Religious people and thei gods have no standard for truth...

Page 5 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
greenblue wrote:
"What is Truth?" - Pontius Pilate.

Truth goes by a lot of names; God, Buddha, Allah, Divine Mother, Great Spirit, Krishna, The Tao.

Truth has no mercy.

Truth is a commodity, bought and sold in boardrooms and back alleys for a kiss and thirty pieces of silver.

Truth is a mortally wounded soldier all alone on a rainy battlefield at night.

Truth is a stillborn baby.

Truth is all around us.

Truth is all that's left when you stop believing in everything.

Truth is beauty.

Truth is behind everything.

Truth is bigger than, and fully encompasses, everything else.

Truth is choice.

Truth is conceptualized sensory input.

Truth is consistent in all reference frames.

Truth is everything that fantasy is not.

Truth is generated in the mind of the audience.

Truth is going to save people's lives after they’ve received proper training.

Truth is happening right here, right now, in this moment.

Truth is happening to everyday people right now.

Truth is happening.

Truth is in understanding the whole idea.

Truth is independent of our awareness of it.

Truth is not acknowledged in current theories of Truth.

Truth is not just for breakfast any more.

Truth is only the important stuff.

Truth is out there.

Truth is pre-determined.

Truth is real.

Truth is required to bag a whitetail deer.

Truth is the final exam that nobody prepared for.

Truth is the residue left after consciousness goes.

Truth is under our skin.

Truth is what brings down a house of lies.

Truth is what exists beyond the scope of our ability to discover it.

Truth is what it is.

Truth is what lies underneath our perceptions.

Truth is what we're having for dinner.

Truth is whatever is real to me.

Truth is whatever kills you first.

Truth is what's agreed upon.

Truth is what's getting all the ratings.

Truth is what's left to us after all of our failures to find it.

Truth is what's really behind the suggestion.

Truth is what's really happening.

Truth is what's really real.

Bravo! :mrgreen:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 3:13 pm

snake321 wrote:
Most people can't handle the truth, so instead of seeking truth they seek something that is comfortable to them, familiar to them. In fact, if theyr confronted with truth that isn't comfortable to them, they go into a state of denial. And still think their opinion amounts to a hill of beans..... Conformity preaches childishness in order to cling to someone else's irrational opinions, which are official for a whole group of people... Someone on here said truth is all that's left when you stop believing in everything.... Well said, if "everything" is establishments, consensus views from any particular group, etc.. But I wouldn't take that to some postmodern extreme "nothing is real".. Truth can not be measured by mass appeal, it does not care how you feel about it, how I feel about it, or how anyone feels about it. It is what it is. But, we're all subject to the facts rather we like it or not..... Truth isn't popular, it isn't comfortable, and yes you will have to work on yourself and check your ego as much as you may dread doing that, everyone does who seeks (I've been wrong several times in my search but willingness to admit that has actually HELPED me), if you can't deal with that, you'll just have to bury your head in the sand and deal with the consequences of your ignorance when they arrive.

Here is a link to someone whom I can tell you from my own experiences looking for truth, is himself looking for truth.... Enter if you have the guts, and the heart:

http://cuttingthroughthematrix.com/

You really follow along with the writing of Alan Moore, don't you? If Alan Moore said the moon was made of cheese, would you even pause to question the statement? You're not that special, just another "rugged individualist."

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 9:34 pm

snake321 wrote:

oh! Kick Boxing! I like Kick Boxing!
:D

Merle

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 1:20 am

slowmutant wrote:
snake321 wrote:
Most people can't handle the truth, so instead of seeking truth they seek something that is comfortable to them, familiar to them. In fact, if theyr confronted with truth that isn't comfortable to them, they go into a state of denial. And still think their opinion amounts to a hill of beans..... Conformity preaches childishness in order to cling to someone else's irrational opinions, which are official for a whole group of people... Someone on here said truth is all that's left when you stop believing in everything.... Well said, if "everything" is establishments, consensus views from any particular group, etc.. But I wouldn't take that to some postmodern extreme "nothing is real".. Truth can not be measured by mass appeal, it does not care how you feel about it, how I feel about it, or how anyone feels about it. It is what it is. But, we're all subject to the facts rather we like it or not..... Truth isn't popular, it isn't comfortable, and yes you will have to work on yourself and check your ego as much as you may dread doing that, everyone does who seeks (I've been wrong several times in my search but willingness to admit that has actually HELPED me), if you can't deal with that, you'll just have to bury your head in the sand and deal with the consequences of your ignorance when they arrive.

Here is a link to someone whom I can tell you from my own experiences looking for truth, is himself looking for truth.... Enter if you have the guts, and the heart:

You really follow along with the writing of Alan Moore, don't you? If Alan Moore said the moon was made of cheese, would you even pause to question the statement? You're not that special, just another "rugged individualist."

Who the f**k is Alan Moore? Alan Watt does that radio show. And no, I don't make any hero worship out of him, I just know how to look for truth.... It's the "individual" part of me that pisses in your corn flakes the most, isn't it?

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 3:37 am

slowmutant wrote:
snake321 wrote:

You're not that special, just another "rugged individualist."

I find it sad how, when your views are questioned, you result to the same cold hearted tactics that should put any moralistic man to shame.. if christianity was truly of substance, then you should find your peace with it.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 8:52 am

ShawnWilliam wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
snake321 wrote:

You're not that special, just another "rugged individualist."

I find it sad how, when your views are questioned, you result to the same cold hearted tactics that should put any moralistic man to shame.. if christianity was truly of substance, then you should find your peace with it.

Christianity is for sinners, ShawnWilliam, that is what I have learned from Christians.

Merle

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:19 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Christianity is for sinners, ShawnWilliam, that is what I have learned from Christians.

I am not a sinner, therefore I am not a Christian :P

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:22 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Don't think; just believe.

Don't think, just believe (blindly) what I say. If all people would be like that... :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 4:54 pm

greenblue wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Don't think, just believe (blindly) what I say. If all people would be like that... :P

The mantra of Religionists and Conspiracy Theorists everywhere.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 5:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
greenblue wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

The mantra of Religionists and Conspiracy Theorists everywhere.

and others who may claim absolute truth, when their truth may be biased and questionable depending on which context, interpretation, circumstance and motive as well as manipulation the claim stated and defended may be.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 5:14 pm

greenblue wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Are you saying you have never sinned? We all sin, every day of our lives.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 7:35 pm

slowmutant wrote:
greenblue wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Are you saying you have never sinned? We all sin, every day of our lives.

gloom and doom. . .raise the clacking bell, gloom and doom, bring out your dead. . .
all I hear from you is what will happen if I don't believe like you do, don't you have any joy in your belief?
I like a joyful religion!
Merle

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 7:56 pm

hate to say it but it's true... the dark side of christianity is quite alarming.. in fact the dark side of christianity is deathly sick..

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 8:31 pm

Christianity's light side is what defines it, really. The good news, the forgiveness of sins, the life everlasting, that kind of thing.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 8:51 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Christianity's light side is what defines it, really. The good news, the forgiveness of sins, the life everlasting, that kind of thing.

I think you raise a good point. When I weigh the validity of atheism I bring up great thinkers who best represent that viewpoint as opposed to every single obnoxious internet satanist, so I think that I (and like-minded individuals) should afford Christianity the same respect.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2008, 9:53 pm

Yeah... I've been so back and forth lately.. with religion, and aliens.. sometimes I can't help myself.. apologies SlowMutant