Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 1:20 am

Around 10:35 pm, Feb 3, we heard and felt a huge explosion. We used to hear stuff from Picatinny Arsenal, which is about two miles north and north-west of us. But this was louder than I remember.
It was big enough to get all the neighbors outside talking, in spite of the snow flurries. And this ain't that kind of neighborhood. I don't even remember half of their names.

On the 11:00 news, NBC (New York) and "News 12 New Jersey" said it was a 3.0 magnitude earthquake. (About ten miles east of us is the tiny Ramapo fault line, running mostly north to south.)

I don't think so.

I've never felt a major earthquake, but I would expect a long, rumbling thing. This was a quick, sharp explosion, followed by a short rumbling. I couldn't tell the direction, but my daughter said it sounded like a truck slammed into the north side of the house.

On the news, they named the towns Kenville & Roxbury, which are south and south-west of us, and Morris Plains is south-east (close to the Ramapo). They said no one reported any damage. No dishes falling off shelves, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I don't buy it.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:34 am

Tahitiii wrote:
Around 10:35 pm, Feb 3, we heard and felt a huge explosion. We used to hear stuff from Picatinny Arsenal, which is about two miles north and north-west of us. But this was louder than I remember.
It was big enough to get all the neighbors outside talking, in spite of the snow flurries. And this ain't that kind of neighborhood. I don't even remember half of their names.

On the 11:00 news, NBC (New York) and "News 12 New Jersey" said it was a 3.0 magnitude earthquake. (About ten miles east of us is the tiny Ramapo fault line, running mostly north to south.)

I don't think so.

I've never felt a major earthquake, but I would expect a long, rumbling thing. This was a quick, sharp explosion, followed by a short rumbling. I couldn't tell the direction, but my daughter said it sounded like a truck slammed into the north side of the house.

On the news, they named the towns Kenville & Roxbury, which are south and south-west of us, and Morris Plains is south-east (close to the Ramapo). They said no one reported any damage. No dishes falling off shelves, etc.

That's pretty much exactly like what the smaller earthquakes feel like (I've experienced about 3-4 like that in Wyoming & Oregon).

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 1:38 pm

Tahitiii wrote:

I don't think so.

It's the NWO! :lol:

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 1:48 pm

No no. Picatinny Arsenal isn't the NWO it's the military industrial complex.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 1:52 pm

twoshots wrote:
No no. Picatinny Arsenal isn't the NWO it's the military industrial complex.

Some kind of nefarious earthquake machine, then?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:00 pm

NWO // military industrial complex // nanites...
Same difference.

My tin foil hat is getting a little ragged.
Do you suppose I could patch it, or do I need a new one?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:03 pm

No! It's a trap!

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:15 pm

Actually, the tinfoil hats make it easier for the aliens to read your mind.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 2:21 pm

That's aluminum. I keep telling people.
Aluminum bad. Tin good.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:34 pm

slowmutant wrote:

The only possible explanation.

And, as I've long advocated, the best anti-mindreading hats are composed of an alloy of tellurium and antimony.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:43 pm

TANGENT

Quote:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Am I the only one who thinks this would make an amazing bumpersticker? Good satire methinks.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:48 pm

twoshots wrote:
TANGENT
Quote:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Am I the only one who thinks this would make an amazing bumpersticker? Good satire methinks.

It already is a bumper sticker.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:53 pm

Tahitiii wrote:

This type of quake happens every few months out here in California. A sharp jolt or two, followed by a quickly diminishing rumble. Nothing suspicious about it. Most of us simply ask, "Didja feel that one?", nod our heads, shrug our shoulders, and then go on about our business.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:55 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
That's aluminum. I keep telling people.
Aluminum bad. Tin good.

"Tinfoil" isn't actually made out of tin. I realize this.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 7:10 pm

Orwell wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

The only possible explanation.

And, as I've long advocated, the best anti-mindreading hats are composed of an alloy of tellurium and antimony.

No a tin-foil-head:

http://eclectech.co.uk/mindcontrol.php

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 1:27 pm

It's only 1:20 pm, and that's three times today I've heard that little "boom" that I've always assumed was from Picattiny. We've been here so long, I haven't noticed it in ages.

Maybe I need a tin blanket. Soft & warm on one side, with a sheet of tin on the other, like a space blanket.