Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2008, 11:40 am

...on her successes last night in the states of Ohio, Texas, and Rhode Island.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Mar 2008, 12:46 pm

did she win the nomination? :(

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2008, 12:52 pm

Not yet. I guess it'll go to the convention...

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 3:26 pm

Boo!

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 5:42 pm

We're doomed.

As usual, the Clintons are willing to advance themselves at the expense of their own. They're the vermin that infest the underbelly of American politics. I find them vile.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 5:45 pm

Griff wrote:
We're doomed.

As usual, the Clintons are willing to advance themselves at the expense of their own. They're the vermin that infest the underbelly of American politics. I find them vile.

I guess your opinions aren't all bad. I would agree with you here.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 6:12 pm

If Hillary gets nominated, I'll probably vote for Nader.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 7:31 pm

Cyanide wrote:

Me, too! I wish that I could find an anti-Hillary activist group that wasn't headed by Limbaugh-Hannity nutjob types.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:40 pm

Griff wrote:
We're doomed.

I respectfully disagree. The way I look at it is like this: While Bill Clinton was president, I was doing very well financially. Since Bush took over, I've been in two corporate down-sizes and taken several pay cuts. Now my graphics job is headed overseas, along with 300,000 other tech jobs just like it. My husband is having a hard time as well in the job market. We went from a decent income (upper middle class) to lower middle class during Bush's term. We lost our home. To me, the Clintons represent hope for the future because they did it so well in the past.

I hope Hillary wins. I would feel better with her in the White House, more so than anyone else they've got running right now. McCain will keep the war going and Obama hasn't been in Washington long enough to develop any contacts. Sure, he preaches 'Change,' but once he gets to Washington, he'll be stonewalled and become another Jimmy Carter. For those of you not old enough to remember Carter, he was a very nice man who made lots of promises for change, but once he became president, he did absolutely nothing. Let Obama stay in the Senate for a few more years, get some time under his belt developing contacts. Once he does that, I'll happily vote for him. For now...

Go Hillary.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 10:48 pm

Cyanide wrote:

I don't see why Nader and Ron Paul don't pair up on an independent ticket. Together they might get 3% of the popular vote. Oh, wait... Nader already picked some guy no one's ever heard of. Oh, well. Nader's a good guy, too, but he doesn't have enough backing to become president. He might surprise me, though, one never knows.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 9:27 am

That was probably about the worst thing that could happen to the Democratic Party. Now the division continues and intensifies, more resources are wasted on a longer campaign, and when Hillary starts mudslinging and Obama responds in kind, they'll dig up plenty of easy ammo against them for the general election. By the way, Hillary's victory here in my home state was largely due to Republicans who wanted to see this happen. Huge numbers of Republicans in my area went party-raiding, as per Rush Limbaugh's instructions.

JohnnyCarcinogen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 2:41 pm

Cyanide wrote:

Why not Ron Paul? After all, he has more money and has campaigned longer. Either way, your vote won't mean jack. :wink:

fabshelly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2008, 3:02 pm

Actually, it will. Just like every vote for Nader helped Bush in 2000, every vote for Nader this year is a vote to help McCain.

sojournertruth
Toucan
Toucan

07 Mar 2008, 4:59 pm

Obama still has the lead in pledged delegates.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 5:03 pm

sojournertruth wrote:
Obama still has the lead in pledged delegates.

That doesn't matter. He won't get enough pledged delegates to win the nomination, so it will either come down to superdelegates or it will be decided by back-room politicking within the Democratic Party.

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2008, 5:12 pm

Orwell wrote:
By the way, Hillary's victory here in my home state was largely due to Republicans who wanted to see this happen. Huge numbers of Republicans in my area went party-raiding, as per Rush Limbaugh's instructions.

Exit polls showed that both Obama and Hillary got roughly an equal amount of any Republican votes -- 49% of Repub votes for both.

This makes me think of the claim made by Obama fanatics: if Republicans vote for Obama, it indicates that he's "uniting the parties". :roll:
I am seriously thinking that the Obama fanatics are truly brainwashed.