Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

She heads up the anti-prohibition party and runs on a platform of legalizing: prostitution, marijuana and same sex marriage, and firearms rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Da ... itician%29

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

number5
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 12:23 pm

Are we even sure she is a "her?"

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 12:26 pm

Nope.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm

number5 wrote:
Are we even sure she is a "her?"

Pretty certain. She was a Madame in New York before Elliot Spitzer got in trouble.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2010, 12:57 pm

Legalized prostitution could lead to more tax income AND safer working environments to prostitutes if done well, sooooo heeey

Weed, on the other hand, is accumulating more and more scientific warning labels, so for now screw that stuff...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:00 pm

Eldanesh wrote:
Weed, on the other hand, is accumulating more and more scientific warning labels, so for now screw that stuff...

+1

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:12 pm

Eldanesh wrote:

Lies.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2010, 1:14 pm

Yes, down with the man!

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2010, 1:20 pm

Ninja Edit: Assuming you are listening in a serious matter, it is important to explain the situation fully. Cannabis and schizophrenia have been linked correlationally in a strong way in many studies, but the mechanism (causation) is still a process of debate. This means it could go one of two ways. It could be disproven as an agent of psychosis, or chemically linked. This means that the substance is under serious investigation. Kind of like how cigarettes were once "not causally proven to have ahverse health affects". They do! This of course does not mean that cannabis will follow the same route, but it is obviously not a PROVEN SAFE substance either. So let us wait until we figure it out first before popping the pill :roll:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:24 pm

skafather84 wrote:

She heads up the anti-prohibition party and runs on a platform of legalizing: prostitution, marijuana and same sex marriage, and firearms rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Da ... itician%29

Sign me up!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:53 pm

Eldanesh wrote:
Ninja Edit: Assuming you are listening in a serious matter, it is important to explain the situation fully. Cannabis and schizophrenia have been linked correlationally in a strong way in many studies, but the mechanism (causation) is still a process of debate. This means it could go one of two ways. It could be disproven as an agent of psychosis, or chemically linked. This means that the substance is under serious investigation. Kind of like how cigarettes were once "not causally proven to have ahverse health affects". They do! This of course does not mean that cannabis will follow the same route, but it is obviously not a PROVEN SAFE substance either. So let us wait until we figure it out first before popping the pill :roll:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say no on waiting. People are going to jail now and there are no immediate concerns other than with people who already have an existing predisposition to mental problems (ie, if you have schizophrenia in your family, you shouldn't do it). Alcohol and cigarettes are not only worse but show more harmful effects in much less time than it's taken these interminable studies of marijuana which time and time again fail to show a legitimate reason for its legal status given the harm done to society with it being illegal.

It's a basic equation: society is harmed more by it being illegal than it is harmed by it being legal.

In fact, it's a pretty basic equation for all prohibition: it creates violent crime for non-violent offenses.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2010, 2:14 pm

Personally I am cool as long as it is not a public/ in bars type thing, but that would be only after it was shown to be less detrimental then they are suggesting.
But I suppose I was always more of the patient type 8)

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 4:16 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Eldanesh wrote:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say no on waiting. People are going to jail now and there are no immediate concerns other than with people who already have an existing predisposition to mental problems (ie, if you have schizophrenia in your family, you shouldn't do it). Alcohol and cigarettes are not only worse but show more harmful effects in much less time than it's taken these interminable studies of marijuana which time and time again fail to show a legitimate reason for its legal status given the harm done to society with it being illegal.

It's a basic equation: society is harmed more by it being illegal than it is harmed by it being legal.

In fact, it's a pretty basic equation for all prohibition: it creates violent crime for non-violent offenses.

a friend of mine struggled with many different medications and had quite a terrible time of it in the years immediately following his diagnosis of schizophrenia. i don't know much more, specifically, about his condition, but i do know that when he worked himself off of most of the pills and started smoking cannabis, he found life much more livable. i think i will start following this alleged correlation with more interest.

in the mean time, i'm still voting yes on 19.

kristin davis has a lot of great one-liners and ffs, if spitzer gets a tv show on cnn i don't see how terrible she could really be for new york......

.... .....but at some point we might want to consider qualifications for political candidates... ...though i can't imagine a more terrifying prospect for any of the new york politicians who she already knows.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 7:49 pm

Sounds good to me, I'd definitely vote for her if I lived in NY, just to see her fight with Bloomberg.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:22 pm

I'd vote for both.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:26 pm

Yes. I'd vote for her.