Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you tired of American morons posting their racist, monotheistic rubbish all over the internet as if it was their exclusive domain?
Yes 65%  65%  [ 15 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 23

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 11:55 pm

Everywhere I go on the WORLD wide web I find narrow minded American plonkers spouting their hate and bile, personally I am tired of this, statistically I am more likely as a Kiwi citizen to die from US military actions than Muslim [or any other] 'terrorism', statistically I am more likely to be killed by another white person than someone from one of the worlds many black/brown/yellow/red... citizens, so why should I want to read all this unfounded fear and hate mongering from morons?

What do you think?

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2007, 12:08 am

New Zealand, hmmm... we'll find it eventually. It's on the map, right? Let's pencil you in for May '09 and determine action by then. Caucasian nation? Christian? Speak English? Heard of Elvis, Jesus or Coca~Cola?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 1:18 am

It's not just Americans. I'm on an exclusively Australian forum and a lot of that crap goes on over there. Xenophobia is part of human nature, it seems.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 1:23 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
It's not just Americans. I'm on an exclusively Australian forum and a lot of that crap goes on over there. Xenophobia is part of human nature, it seems.

I'd say it was because of competition between different human tribes or collectives much further back in history. It's animalistic.

On sabbatical...

Othila
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2007, 2:32 am

Why do you think only Americans do this? As I recall there are quite a lot of neo nazis still alive and kicking in Western Europe. I don't think the US is much encouraged by all the radical Isamic factions that have been popping up in Europe; perhaps as a result from racism in those places? Can you even become a natural french citizen yet if you are originally from a former french colony? I will agree with you that the racists in the US are much more outspoken about their hatred but it seems to me a lot of subtle racism is alive and well in other parts of the world.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 9:48 am

If your making a slam on me, I have my reasons ok? Furthermore its truely how I feel, if you cant understand why I feel the way I do then its not my problem. However I must make it clear that Im not racist. In any way, shape, or form. I judge people for who they truely are.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2007, 9:49 am

I'm tired of the monotheistic stuff (the bible belt comes to mind), but I only attribute this to Americans because they're the ones saying it. If there were other religious biggots saying the same things, I wouldn't discriminate them; they're equally as bad.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 1:58 pm

username88 wrote:
If your making a slam on me, I have my reasons ok? Furthermore its truely how I feel, if you cant understand why I feel the way I do then its not my problem. However I must make it clear that Im not racist. In any way, shape, or form. I judge people for who they truely are.

Ahem... Who you perceive that they truly are.

-Walt Whitman

username88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 2:23 pm

Give me an instance.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 2:34 pm

Aotearoa is a beautiful country, a land of many families and a land of forests, it is the meeting ground of the Polynesian and Celtic peoples, and that is the basis of our tendency towards a belief in fair play and civility.
Over here, we have some of these unpleasant things, they are indeed 'part of human nature', however every time I see someone start up with that rubbish, regardless of what colour, religion or class, generally someone from within the same subgroup will generally pipe up and say 'enough, we don't want that rubbish here, ease up....' this is because civility and sociability are also part of 'human nature'.
However I come online and this is the third forum in a row where there seems to be some 'wasp, north American mafia ready to make the most outrageous claims, start the most inflammatory threads, spam threads started in good faith by subgroups of thought they don't understand or despise, and I seldom if ever see anyone say 'hey, cuz, you are bringing shame on the family man, we don't want that rubbish here'.
It is true it is not exclusively US citizens but it mainly is, I have seen the same in odd personalities in other countries but their presence in the English language forums is reduced or they are just less commonly held. There are Australian and English people subscribing to the same basic values but they usually only join in rather than initiating the conversation, or launching the thread, they are obviously less tolerated as there is some sheepishness at least.
Don't get me wrong we have all this s**t in my country as I said, we are subject to the same bombard of US/BBC driven media spin, however like I said we have a CULTURE that seems less tolerant of such foul behaviour, for a start most people have too much dignity to want to behave like that, we would rather sit on the earth and talk it through, if it is strange then it needs understanding - then it is no longer strange.
peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 2:41 pm

username88 wrote:
Give me an instance.

Are you talking to me? If so; Please clarify.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 3:35 pm

I am american and want to say that you find prejudiced, racist monotheists everywhere in the world. Not just the USA. But you are right. Monotheists are the most bigoted peopole around. "Everyone goes to hell except us!" Pathetic sheep.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 4:27 pm

Everyone posts crap on the internet. Deal with it, and argue against them.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 5:03 pm

pheonixiis wrote:
username88 wrote:
Give me an instance.

Yes, I would like to know when I wrongfully discriminated.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 5:30 pm

username88 wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:
username88 wrote:
Give me an instance.

Yes, I would like to know when I wrongfully discriminated.

I don't know that you have wrongly discriminated against anyone. I wasn't trying to imply that you have; only that you may have. We all build our perceptions about individual people that we meet based on the information that they give us. That can include anything from use of language, what they physically look like, to their religious background. We take what we perceive and run it through our own personal filter of belief systems, moral standards and experiences. So when you say that you "judge people for who they truly are", I feel that that is an all-inclusive, obtuse statement, that is inherently flawed. Are you claiming some sort of ethereal insight into someones psyche, scruples, motivations, or soul? Are you omniscient? Should we be looking for the four horsemen since you have decided to grace the earth with your presence? :wink: My husband and I have been married for ten years and I am very secure in saying that neither one of us knows who the other "truly" is. I have to say that that one statement of yours certainly sets off some alarm bells about your personality to me, but I don't know who you truly are. I am willing to say that you are probably prone to all inclusive statements and you may not run what you say through the "action/consequence filter" before you commit it in black and white, but that is only a guess based on my own past experiences and you are probably more complicated then that.

-Walt Whitman

vandire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2007, 6:54 pm

The internet is the greatest tool of self expression invented to date. (Save, perhaps, for language itself.)

Idiots get to express their opinion too, which is good. It's better to have stupid opinions out in the open, because

A) Theres a small chance people will learn more.
B) People are more likely to reflect on what they've learnt if exposed to alternate ideas and opinions.
C) It's always nice to know what idiots are being fed at any given time.
D) it's even nicer to know what pseudo intellectuals are being fed at any given time.
E) People who rant crap online might vent some of the stupid from their system.
F) There's always the slim chance the idiots are right, and the realisation may dawn in time.

6 very strong potential reasons why I have no problem with idiotic views being presented in a manner that harms nobody, even it offends a few. And to be honest, it's easy enough to click back if something online is offensive.