did man have kingship over dinosaurs
yes 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
no 94%  94%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 16

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2008, 3:45 pm

what do you think? i have a feeling alot of people think man walked with dinosaurs and while i admit it does sound goofy, i'll give them that. but the question "did man have dominion over dinosaurs" is highly porpostrious. could you imagine a man telling a meat eating dinosaur what to do? :lol:

obviously im voting no

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 3:47 pm

:lmao:

- Emerson

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2008, 3:51 pm

the thread calls for photoshops of men telling t-rex to get his newspaper and slippers for him without being eaten :D

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:06 pm

The dragons spoken of in old fairytales were the last of the dinosaurs. We slayed them all off just as we did the Dodo birds.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2008, 4:09 pm

Syd wrote:
Dodo birds.
im glad you broguht that up, on one season of i love new york they went to the miami zoo and brought out a bird that was a direct decendent of a velcoraptor. of course new york was freaking out and if i was there i would have protected her from the evil beast

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:16 pm

Syd wrote:
The dragons spoken of in old fairytales were the last of the dinosaurs. We slayed them all off just as we did the Dodo birds.

I always thought the dragons were moniyor lizards. Knights traveled to far-off lands, saw these strange creatures and slayed them. By he time they returned home the creatures had grown, in story and song, until they were huge and could fly and breath fire.

- Emerson

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:27 pm

People might have also found dinosaur bones and falsely believed them to be dragons...

(It's what could explain dragons being incorporated into many cultures in different parts of the world. :shrug:)

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:33 pm

Oh, I thought we were joking here.

I agree that the more unusual creatures roaming Earth in the past likely inspired the "monsters" of ancient folklore. There were giant ground sloths (20 ft. tall when standing) living in what is now southern California. Just to be clear, I support the current theory that dinosaurs died out following the major meteorite impact event which occurred in the Yucatan Peninsula region.

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2008, 4:36 pm

Well, dinosaurs never co-existed with primates since the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago and the primates arrived 5-7 million years ago or something like that. Though if you believe Internet fads, I guess Chuck Norris could roundhouse them into submission.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2008, 4:59 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
Well, dinosaurs never co-existed with primates since the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago and the primates arrived 5-7 million years ago or something like that. Though if you believe Internet fads, I guess Chuck Norris could roundhouse them into submission.
:lol:

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 6:04 pm

Fred Flintstone had a pet dinosaur named Dino

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 6:17 pm

Purple dinosuars.
Coincidence? I think not.

- Emerson

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 7:13 pm

MrMark wrote:
Purple dinosuars.
Coincidence? I think not.

Oh great, now I've got the theme song stuck in my head. :wall: Doesn't that belong in the purple thread? ;)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 7:16 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
Oh great, now I've got the theme song stuck in my head. :wall: Doesn't that belong in the purple thread? ;)

Just be glad it's not "The song that never ends..." because it just goes on and on my friends. : P

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 7:18 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

Just be glad it's not "The song that never ends..." because it just goes on and on my friends. : P

Luckily for me I've never heard that song, nor do I want to :P

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 7:47 pm

I heard a 10-year-old sing it. When someone at work sang, "This is the job that never ends...," I said, "I heard my 10-year-old neighbor sing that," and somebody said, "Only 10-year-olds should sing that song."

- Emerson