Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2004, 5:45 pm

I'm obsessed with politics and hating Bush.

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2004, 6:31 pm

I'm obsessed with politics and liking Bush. 8) I'm really more into civil rights issues though.

midge
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2004, 10:14 pm

I am also pretty interested in politics as well and I despise the whole Bush administration...I think it's probably the most corrupt administration we've ever had and a danger to democracy and I also think they are making terrorism worse. I was kind of turned off politics for awhile but I got back into it during the primaries this year (I voted for Kucinich! :-)) What did you think of Farhenheit 911 (if you saw it that is)? I loved it, I've seen it 3 times...some of it might have been a little exaggerated but I think overall he did a pretty good job of using solid, reliable evidence. It was a real eye-opener. I've also got some of the latest political books on my reading list (esp. Against All Enemies and Al Franken's book) but haven't had a lot of time so far. I am a devoted reader of the newspaper though. Are you a member of any politcal party? I'm kind of an independent who is pretty left leaning (I don't call myself a liberal b/c I don't like labels and all that liberal/conservative bashing) but I come from a long line of democrats and usually go for the dem's. I also love election years but I am going to be very nervous this election night, it's going to be a nail-biter (I mean, there's a 2% difference in the polls right now!). Well, I'll finish off with something I saw written on the sidewalk at my university today...more trees, less Bushes!!

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2004, 1:52 am

I dont like Bush, but really dont hate him. He's better then his dad though. Remember the words that cost him the election the second time? Read my lips. CLinton was a great president.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 5:42 pm

I'm obsessed with politics, have been for decades. I have never hated another human being as much as I hate George W. Bush. It is his obvious aim to control the world's oil supply abroad, while stripping Americans of most of their civil liberties here at home, and especially to further enrich the wealthy at the expense of everybody else.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 7:13 pm

Being "a foreigner" I find him great comic relief.... as long as I can stop myself thinking about the oncoming Apocalypse he's greasing the wheels of.... :cry:

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2005, 7:26 pm

ed wrote:
I'm obsessed with politics, have been for decades. I have never hated another human being as much as I hate George W. Bush. It is his obvious aim to control the world's oil supply abroad, while stripping Americans of most of their civil liberties here at home, and especially to further enrich the wealthy at the expense of everybody else.

You said it.

:star:

Minus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2005, 4:52 am

I'm also interested in politics, especially the various ideologies and the philosophies behind them.

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jan 2005, 7:36 am

In general I am, but my obsessions go through cycles and sometimes politics does drop way down on the list (unfortunately).

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2005, 12:15 pm

Politics, like languages such as Russian in my case, aren't my main obsession, which is religion. It's more part of my 'front' personality, something to talk about with normal people. But it's not all an act - I believe what I blog.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2005, 6:53 pm

Anyway, I wouldn't say I was obsessed by politics particularly, although it is of course one of the many things I get very narrow, singular, strong, emotional and overbearing opinions about.... I can't "talk to" people about politics, only rant at them, unfortunately.... :(

stjimmy2500
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2005, 6:20 pm

Yep i am a complte case of poltical obbession and they shift like the winds

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2005, 12:16 am

TaliDaRadical wrote:
I'm obsessed with politics and liking Bush.

::sends a high five to Tali on that one::

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 11:59 pm

Tekneek wrote:
In general I am, but my obsessions go through cycles and sometimes politics does drop way down on the list (unfortunately).
I'm interested in politics but not obssessed except maybe about a few single issues.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 7:22 am

I am obsessed with politics, yes.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 3:50 pm

I like politics, but I am not sure I would call it an obsession. It is interesting to think about.