Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 6:37 pm

Okay, okay. This has gone on far enough. I have been getting complaints left, right, and centre about what's going on in here, so considering I am the only moderator on at this present time, I guess it is up to me to lay down the law here:

NUMBER 1: There is no such thing as free speech on this site. It is a privately owned website. Free speech is allowed to an extent, but does not give you licence to spout trash with impugnity.

NUMBER 2: In this forum, we are to have reasoned debate only. No stupid sniping of dogma, no ad hominem attacks. You do so intelligently, or not at all. It is OK to have facetious threads, and ones that poke fun at political and religious figures, as long as you don't go too far. If you're wondering who will judge this, take a stab at guessing.

NUMBER 3: Everyone has a right to their opinion, and the right to defend that opinion. Barring opinions that belong to extremists. And if you are wondering, who will judge us as extremists, take a guess. But even so, stop attacking people just because of their views unless you have the evidence to back it up. If you can't convince them, get up and go away.

NUMBER 4: All members of Sopho's zOMG Aspies forum who are also members here. Do not come from there with the express purpose of stirring up trouble. I know you are, and you will immediately cease and desist. If you wish to post in this forum, do so for actual debate, not for your amusement, or to be agenst provocateur.

I will be adding to these later.

Keep it civil, or keep out!! !

On sabbatical...

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 6:48 pm

You missed off a consequences bit for breaking the rules...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 7:05 pm

Hadron wrote:

They should know them already.

On sabbatical...

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 7:06 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Hadron wrote:

They should know them already.

Have you banned some of them then?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Aug 2007, 7:11 pm

yes sire :P

just kidding. i think its good someones gonna laydown the law

psych
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 7:15 pm

option 2 gets my vote - wheres the poll?

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 7:21 pm

Quatermass: It's about time somebody did. And I hope these rules apply to everyone, because some people seem to think they can get away with virtual murder, and those that retaliate cop the flack. One in, all in.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 7:59 pm

posting under other members personal photo avatars should be specifically banned imho.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 4:29 am

How about banning anyone from sites like Intensity Squared and other malicious ones that trawl for members just to get flamed on those sites, and that flaming gets the WP members that have been trawled a banning here? Baiting of any form should not be tolerated, whether it's setting up a thread to provoke people or recruiting for them to be 'bashed' in another site.

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 4:38 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
How about banning anyone from sites like Intensity Squared and other malicious ones that trawl for members just to get flamed on those sites, and that flaming gets the WP members that have been trawled a banning here? Baiting of any form should not be tolerated, whether it's setting up a thread to provoke people or recruiting for them to be 'bashed' in another site.

Being a member of Intensity should not exclude someone from being a member on this site, as a member on there myself. I assume you actually know nothing about the place.

rideforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2007, 4:51 am

I see the Parakeet has zapped up another exclusive Christian thread. WTF ?

Banning people of certain religions from posting in other religions' threads -> is that really the best you can come up with Quatermass ? It's exceptionally dumb.

For quite a long time the 'Christians' have been moaning about the discussions here and now you give them exclusive threads.

Best thing to do is to Give them their own section and rename to WrongChristianPlanet.

As to the original purpose - support - that obviously takes 2nd place to Jesus.

Here at WP we have a community of like minded Aspies in a number of categories :

Jews ONLY
Muslims ONLY
Christians ONLY
Agonistics ONLY
Atheists ONLY
Buddhists ONLY
as*holes ONLY

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 4:57 am

Hadron: I saw a thread about people from I2 recruiting people (I think calandale was one of the ones talking) which was posted awhile back, and it seemed that there were some people from there who were members here that dragged others other, and those peole got flamed just because they didn't fit in. I doubt you have done it, but I'm just saying that if anyone has baited anyone whether it's here on on another site, it shouldn't be tolerated. I think the thread was in the WrongPlanet.Net discussions forum near the bottom of the main index.

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 5:05 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
Hadron: I saw a thread about people from I2 recruiting people (I think calandale was one of the ones talking) which was posted awhile back, and it seemed that there were some people from there who were members here that dragged others other, and those peole got flamed just because they didn't fit in. I doubt you have done it, but I'm just saying that if anyone has baited anyone whether it's here on on another site, it shouldn't be tolerated. I think the thread was in the WrongPlanet.Net discussions forum near the bottom of the main index.

Members get impersonated on there, so without being a member on there it is very difficult to keep track of what goes on there. There hasnt actually been any baiting that I have seen on Intensity for a while, there is a lot less then there is on that Zomg thing. I think you should make an account there, make some posts, and then see if your mind is the same. For the record, Calandale invited me over here.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 5:48 am

Thanx for the offer Hadron, but I think I'll stay here, even though it might be different from what I've heard. I'm just sick of all this back-biting that's been going on, and some people seem to hide behind their beliefs to get away with murder. It's not fair on the rest of us to have to put up with it. Agree?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 6:36 am

Quatermass wrote:
Okay, okay. This has gone on far enough. I have been getting complaints left, right, and centre about what's going on in here, so considering I am the only moderator on at this present time, I guess it is up to me to lay down the law here:

Perhaps you should consult with Alex?

Quote:
NUMBER 1: There is no such thing as free speech on this site. It is a privately owned website. Free speech is allowed to an extent, but does not give you licence to spout trash with impugnity.

BS. That's about all I have to say.
I think that Alex has made his own opinion
on that matter clear. You shouldn't take it
onto yourself to reverse that, even if you
have people who might support you.

Quote:
NUMBER 2: In this forum, we are to have reasoned debate only. No stupid sniping of dogma, no ad hominem attacks. You do so intelligently, or not at all. It is OK to have facetious threads, and ones that poke fun at political and religious figures, as long as you don't go too far. If you're wondering who will judge this, take a stab at guessing.

Hard judgement no? Begins again to wander into the territory of what
is free speech. Hell, hate speech, and the like shouldn't be tolerated. But,
I think we do a pretty damned good job of policing ourselves. One of the
reasons I resigned (so I would feel free to do so) rather than remaining
tied to the limitations of Alex's concept. BUT, you ARE tied to those. Toe
the f*****g line.

Quote:
NUMBER 3: Everyone has a right to their opinion, and the right to defend that opinion. Barring opinions that belong to extremists. And if you are wondering, who will judge us as extremists, take a guess. But even so, stop attacking people just because of their views unless you have the evidence to back it up. If you can't convince them, get up and go away.

Maybe you should go away. Look - you can't just tell people to piss off,
because you don't like how they express themselves. Again, one would
think that you've enough wrongfull calls to have learned this.

Quote:
NUMBER 4: All members of Sopho's zOMG Aspies forum who are also members here.

maybe you shouldn't be so discriminatory?

Quote:
I will be adding to these later.

[size=18]Keep it civil, or keep out!! !

Yeah. Nice f*****g attitude.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2007, 6:42 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:

I don't know if this is some attack on myself (or I2), as
I am FAR too inebriated to try and parse TCO's posts. But,
whatever insanity he is accusing me of, I plead not guilty,
until he can put it into plain English, or I am sober enough to
figure out WTF he might be thinking. :P