East Timor and Guatemala, Supported South African Apartheid, Armed and Trained forces in Nigeria to commit massacres, and so much more.

while many US presidents have committed genocides and ethnic cleansings, such as constantly enabling genocides across the western frontier, with Andrew Jackson being one of the more premier examples of that, but far from the only one, few can really compare in their sheer ruthlessness in wanting to kill as many people as possible in the millions as long as it served to expand US geopolitical or business interest in some way.

Trump, much like Obama is certainly far from free from sponsoring massacres as well, such as directly supporting and arming the Saudi's invasion of Yemen as well as other countries, and these are of course extremely inexcusable, but Nixon is still more evil.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 8:54 am

At least Nixon resigned, rather than attempt a coup. On the plus side, he is sometimes regarded as the last of the great liberal presidents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 3eaa49b88/

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 10:04 am

I think William Harrison is the worst. While he was dealing with Pneumonia, he accomplished nothing and then died.

It's my opinion that the only thing worse than having a terrible legacy is having no legacy at all.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 12:09 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

He might call it that on troth sencial, but everyone knows he gets off on being ranked highly on lists. Forbes list especially, but he also brags about the height of his buildings, crowd size at his events, golf tournament wins (that he makes up) etc etc. So when he’s ranked Dead Last on a list.. especially as The Worst American President of all time.. you bet I think it gets under his orange bronzer and makes him throw ketchup at the wall.

"Orange bronzer". The use of that term made me lol. :D

Hexaborg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2024, 5:40 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I think William Harrison is the worst. While he was dealing with Pneumonia, he accomplished nothing and then died.

It's my opinion that the only thing worse than having a terrible legacy is having no legacy at all.

I'd much rather have limited or no legacy at all than have a terrible legacy, but even so William Harrison did leave a horrible legacy as someone who actively participated in the ethnic cleansing and genocide of native americans during his military career.

here's a portion of letter written by Thomas "i totally LOVE the natives" Jefferson to William Henry Johnson:

https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... 39-02-0500

From Thomas Jefferson to William Henry Harrison, 27 February 1803

Quote:
You will recieve herewith an answer to your letter as President of the Convention: and from the Secretary at War you recieve from time to time information & instructions as to our Indian affairs. these communications being for the public records are restrained always to particular objects & occasions. but this letter being unofficial, & private, I may with safety give you a more extensive view of our policy respecting the Indians, that you may the better comprehend the parts dealt out to you in detail through the official channel, and observing the system of which they make a part, conduct yourself in unison with it in cases where you are obliged to act without instruction. our system is to live in perpetual peace with the Indians, to cultivate an affectionate attachment from them, by every thing just & liberal which we can do for them within the bounds of reason, and by giving them effectual protection against wrongs from our own people. the decrease of game rendering their subsistence by hunting insufficient, we wish to draw them to agriculture, to spinning & weaving. the latter branches they take up with great readiness, because they fall to the women, who gain by quitting the labours of the field for those which are exercised within doors. when they withdraw themselves to the culture of a small piece of land, they will percieve how useless to them are their extensive forests, and will be willing to pare them off from time to time in exchange for necessaries for their farms & families. to promote this disposition to exchange lands which they have to spare & we want, for necessaries, which we have to spare & they want, we shall push our trading houses, and be glad to see the good & influential individuals among them run in debt, because we observe that when these debts get beyond what the individuals can pay, they become willing to lop th[em off] by a cession of lands. at our trading houses too we mean to sell so low as merely to repay us cost and charges so as neither to lessen or enlarge our capital. this is what private traders cannot do, for they must gain; they will consequently retire from the competition, & we shall thus get clear of this pest without giving offence or umbrage to the Indians. in this way our settlements will gradually circumbscribe & approach the Indians, & they will in time either incorporate with us as citizens of the US. or remove beyond the Missisipi. the former is certainly the termination of their history most happy for themselves. but in the whole course of this, it is essential to cultivate their love. as to their fear, we presume that our strength & their weakness is now so visible that they must see we have only to shut our hand to crush them, & that all our liberalities to them proceed from motives of pure humanity only. should any tribe be fool-hardy enough to take up the hatchet at any time, the seizing the whole country of that tribe & driving them across the Missisipi, as the only condition of peace, would be an example to others, and a furtherance of our final consolidation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 1:27 am

I think James Buchanan, and Andrew Johnson, Lincoln's immediate predecessor and successor, could give Trump a run for his money. But definitely, Trump is the worst President in modern history.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 4:54 pm

Yeah! Give James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, FDR, Reagan, and Andrew Jackson some credit!

Seriously though. Trump was an embarrassing, moronic criminal, but other presidents have done worse to the country and the world. Trump is relatively par for the course as far as modern presidents go on actual policy positions. He just had far worse PR because he did not try to sugar-coat his contempt for immigrants/foreigners/non-whites/protesters. He just said the quiet parts out loud, so acting like Trump is astronomically worse than any other modern president is mainly because of a fixation on propriety and civility, rather than because Obama or Clinton were paragons of virtue and respectability. Obama especially was great at maintaining his image of the enlightened benevolent ruler while continuing many of the same policies as the widely-reviled GWB.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 7:15 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
Yeah! Give James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, FDR, Reagan, and Andrew Jackson some credit!

Seriously though. Trump was an embarrassing, moronic criminal, but other presidents have done worse to the country and the world. Trump is relatively par for the course as far as modern presidents go on actual policy positions. He just had far worse PR because he did not try to sugar-coat his contempt for immigrants/foreigners/non-whites/protesters. He just said the quiet parts out loud, so acting like Trump is astronomically worse than any other modern president is mainly because of a fixation on propriety and civility, rather than because Obama or Clinton were paragons of virtue and respectability. Obama especially was great at maintaining his image of the enlightened benevolent ruler while continuing many of the same policies as the widely-reviled GWB.

Even if you think every other potus is just as big an as*hole but they don’t say things out loud, measure trump in dollars and he’s still the worst. He added $7.8 TRILLION to the national debt. Even if you remove Covid spending from his last year in office, he still ram record deficits for his first 3 years via tax cuts for the already filthy rich.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 7:52 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

Fun fact: WHH, in addition to having the shortest presidency, was also the last president to have been born a British subject (born in 1773)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 7:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Historians Rank Donald Trump as Worst President in History

He came in dead last.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/histor ... n-history-

Makes sense.

Andrew Johnson is breathing a sign of relief from beyond the grave.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 9:43 pm

Hugs and validation - orange man bad!

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin