Which Christian denomination do you belong to?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Which Christian denomination do you belong to?
Baptist 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Roman Catholic 32%  32%  [ 8 ]
Presbyterian 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Orthodox Christian (as in Russian/Greek) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Methodist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Non/Inter-denominational 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Anglican and related 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Fundmentalist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 32%  32%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 25

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 4:45 pm

I am a Lutheran, but very close to renouncing Christianity.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Capriccio
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2008, 5:14 pm

Fundamentalist really isn't a denomination, though it describes me (believe the Bible to be 100% true, solid belief in Christ, nothing violent or hateful as many would assume it to mean). Denomination-wise, I'm a pentecostal and I love it :)

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:02 am

Capriccio wrote:
Fundamentalist really isn't a denomination, though it describes me (believe the Bible to be 100% true, solid belief in Christ, nothing violent or hateful as many would assume it to mean). Denomination-wise, I'm a pentecostal and I love it :)

Sorry but how the heck can you believe the bible to be 100% true. It doesnt even agree with itself. I pressume that you will claim to have read the bible many times, if so you have not managed to notice all the glaring contradictions.

I know I am probalby being offensive but I find blind faith in a superstious story that has been changed and rewritten to suit the authors agenda, baffling. I would not really mind, but peoples belief in this story, and its cousins, are being used by those in power to rip fragile communities apart, destroying lives and cultures.

I have friends that would benefit from stem cell research, but cant because so called christians force their beliefs onto others lives. Women all around the world suffer in so many ways because of religions. All this because a minority of the worlds population believe in a superstitious story.

In the words of Richard Dawkins I am agnostic about god as I am agnostic about the tooth fairy.
If, beyond all probability god does exist I wonder if god will match your beliefs. Some of you seem to have a formed a fantastic personality profile on god. Plucked I feel with great precision from thin air. :!: :!: :!:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx