Page 9 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

I think the real reason why it's illegal is so government can be the pimp.

Think about it? What's the major difference between marriage and prostitution?

In marriage, government make the rules. This is what marriage is. Government define marriage.

In prostitution the party make the rules. Okay I want sex you want money. Each care of what the others want. You do not need to care that what you want is immoral in the eyes of others. This doesn't serve the interest of others.

In particular, if women are truly free to choose, too many will choose brad pitt, bill gates, etc. So in democratic countries we have monogamy. It ensures that the poorest guy get a girl and the middle guy can get someone prettier.

So obviously for various reasons many people want to regulate other people life. They just need justification. And the more common BS is that somehow it's a not victimless.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 2:07 pm

AgusCahyo wrote:
Think about it? What's the major difference between marriage and prostitution?

Evidently, you know very little about marriage.

Key concepts:

The idea of marriage is older than the idea of states or state power.

Marriage doesn't necessarily involve sex, though a primary function of marriage for many is facilitating reproduction.

There is an interesting relationship between the words husband, husbandry and householder and it's not about prostitution of any kind.

AgusCahyo wrote:
So in democratic countries we have monogamy. It ensures that the poorest guy get a girl and the middle guy can get someone prettier.

It doesn't work that way. Your theory is not based in reality.

wecansimplybeourselves
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm

All harmless victimless crimes should be legalized. So I would say that prostitution should be leaglized but pimping and streetwalking and curb crawling shouldn't.

AgusCahyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2016, 8:10 am

why should pimping be criminalized? What's the pimp's fault?