1948, Israel and the Palestinians: The True Story

Page 6 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 6:23 pm

Ragtime wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
so then give me a legit reason for the creation and maintaining the state of israel.

To prevent this from happening again.

You asked for one reason.
There are over 6 million.

how does creating enmity with an entire region by taking their land and taking their holy lands from them...well..how does all that prevent a genocide? it seems if anything, it's a direct attack that puts the focus on the religion and race of the people involved.

if you want them safe, have all the israelis come here...we love jews here. at least, i do. mel gibson doesn't...but he also made garbage like the passion of the christ so eff him.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 6:54 pm

Would you rather have your own house or be an unwelcomed guest in someone else's subject to their laws and rules. Canaan was given to them; it was theirs and it is theirs again.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:20 pm

skafather84 wrote:

how does creating enmity with an entire region by taking their land and taking their holy lands from them...well..how does all that prevent a genocide? it seems if anything, it's a direct attack that puts the focus on the religion and race of the people involved.

if you want them safe, have all the israelis come here...we love jews here. at least, i do. mel gibson doesn't...but he also made garbage like the passion of the christ so eff him.

Are you implying that it isn't Jewish holy land? When Umar entered Jerusalem, he recognized that the Jews (and Christians) too had claim to the Holy Land and called the Temple of Solomon Solomon's Masjid. it is not a direct attack against the religion, if it was the Jews would have destroyed al-masjid al-aqsa.

You are naive to believe 7 million jews will be allowed to live in America as one big happy family, with happy smiles from all citizens. If you loved the Jews, you'd understand why a homeland for them is necessary.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:41 pm

oscuria wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Are you implying that it isn't Jewish holy land? When Umar entered Jerusalem, he recognized that the Jews (and Christians) too had claim to the Holy Land and called the Temple of Solomon Solomon's Masjid. it is not a direct attack against the religion, if it was the Jews would have destroyed al-masjid al-aqsa.

You are naive to believe 7 million jews will be allowed to live in America as one big happy family, with happy smiles from all citizens. If you loved the Jews, you'd understand why a homeland for them is necessary.

i'm recognizing the last 500 years of existence because they matter more than the bible within a historical context.

i fully recognize that judaism has their holy lands based in the same area. it still doesn't change that the ownership of the area for the past few hundred years had been muslim and had been, in some form, palestine. and the jews that lived there pre-zionism lived there peacefully co-existing with palestinian muslims.

you act like as if the jews are hated around the world...do you have a problem with the jews? you keep on insisting they can't exist peacefully anywhere but in their own land...why are you so intent on segregating the jewish population away from the rest of the world?

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:50 pm

skafather84 wrote:

i'm recognizing the last 500 years of existence because they matter more than the bible within a historical context.

i fully recognize that judaism has their holy lands based in the same area. it still doesn't change that the ownership of the area for the past few hundred years had been muslim and had been, in some form, palestine. and the jews that lived there pre-zionism lived there peacefully co-existing with palestinian muslims.

you act like as if the jews are hated around the world...do you have a problem with the jews? you keep on insisting they can't exist peacefully anywhere but in their own land...why are you so intent on segregating the jewish population away from the rest of the world?

What is your definition of Peaceful? I don't look at that region as peaceful. Consider the fact that Jews used to live in the Hijaz, where are they now? Certainly if it was peaceful they would have still been there.

Why? Because they belong together so they can worship together. A family is not meant to be separated like lost friends. It is a family, and as a family deserve to be united. Their home is Israel. Entre las Guertas as the Sefardim say.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 10:39 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Would you rather have your own house or be an unwelcomed guest in someone else's subject to their laws and rules. Canaan was given to them; it was theirs and it is theirs again.

Amen.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 10:41 am

oscuria wrote:
If you loved the Jews, you'd understand why a homeland for them is necessary.

QFT!

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 10:42 am

Here's an interesting article to re-brighten this thread:

"Why Israel is the World's Happiest Country"

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 11:22 am

Here's another uplifting piece I just now happened across, by Alan Dershowitz:

"Israel at 60"

ed
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:06 pm

This entire mess was caused by the UN members who voted to take land from the Palestinians and give it to the Jews. All the Arab nations opposed the resolution, but the outside world forced it on them. We created the problem. There is no solution.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:18 pm

ed wrote:
This entire mess was caused by the UN members who voted to take land from the Palestinians and give it to the Jews. All the Arab nations opposed the resolution, but the outside world forced it on them. We created the problem. There is no solution.

So, in other words, it was voted on, and it went through.

I'm trying to find your lament in that simple procedure normality, but sorry, Israel needed refuge, as proved by
HALF OF THEM BEING MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD IN THE HOLOCAUST!! !! !!

Yes, it is such a "mess" that Israel got a place of refuge a decade after the Holocaust.
Such thinking could easily conclude that it was also a "mess" that the Hitler and his Holocaust were stopped!

That's just pure evil, and you're making me physically ill, sir.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:54 pm

how can something that occured good 15+/- years before the holocaust be attributed to the holocaust?

israel being formed into a state was decided and announced in 1917 with the balfour declaration of 1917. the earliest nazi concentration camps weren't around until around the time of the reichstag fire in 1933.

quit messing up history to fit into your narrow world view.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 12:58 pm

Ragtime wrote:
So, in other words, it was voted on, and it went through.

I'm trying to find your lament in that simple procedure normality, but sorry, Israel needed refuge, as proved by
HALF OF THEM BEING MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD IN THE HOLOCAUST!! !! !!

No, Israel didn't need refuge, a lot of European Jewish refugees needed refuge. None of our American/European holier-than-thou countries were willing to accept them into their countries, so they voted (against the wishes of all of the countries in the area) to put them into the Biblical Holy Lands; that was what they wanted, and it certainly solved that problem. Unfortunately, that land was already taken. No country or international organization has the moral authority to take away their land. By disregarding this simple fact, they created a horrible problem.

Ragtime wrote:
That's just pure evil, and you're making me physically ill, sir.

Whadya want from me, I was only 3 at the time. :) If I had been older I would have spoken out against it. Then as now, no one would have listened, though.

The warring factions are going to have to fix this mess themselves. I fear there is going to be a lot more killing before they do. There is nothing I can do to stop it. No nation or world organization can impose any solution, either.

If that makes me purely evil, then so be it.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 1:20 pm

ed wrote:
No, Israel didn't need refuge, a lot of European Jewish refugees needed refuge. None of our American/European holier-than-thou countries were willing to accept them into their countries, so they voted (against the wishes of all of the countries in the area) to put them into the Biblical Holy Lands; that was what they wanted, and it certainly solved that problem. Unfortunately, that land was already taken. No country or international organization has the moral authority to take away their land. By disregarding this simple fact, they created a horrible problem.

that's a moot argument. the land was in control of france and the UK at the time due to the ottoman empire losing world war I. they lost control of the land when they lost the war.

however, that doesn't change that the UK most certainly did not act responsibly with the large responsibility given to them. most likely the racism that caused many of the early zionists to become zionists was also the impetus behind the UK creating the state of israel. sadly, the early zionists weren't in line with theodor hertzl...they just wanted to not be hated, not reclaim the holy land. the people in power who orchestrated the even were jewish supremacists, though and wanted a purely jewish state hence israel and the "right of return" garbage.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:03 pm

A Philistine Declaration topic

And how are the Palestinians going to get back "their" land, Ed? Especially if no country has the moral right to take away Israel's land?

Maybe the Arab nations still hostile to Israel should try something really stupid and foolish. Maybe the UN should vote to give back the Palestinians "their" land. Maybe the British can get it back?

You advocate the continued use of bigotry and war as the only way to "solve" this issue. And when the Palestinians get "their" land back, everything will just be peachy keen. The only bona fide democracy in the Middle East gone.

Israel unfortunately, has become a kind of buffer zone between terrorism and democracy. If it is gone, just who will be the next victims, after another six million or more are wiped out?

Be careful what you wish for, Ed.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ed
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 2:08 pm

sartresue wrote:
A Philistine Declaration topic

And how are the Palestinians going to get back "their" land, Ed? Especially if no country has the moral right to take away Israel's land?

Maybe the Arab nations still hostile to Israel should try something really stupid and foolish. Maybe the UN should vote to give back the Palestinians "their" land. Maybe the British can get it back?

You advocate the continued use of bigotry and war as the only way to "solve" this issue. And when the Palestinians get "their" land back, everything will just be peachy keen. The only bona fide democracy in the Middle East gone.

Israel unfortunately, has become a kind of buffer zone between terrorism and democracy. If it is gone, just who will be the next victims, after another six million or more are wiped out?

Be careful what you wish for, Ed.

ed wrote:
We created the problem. There is no solution.