Simplifying Christianity and its Inverse(Satanism)

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 4:35 pm

Christianity: WE not 'me'!
Satanism: ME not 'we'!

Christianity: You were born to SERVE
Satanism: You were born to RULE

:mrgreen:

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 4:47 pm

You're just jealous because Satan is more popular than God. :wink:

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2009, 4:48 pm

Satan is the Father of lies.
You won't rule he'll just drag you down into the fires of Hell to burn forever.

Choose Jesus the Truth among the lies
If you do you won't just serve you will reign with God.

http://www.jesus2020.com/jesus.html

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Last edited by Shadowgirl on 26 Mar 2009, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 4:50 pm

Christianity: The wages of sin is Death!
Satanism: The wages of sin are Tax-Free!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 7:03 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:

I wonder why an omnipotent God would allow another being to actively subvert His domain. At least Dante had the good sense to portray Satan as frozen with little to occupy his time but chewing on Judas. Mmmmm...

And we've all read Job. The LORD is practically complicit in this whole business. I say we charge them as a colluding cartel.

zerooftheday
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2009, 7:34 pm

I've always viewed Laveyan Satanism as a knee-jerk reaction to Christianity, created specifically to counter it. It's never seemed to be its own religion. It was created out of bits and pieces of several different philosophies, with some wiccan (and other?) magick thrown in.

If you really want to oppose Christianity, it would make more sense to go with a neopagan religion or one of the other main religions. Simply choosing a mirror image seems counter-cultureish, not something intelligent. Never promote something defined as not-what-I-don't liket, it just never works. Instead, promote something that has merit on its own.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 7:40 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:

http://www.jesus2020.com/jesus.html

Please provide evidence of your claims, Ms. J.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 26 Mar 2009, 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zerooftheday
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2009, 7:48 pm

Eww, "eternal security." If you're in, you're in. If you're not, you never were in the first place. What a pathetically narrow-minded concept.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 7:59 pm

Christianity: "Suffer the children to come to me..."
Satanism: "Let the children suffer."

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 8:48 pm

I've always thought that the difference between the two was that with Christianity you get a suckier life and a better afterlife, whereas as a Satanist you get a better life and a suckier afterlife.

Assuming only selfish motives, Christianity seems better, but the thing is that Christianity cannot guarantee its good side. Satanism can guarantee the good side, but the bad side isn't certain.

Suddenly, Satanism seems more appealing.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 8:53 pm

"satanists" piss me off even more than christians. some stupid symbolist "occultist" wannabe-cult

"im a satanist, but i dont believe in satan per se, mind you. i am just VERY egocentrical. thats my faith."

what a ret*d. and i guess dimmu borgir just happens to come with the faith? most of these guys grow up, but its really pathetic when they dont.

i know adult people who are "thelemists". yes. they wear robes, wave wands, and perform rituals. yes, WANDS. ROBES and WANDS.
like in HARRY POTTER.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 10:27 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
i know adult people who are "thelemists". yes. they wear robes, wave wands, and perform rituals. yes, WANDS. ROBES and WANDS.
like in HARRY POTTER.

If only the spells actually worked :lol:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 11:26 pm

DrizzleMan wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
like in HARRY POTTER.

If only the spells actually worked :lol:

the enfuriating part is that, if you ask them, it works

"yeah cuz i got a computer analyst job, didnt i?" :roll:

i demand spells to actually interfere directly with the very fabric of existence. only then will they impress me :D

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 2:20 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
"satanists" piss me off even more than christians. some stupid symbolist "occultist" wannabe-cult

"im a satanist, but i dont believe in satan per se, mind you. i am just VERY egocentrical. thats my faith."

what a ret*d. and i guess dimmu borgir just happens to come with the faith? most of these guys grow up, but its really pathetic when they dont.

like in HARRY POTTER.

Yes, I wonder if some people try to come up with the most ridiculous and controversial belief system (im)possible sometimes.

Most grow out of it, but some don't. :?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 2:58 am

It's used as a scare tactic just as any society that wants control over its people.

Gee I hope I don't burn in the flames of Dante's Inferno for all eternity..... :skull:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 4:25 am

The denial of Christianity is NOT the worship of the Devil. To worship the Devil one must believe the Devil exists. There are denials of Christianity with no such believe. It is not Either-Or. Simple minded Christian fanatics believe he who is not with us must be against us. Not so. Most of the world ignores Christianity without being -against- Christianity. How can one be against Christianity if one does not even think about Christianity. If it were not for Christian fanaticism which picked up the sword and imposed itself on the world, we would not even be talking about it.

Christianity is a very silly childish religion, as religions go. And organized religion of any flavor or type is curse and a bane upon mankind. If I believed in the Devil (I don't) I would believe that Satan invented organized religion as a perversion of natural religion which is the personal quest to reconcile one's own being with that of the Cosmos.

ruveyn