Total votes : 111

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 11:58 am

slowmutant wrote:
Quote:
Homophobia isn't a fear of the act, it's discrimination against people

No, in my case it's not discrimination against people but an utter disdain for the act of sodomy itself. How can I make that more clear? A person is not a sex act. I don't believe you can reduce a person down to his or her favoured mode of intercourse. You are more than your preferred method of sex, aren't you flutter? I know I am.

sodomy isn't strictly a homosexual activity..... hell, look up pegging for a real surprise.

Not wanting to use your anus in a sexual act isn't a valid reason to call yourself a homophobe, or to speak against non-heteronormative folk.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:54 pm

[quote="flutter"]SM = You're either not reading dent's post, or you're deliberately playing the foil.

Dent is hetero, he's pointing out that not all gay people have anal sex, myself included. Haemorrhoids are a b***h.
/quote]

Thanks flutter,

SM read the POSTS. Homosexuality does NOT require Anal Sex. You are really starting to get annoying.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2008, 4:04 am

In France, a new form of union, the PACS, (stands for Civil Pact for Solidarity), with that Pact, two people of the same gender can get a legislative representation. :)
You have all economic and succession advantages with that one. Nevertheless, it has not all the characteristics of the marriage.
So French homos are claiming the rights of marriage, which Sarkozy, the actual conservative president, won't accept.

AWPerative
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2008, 6:27 am

I honestly had no clue about what to think about homosexuals before I actually formed interpersonal relationships with them.

They're normal human beings just like us, but they happen to be attracted to the same sex. I mean, haven't we learned from the civil rights movement to treat each other equally? I support gay marriage.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:09 am

flutter wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Quote:
Homophobia isn't a fear of the act, it's discrimination against people

No, in my case it's not discrimination against people but an utter disdain for the act of sodomy itself. How can I make that more clear? A person is not a sex act. I don't believe you can reduce a person down to his or her favoured mode of intercourse. You are more than your preferred method of sex, aren't you flutter? I know I am.

sodomy isn't strictly a homosexual activity..... hell, look up pegging for a real surprise.

Not wanting to use your anus in a sexual act isn't a valid reason to call yourself a homophobe, or to speak against non-heteronormative folk.

Flutter, you're really getting on my nerves now. Go peg yourself.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:12 am

it not a gay practice though
lots of straight people do it too

silent_monad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2008, 9:14 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
I personally think that if we heteros are dumb enough to enslave ourselves with one person for the rest of our lives, homos should have the right to make the same dumb choice. I believe an equally consenting relationship between adults is just that. I've known gay and lesbian couples and they truly do love and care about each other. Do you think that homosexuals should be allowed to get married??

God must be protecting me from folly, because I can't find a man who would want to marry me.

I am reminded of this poem by Sappho:

The Moon is down,
The Pleiades. Midnight,
The hours flow on,
I lie, alone.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:19 am

Kilroy wrote:
it not a gay practice though
lots of straight people do it too

I don't care. What you'rew doing now is called Belabouring the Point.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:20 am

the point here is your a selfish bigot who cares about nothing but his own beliefs

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:22 am

Kilroy wrote:
the point here is your a selfish bigot who cares about nothing but his own beliefs

You can go peg yourself too.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:24 am

ohhh I am so hurt :lol:

its people like you, that give this place a bad name-you go around, spewing your bigot s**t
no one wants your crappy religion
you'd think by all the flaming and anti christian threads you'd get the point by now
but you don't and you keep arguing with people, like me-who want simple rights to marry
and I am the jerk here?
for wanting to marry
you keep believing it, as*hole

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:26 am

Anyways moving on from anal sex. Why do you think black people refuse to acknowledge that homosexual are struggling for their rights just like they did during the civil rights movement? Why can't they see that bigotry no matter what form it takes is a horrid vile disease that robs you of your beauty and leaves you a hideous vile beast that no one wants to be around. I mean isn't denying the rights of people something like the KKK would do??? So why would anyone in the right mind do something the KKK would do???

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 10:25 am

Kilroy wrote:
ohhh I am so hurt :lol:

its people like you, that give this place a bad name-you go around, spewing your bigot sh**
no one wants your crappy religion
you'd think by all the flaming and anti christian threads you'd get the point by now
but you don't and you keep arguing with people, like me-who want simple rights to marry
and I am the jerk here?
for wanting to marry
you keep believing it, as*hole

I started out on this thrad by offering my support to gays and of their right to marry. I should remind you of that before this gets any uglier. Look for my earlier post.

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 12:10 pm

KIlroy - let's not bash SM, at least in this thread - He supports gay marriage, even if his idea of what is part of a gay relationship is somewhat inaccurate. ;)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 6:35 am

How the bloody hell would I know what goes on in a gay relationship?

I'm comfortable with my current level of ignorance.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 5:50 pm

slowmutant wrote:
How the bloody hell would I know what goes on in a gay relationship?

I'm comfortable with my current level of ignorance.

:wall: for f***s sake SM if you don't want to understand stop bashing on the same topic when you have been told so many times that you have got it wrong.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx