Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 11:50 pm

mmstick wrote:
Apatura wrote:
I think he has changed the world for African Americans... he's broken the barrier and I bet we will have more black presidential candidates, both Conservative and Liberal, in the future.

But as far as his changing the WORLD... probably not, unless there is another 9/11 type event and we enter into further wars (god forbid).

Where did you slip in? He hasn't broken any imaginary African American barriers.
Besides. He isn't even an African American.
He is 50% white, 50% black.
Claiming he is African American is forgetting that that's only half his story.

Besides its just an imaginary barrier. Only lesser intelligent species consider it reality.

So far Obama has made only slight concessions to the desire for massive change from the oppressive and illegal policies of the Bush administration but the bogus claim he is not African American should be stopped right here. No black person has ever found sanctuary from the oppression of blacks in traditional American culture by indicating he has some white ancestry. That is a foolish, prejudiced and totally invalid claim. It is highly reprehensible.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2009, 12:06 am

He's just another talking head, who happens to be well versed in NLP

He'll do exactly as he's told and as soon as he doesn't he'll get rubbed out like JFK did for starting to rebel.

The fast paced erosion of civil liberty and increase in multi spectrum surveillance - not just in the states should not be viewed as mutually exclusive imo

Siphoning off non existent trillions into unknown pockets doesn't really bode well.

Obama has been delineated as a symbol for unqualified optimism - it just requires the supporter to project their own hopes onto him for reflection and the spell is a done deal.

Change the world? Big changes are now being implemented to shift the paradigm anyhow irrespective of whether Obama was in office or not. As said, he's a talking head - funny how they all have intersecting ancestries, the people you get up on the hill.

Nice war he's helping to build up too. No sleep till Kabul ..or Grozny.

People should be more concerned about the intricacies of the GIVE act, that he doesn't call the FED to account for point blank refusing any degree of transparency imo

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Apr 2009, 1:12 am

Sand wrote:
mmstick wrote:
Apatura wrote:
I think he has changed the world for African Americans... he's broken the barrier and I bet we will have more black presidential candidates, both Conservative and Liberal, in the future.

But as far as his changing the WORLD... probably not, unless there is another 9/11 type event and we enter into further wars (god forbid).

Where did you slip in? He hasn't broken any imaginary African American barriers.

Besides its just an imaginary barrier. Only lesser intelligent species consider it reality.

So far Obama has made only slight concessions to the desire for massive change from the oppressive and illegal policies of the Bush administration but the bogus claim he is not African American should be stopped right here. No black person has ever found sanctuary from the oppression of blacks in traditional American culture by indicating he has some white ancestry. That is a foolish, prejudiced and totally invalid claim. It is highly reprehensible.

Did you say that Obama is not half white? If that is what you said then it is a verifiable fact that he is half white. He isn't black. He isn't white. He is a mix. Because he considers himself to be black, goes out of his way to be considered black by others, he goes to a church that is exclusively black, and is a Democrat candidate pandering to black voters on the basis that he's "one of them".
Kinda silly, if you ask me. He, and everyone else, should focus on his qualifications (or the glaring lack of them), not his skin color.
Racial difference is irrelevant. You, my good sir, are irrelevant.
You wreak of prejudice in every post. The entire forum wreaks of it.
And don't even start the oppression crap.
Whites oppress blacks and blacks oppress whites.
Same old idiotic story. Be done with it and get it out of my site!

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 2:52 pm

He'll be a better president than Bush. People have their hopes too high though. He's just another American president who obviously won't create any massive revolution. What'll change teh world is when America finally totally collapses as China takes over the global economy and the Orient replaces Europe and North America as the most economically developped continent.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 5:23 pm

Cripes, he was elected in late January!
It's mid-April!

call me back, oh...about 2011...;)

some folks got no perspective...;)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 10:19 pm

mmstick wrote:
Sand wrote:
mmstick wrote:
Apatura wrote:

Did you say that Obama is not half white? If that is what you said then it is a verifiable fact that he is half white. He isn't black. He isn't white. He is a mix. Because he considers himself to be black, goes out of his way to be considered black by others, he goes to a church that is exclusively black, and is a Democrat candidate pandering to black voters on the basis that he's "one of them".
Kinda silly, if you ask me. He, and everyone else, should focus on his qualifications (or the glaring lack of them), not his skin color.

Since when has it ever been that someone is half black? Whatever percentage a "black" person has of any other ancestry his/her physical appearance determines the racial classification. In actuality there is no such thing as a "pure" black person. I'd rather not get personal in this but your grasp of reality seems negligible.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 11:50 am

I will admit that in the general scope of things, whether you have the tiniest bit of white, as long as you appear black, you'll be considered as such. (Take for example Michael Jackson, not sure if this is a perfect example) =/

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2009, 6:34 pm

Sand wrote:
mmstick wrote:
Sand wrote:
mmstick wrote:
Apatura wrote:

Since when has it ever been that someone is half black? Whatever percentage a "black" person has of any other ancestry his/her physical appearance determines the racial classification. In actuality there is no such thing as a "pure" black person. I'd rather not get personal in this but your grasp of reality seems negligible.

You gravely misunderstand. You are merely quoting exactly what I am saying yet making it look opposite from what I say.
As you said. There is no such thing as a "pure" black person. There is no such thing as a "pure" colour. Therefore meaning that black and white does not exist. MY POINT IS WHO CARES ITS JUST MELATONIN COUNT!

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 1:11 am

mmstick wrote:
Sand wrote:
mmstick wrote:
Sand wrote:
mmstick wrote:
Apatura wrote:

You gravely misunderstand. You are merely quoting exactly what I am saying yet making it look opposite from what I say.
As you said. There is no such thing as a "pure" black person. There is no such thing as a "pure" colour. Therefore meaning that black and white does not exist. MY POINT IS WHO CARES ITS JUST MELATONIN COUNT!

It's good to indicate that you don't care (although you seemed upset that Obama was only "half black") and color has no significance to me but the history and current situation in the USA about people with dark skin color indicates at a lot of people with power do care and that is a major problem.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 1:42 am

mmstick wrote:
For those inclined in religion we have this interesting article.

The scripture says about the beast in the revelation of Jesus: “…the name of the beast or the
number of his name. Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.” His full name is according to Wikipedia (link) he is Barack Hussein Obama. So let us count this name: Barack = 6, Hussein = 7, and Obama = 5 letters. In mathematics there is a calculation of average, usually abbreviated as AVG. Here is how to count: (6+7+5)/3 so the sum of letters to be divided with the number of the words (number divided with the amount of numbers) that is 18/3=6. Now we got the average number of letters of his name that is 6 and because he has 3 names (given, middle, family) each word in average equals to 6. That is 666 - the number of the beast.

Although I don't really believe that Obama is going to necessarily "change the world", I must say that your posts are pretty rediculous. It's really easy to find "facts" that further your own agenda, especially when you find your 'facts' in religion (which imo, really isn't 'facts' based, i thought that was the whole point of religion?). And, to say that no guns will lead to something resembling nazism is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Because you are only 15, I think i will blame your parents :D

--Aldous Huxley

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 1:51 am

BTW, Melatonin has nothing to do with skin colour :D That would be Melanin. For someone who evidently spends a lot of time on the internet reading garbage you'd think an encyclopedia or dictionary may have crossed your path at some point.

--Aldous Huxley

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Apr 2009, 2:51 am

Quote:
he himself said he didn't think the Civil Rights Act went far enough to correct social injustices

It absolutely didn't. I'm not saying everything in the CRA was something I personally agree with, but there are still enormous barriers to minorities to achieve social mobility. If this country is to be the beacon of hope and freedom that we claim, we must allow for social mobility, right now that is not the case.

Quote:
He's not a big fan of funding the military, which really bothers me.

Military funding should be about 10% of what it is right now, perhaps even less than that. The military should exist only to protect our country, not to police the world.

Quote:
but because we need to make damn sure that we have enough funding to continue operations

No. We should cease the operations immediately.

Quote:
I've three good friends in the Army, I don't like the idea of their training budgets being cut.

If they are your friends, you should be protesting this war. You should do everything in your power to attain their immediate withdrawal. Friends don't let friends travel halfway across the world to kill innocent poor people.

Quote:
And he will probably get to pick two new SCOTUS justices, which will change things for decades.

This is the 2nd largest reason I preferred Obama to McCain (I voted for neither). We need some people to counterbalance the right-wing crazies on there.

Quote:
Lily Ledbetter fair pay act

You should provide links like this.

That's cool, but it's not exactly a profound change.

Quote:
which ensured that women could fight for equal pay in the workforce

Even just skimming that wiki, you should not use the word "ensure". It does not really ensure anything.

Quote:
and closed Gitmo

Still wire-tapping, still allowing for secret 3rd-world versions of Gitmo. That was a publicity thing imo.

Quote:
I'd say he's well on his way to changing the US.

I can't help myself here. :roll:

Quote:
Prince Obama and his friends will run the United States into the ground.

Using the term "prince" basically makes everything after that "blahblahblah".

Quote:
Not an opinion here. Facts, facts, and more undeniable facts.

New laws being passed will:
Forbid every gun possible,
Forced military drafting for children and students,
Still sending more troops over to fight.

I mean, I don't even know where to start with this. You actually start by saying "this is not my opinion, these are facts", then you state opinions. What is that? Are we supposed to take this seriously?

You're not going to lose your guns. There will not be a forced military draft (and for CHILDREN? LOL). Of course I agree he will send more troops to fight.

Quote:
Now here I ask. What happens when some stuff that will never happen comes to pass? Let me throw some crazy nonsense at you and maybe I can scare you into being a brainwashed conspiracy nut like myself. You're all going to die!

fyp

Quote:
For those inclined in religion we have this interesting article.

A book that we should not live our lives by said some crazy s**t! Let me do some numerology real quick, even though we all know that numerology is even worse than astrology. Look, I found some coincidences! Obama is the devil! See how I did that!

fyp

Quote:
What does this mean?
*picture of Obama doing devil horns sign*
Anyone? Anyone?

That he likes rock n' roll music?

Quote:
Didn't you hear the news? They have that chip coming right now.

He's talking about this

Which we already have in our credit cards, passports, and will soon be in the "enhanced" drivers licenses. So there is some truth to this. But of course, mmstick takes things a little bit past the extremities of truth.

Quote:
Going to issue an entirely new monetary system.

And here he's talking about this

Again, some truth to it, but just as injecting RFID chips, this is a line they're not likely to cross anytime soon.

Quote:
This system requires that by law if you do not have that chip you WILL NOT be able to BUY or SELL anything.

There's the extra-crazy bit. What system? What law?

Quote:
It's coming. Don't worry. No this isn't a joke. Go look it up.

Probably not coming, and definitely not coming soon. Don't worry. This is a joke. I don't know how to look it up.

Quote:
I think he has changed the world for African Americans... he's broken the barrier

3rd largest reason I preferred him to McCain.

Quote:
He hasn't broken any imaginary African American barriers.

"Imaginary" makes me think that you are racist. To deny the very real barriers to African Americans in this country is the height of ignorance.

Quote:
He isn't even an African American.

From wikipedia : "African Americans or Black Americans are citizens or residents of the United States who have origins in any of the black populations of Africa. In the United States, the terms are generally used for Americans with at least partial Sub-Saharan African ancestry."

link

He is African American.

Quote:
Besides its just an imaginary barrier.

Reprimand for blatant ignorance.

Quote:
Only lesser intelligent species consider it reality.

Ban for hardcore racism.

Quote:
Alan Keyes was a qualified presidential candidate

Nooooooooooo, he was not. That dude is insane.

Quote:
now someone like him would be taken seriously.

Alan Keyes will never be taken seriously. For good reason.

Quote:
While barriers for blacks are overstated, they are not imaginary.

Understated, actually.

Quote:
The fast paced erosion of civil liberty

I am a Libertarian, so listen to me when I say this is not just one slippery slope. There has always been a give and take regarding civil liberties. When there is war, or a crisis, civil liberties are removed, when the war or crisis is over, many if not all of those liberties are returned.

Quote:
Obama has been delineated as a symbol for unqualified optimism - it just requires the supporter to project their own hopes onto him for reflection and the spell is a done deal.

I think you win the thread. This statement is incredibly profound.

Quote:

*head asplode*

On a scale of delusional to ****ing insane, how...oh to hell with it you are ****ing insane.

Quote:
Same old idiotic story.

You have no grasp of history. Even if that was true, past digressions do not justify those of the present.

Quote:
Be done with it and get it out of my site!

I sincerely hope you get banned for your blatant racism in this thread.

I just realized you're 15. That's no excuse, but at the same time, I know your views will mature as you grow. Just, for now, understand that you are COMPLETELY incorrect on pretty much everything you said in this thread.

*FLEX*

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 3:11 am

Thanks for your detailed input, vibratetogether. I concur.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 4:02 am

llama123 wrote:
i have a question do you think obama will change the world? just write your personal opinion :D

Yes I do. I think anyone in a position of great power channeling Maximilian Robespierre and Saul Ailinsky is going to make a great difference, most of it for the worse. God help us if Fearless Leader decides to transform the United States into a Republic of Virtue.

ruveyn

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 10:38 am

NO.

he is just a black guy, who dresses cool, he IS NOT JESUS.

hes job isnt to change the world, its to change usa. AMERICANS NEED TO UNDERSTAND:
THE WORLD IS INDEPENDENT TO THE U S A.

YOUR presidents arent OUR presidents.
YOUR rules arent OUR rules.

if I break the law, a NORWEGIAN POLICE OFFICER will arrest me, NOT AN AMERICAN SHERRIF.

so, NO. obama will/should not change the world. its not his job to do.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 11:30 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
NO.

he is just a black guy, who dresses cool, he IS NOT JESUS.

He is not black. He is orange-brown.

ruveyn