Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Who will you be voting/have you voted for?
Poll ended at 04 Apr 2008, 7:03 pm
Barack Obama 44%  44%  [ 15 ]
Hillary Clinton 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
John McCain 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mitt Romney 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Huckabee 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
omg RON PAUL!! ! RON PAUL!! !! RON PAUL!! !!eleventy-one 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Abstain/not eligible 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 34

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 7:03 pm

Tomorrow is Super Tuesday, and I plan to vote in the party of my choice's primary election. For those living in the United States and registered to vote, which candidate will you be voting for (have already voted for on an earlier day or later day as the case may be)?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Feb 2008, 7:56 pm

I'll probably vote for Obama, but I honestly think that it would be cool either way, as we have never before had either a black or a woman president.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 2:50 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
I'll probably vote for Obama, but I honestly think that it would be cool either way, as we have never before had either a black or a woman president.

Why does that even matter? I'm voting Paul not because he's a white man but because I agree with his positions. Though I will note that your comment was unintentionally perceptive when you said either way since the Republicans have no chance at winning the next election, so it's already down to Hillary or Obama.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 3:14 pm

I caucused for Obama.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 4:58 pm

I can't vote in Super Tuesday, because I live in Oregon.....which has one of the last primary votes.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Feb 2008, 5:21 pm

Orwell wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

Why does that even matter? I'm voting Paul not because he's a white man but because I agree with his positions. Though I will note that your comment was unintentionally perceptive when you said either way since the Republicans have no chance at winning the next election, so it's already down to Hillary or Obama.

It matters to me, because I tend to favor change over the same old thing all the time. If we actually do something different in the white house, people will see that skin color and sex do not matter after all, that both women and men have an equal chance at running the country, and that skin color shouldn't matter when it comes to being a presidential candidate. The only way that people seem able to change, is to have something really big change. After the fall-out, they look around and say, "Hey! He's just like us! Or, hey! Although she's a woman, she is doing a great job! (Sheer optimism, I know) But I would like a change.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Feb 2008, 6:18 pm

i didnt vote, because MY VOTE WONT MATTER ANYWAYS GAWD :wink:

no but seriously. its all boring to me, i was never facinated with politics ::yawns::

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 7:14 pm

nothing is going to change because the president has very little power to run the country, the fools will continue to storm wal-mart and buy chicom junk and jump in the SUV's and burn gas like it don't matter and more massive fuel consuming homes will be built once the current housing down turn vanishes. mexicans will continue to stream across the boarder

health care & education will still be bottomless money pits.

LBJ's great society failed, the poor are still poor and there are more of them and now most families have 2 people in the work force to survive.

Only damn fools still believe the government will help them.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Feb 2008, 7:22 pm

Johnnie wrote:

Well, I am not a damn fool, but I don't embrace apathy, either. For me not to care, would be apathetic.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 9:29 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Well, I am not a damn fool, but I don't embrace apathy, either. For me not to care, would be apathetic.

you can care all you want and go vote till the day you die, but if most people don't care it's pointless.

Free health care, free education,free child day care, why work when everything is free. Who are they going to tax when more people do want I did and say screw it and drop out of the work force. I now pay about 1/10th the taxes I used to pay. Just wait until Killary or Obama convince most dual income high salary households to downsize and either the husband or wife drops out of the work force because of the high taxes.

I read about married doctors, one of them quit because between the taxes and the child care it was pointless for both of them to work, they gained nothing. Just out of that one household the government probably lost 6 figures in taxes, multiple it across the whole upper middle class and tax revenues will plument big time once Killary or Obama start taxing the rich even more.
Many white collar workers are married to other white collar workers, just wait until the dems raise their taxes and half of them quit working. They are also more likely to have investment income coming in which the dems want to raise the tax rate on giving them even more reason to have one stay home.
The empty nesters might just call it a day and both quit working and go retire.

You can be a caring republican and as long as the majority think they are going to get something for nothing, you will be out voted. You can be a caring democrat and as long as most can't even begin to comprehend the bigger picture, it's pointless.

America is hell bent of self destruction, ain't no stopping it at this point, people are too damn stupid from sitting in front of the boob tube listening to sound bites and believing they understand what's going on.

I subscribe to the wall street journal, they have a forum and the brainwashed wannabee Warren Buffets are just as nuts as the brainwashed liberals. We live in a country full of people brainwashed by either far left or far right propoganda feed to them by special interest groups who are both laughing all the way to the bank as the suckers buy their crap.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 8:59 am

I HATE SUPER TUESDAY

my tv show wasnt on because of the the news on the primaries

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2008, 3:41 pm

Johnnie wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

you can care all you want and go vote till the day you die, but if most people don't care it's pointless.

Free health care, free education,free child day care, why work when everything is free. Who are they going to tax when more people do want I did and say screw it and drop out of the work force. I now pay about 1/10th the taxes I used to pay. Just wait until Killary or Obama convince most dual income high salary households to downsize and either the husband or wife drops out of the work force because of the high taxes.

I read about married doctors, one of them quit because between the taxes and the child care it was pointless for both of them to work, they gained nothing. Just out of that one household the government probably lost 6 figures in taxes, multiple it across the whole upper middle class and tax revenues will plument big time once Killary or Obama start taxing the rich even more.
Many white collar workers are married to other white collar workers, just wait until the dems raise their taxes and half of them quit working. They are also more likely to have investment income coming in which the dems want to raise the tax rate on giving them even more reason to have one stay home.

You can be a caring republican and as long as the majority think they are going to get something for nothing, you will be out voted. You can be a caring democrat and as long as most can't even begin to comprehend the bigger picture, it's pointless.

America is hell bent of self destruction, ain't no stopping it at this point, people are too damn stupid from sitting in front of the boob tube listening to sound bites and believing they understand what's going on.

I subscribe to the wall street journal, they have a forum and the brainwashed wannabee Warren Buffets are just as nuts as the brainwashed liberals. We live in a country full of people brainwashed by either far left or far right propoganda feed to them by special interest groups who are both laughing all the way to the bank as the suckers buy their crap.

Yea. If I didn't want to work I'd move to sweden (no offense meant, just a comment on all the free money they get). Seriously, though. Its pathetic. Many many people would rather not work a day in their lives and get free chit, rather than have freedoms. All the news media use the "ron paul revolutionist/s/aries" quote like/as in it would be a revolution if we got ron paul in office. Don't get me wrong, it would be. However, I don't think all those people who contributed to the money bombs are going to be very happy if he doesn't win. Ron paul is the only candidate that I'v seen that opposes the north american union (huckabee might also, but I'm not sure). There are about 20 states that have a class-action lawsuit agains the fed gov, and those states aren't going to roll over if hillary gets in office, and tries to implement all that stuff. So like I said, it would be nice if paul got in office, but that isn't going to be the last time you hear from the revolutionists. Say goodbye U.S.A., say hello ceded union (again).
I like your use of killary. I usually say hitlery.
And as far as being fed all that crap, thats one reason why I decided to support paul. The rest of his supporters don't care about any of that, and when the time comes (if it does) they'll be doing what they want to, not what the boob toob tells them to.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:19 am

nomnom_hamster wrote:
Johnnie wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Yea. If I didn't want to work I'd move to sweden (no offense meant, just a comment on all the free money they get). Seriously, though. Its pathetic. Many many people would rather not work a day in their lives and get free chit, rather than have freedoms. All the news media use the "ron paul revolutionist/s/aries" quote like/as in it would be a revolution if we got ron paul in office. Don't get me wrong, it would be. However, I don't think all those people who contributed to the money bombs are going to be very happy if he doesn't win. Ron paul is the only candidate that I'v seen that opposes the north american union (huckabee might also, but I'm not sure). There are about 20 states that have a class-action lawsuit agains the fed gov, and those states aren't going to roll over if hillary gets in office, and tries to implement all that stuff. So like I said, it would be nice if paul got in office, but that isn't going to be the last time you hear from the revolutionists. Say goodbye U.S.A., say hello ceded union (again).
I like your use of killary. I usually say hitlery.
And as far as being fed all that crap, thats one reason why I decided to support paul. The rest of his supporters don't care about any of that, and when the time comes (if it does) they'll be doing what they want to, not what the boob toob tells them to.

The wimps don't want to grow up and take care of themselves, just remain children and replace their parents by the nanny state. Like they did their chores by going to work and are now entitled to be provided for no matter how crummy a job they did at their chore called a job.
Only one problem with their theory, the people supporting their butts are going to quit by the millions when it is no longer worth busting butt and being responsable.

http://www.gospelweb.net/CultureWar/antstory.htm

About 50 years ago, when our own children were still very small, we bought a well illustrated version of the story of "The Ant and The Grasshopper" for our young children to read and enjoy. They loved the story, and it taught some valuable moral lessons as well!

THE NEW LIBERAL VERSION OF THE SAME STORY

It starts out the same but when winter comes the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving. CBS, NBC, and ABC show up and show pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to some film of the ant in his comfortable warm home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can it be, in a country of such wealth that this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Then a representative of the N.A.A.G.B. (The National Association of Green Bugs) shows up on Night Line and charges the ant with "Green Bias" and makes the case that the grasshopper is the victim of 30 million years of greenism. Kermit the frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when he sings "It's Not Easy Being Green."

Bill and Hillary Clinton make a special guest appearance on the CBS evening news and tell a concerned Dan Rather that they will do everything they can for the grasshopper who has been denied the prosperity he deserves by those who benefitted unfairly during the summer, or as Bill refers to it, the "Temperatures Of The 80's".

Finally the E.E.O.C. drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Greenism Act" RETRO- ACTIVE to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and having nothing left to pay his Retro-Active Taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

The modern version of the story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last little bits of the ant's food while the government house he's living in .... which just happens to be the ant's old house .... crumbles around him since he doesn't know or seem to care how to maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow. And on the big screen TV, which the grasshopper bought by selling most of the ant's food, Bill Clinton is standing before a wildly applauding group of Liberals announcing that a new era of "Fairness" has dawned in America!

==============================
Liberals will never get it, the ants will just keep a low profile and hide their wealth from the eyes of the liberals and pretend they are down and out like the grasshopper.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2008, 12:07 pm

In a modern Ants and the Grasshopper story, the ants are told to be very afraid of anything not antlike because the balance of Nature means that anthills are vulnerable to Nature's forces but if they give up all Nature's Constitutional rights and look the other way when high crimes against Nature are being committed, they will be safe but the ants didn't like that idea until group think convinced then that they were sheep. Then they hunkered down and tried to be safe while their leaders gave away everything to their cronies and tipped the balance of Nature so much that everything crashed down.

And the grasshopper, he was always around just spacing out and not doing much else.