Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 12:39 pm

Reports just coming in of a new Mexican swine flu. None of the news media on the web seems to have noticed but I've heard that all the schools are closing and about 20 dead already. It seems to be an unknown flu and apparently very dangerous. I've decided to leave off eating tacos until I get a clearer picture.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 12:49 pm

Over 60 dead, over 800 cases.

Swine flu has caused some deadly pandemics in the past, hopefully it will not do so again.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 1:47 pm

This looks terribly ominous.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 3:56 pm

Pretty hard to take it seriously with that kind of name.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 3:59 pm

It's only in New Mexico right? :hmph:

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 7:17 pm

Quote:
MEXICO CITY – A unique strain of swine flu is the suspected killer of dozens of people in Mexico, where authorities closed schools, museums, libraries and theaters in the capital on Friday to try to contain an outbreak that has spurred concerns of a global flu epidemic.

The worrisome new virus — which combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before — also sickened at least eight people in Texas and California, though there have been no deaths in the U.S......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090424/ap_ ... _swine_flu

so wtf - can some geneticist or biochemist tell me if this can happen so rapidly in 'natural' condition? - such multi species viral combinations which are previously unknown??- or does Occam's razor suggest it is engineered?

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 8:05 pm

Concenik wrote:
so wtf - can some geneticist or biochemist tell me if this can happen so rapidly in 'natural' condition? - such multi species viral combinations which are previously unknown??- or does Occam's razor suggest it is engineered?

Nature is capable of some pretty odd things. That said, pigs, birds, and humans are biologically so far apart that a hat trick virus that combines all three seems unlikely. Two has happened. Three seems rather odd.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Apr 2009, 9:02 pm

oh great. lets see if the news media doesnt try to scare everyone, like what they did with bird flu. :lol:

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 11:36 pm

pezar wrote:
Concenik wrote:

Nature is capable of some pretty odd things. That said, pigs, birds, and humans are biologically so far apart that a hat trick virus that combines all three seems unlikely. Two has happened. Three seems rather odd.

INDEED

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2009, 11:38 pm

richardbenson wrote:
oh great. lets see if the news media doesnt try to scare everyone, like what they did with bird flu. :lol:

Hmm..it's twin prong RB - scare them and inculcate the paradigm simultaneously.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 12:46 am

Concenik wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I am fully aware of your eagerness to promote conspiracies but in this case it presents interesting possibilities. Among developed nations the USA has about the worst general health system in the world despite its technical expertise. It is a ripe plum waiting to fall to any terrorist with biological capability and a desire to witness the demise of a nation inadequately financed to protect the general public and millions of citizens too poor to be a part of the corrupt private health insurance business. In conjunction with many dropping out of personal insurance because of the collapse of the financial bubble it could be a mortal blow.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2009, 1:01 am

Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I am fully aware of your eagerness to promote conspiracies but in this case it presents interesting possibilities. Among developed nations the USA has about the worst general health system in the world despite its technical expertise. It is a ripe plum waiting to fall to any terrorist with biological capability and a desire to witness the demise of a nation inadequately financed to protect the general public and millions of citizens too poor to be a part of the corrupt private health insurance business. In conjunction with many dropping out of personal insurance because of the collapse of the financial bubble it could be a mortal blow.

First off, I'm not 'eager to present conspiracies' - I just have radically different world view which is largely scorned (more fool you 8) ) - secondly, you've been in the cossetted west too long if you really believe that the health care provisions are so dire - try central Africa :roll:

Yes, it WOULD INDEED be a mortal blow - one that has been written about and prepared by the Malthusian fanclub for about X years or so if one has exorbitant amounts of money to actually access the priviledged journals that have been musing about this very scenario since you were a bairn and before, it's possible to read of it for oneself - I'm lucky we have a network that pays to access this stuff *shrugs*

Do the Occam - this is multi species viral strain that nature does NOT ordinarily throw out.

Most people are not wanted or needed anymore - the polar bears need saving.

Aldous Huxley said some very interesting things about Brave New World before he died - tantamount to a confession, us 'eager conspiracy theorists' would claim.

Anyhow - you'll be free of me anon - I keep getting PM's from the admin here saying I am too offensive and I am going to be banned *shrugs*

You might be old and wise but I think you might give what I am saying to you one more serious consideration - it isn't like I am a deluded kid who hasn't spent the best part of a decade researching these elites *shrugs*

House of Hesse funded Rothschild, in case you didn't know...

ciao maybe 8)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 1:17 am

Concenik wrote:
Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

First off, I'm not 'eager to present conspiracies' - I just have radically different world view which is largely scorned (more fool you 8) ) - secondly, you've been in the cossetted west too long if you really believe that the health care provisions are so dire - try central Africa :roll:

Yes, it WOULD INDEED be a mortal blow - one that has been written about and prepared by the Malthusian fanclub for about X years or so if one has exorbitant amounts of money to actually access the priviledged journals that have been musing about this very scenario since you were a bairn and before.

Do the Occam - this is multi species viral strain that nature does NOT ordinarily throw out.

Aldous Huxley said some very interesting things about Brave New World before he died - tantamount to a confession, us 'eager conspiracy theorists' would claim.

Anyhow - you'll be free of me anon - I keep getting PM's from the admin here saying I am too offensive and I am going to be banned *shrugs*

You might be old and wise but I think you might give what I am saying to you one more serious consideration - it isn't like I am a deluded kid who hasn't spent the best part of a decade researching these elites *shrugs*

ciao maybe 8)

My comment was not at all an attack on you but an indication that the Mexican flu indeed had possibilities of being a real thrust of a terrorist at the soft underbelly of the US health system. As much as I hold doubts about your conspiracy theories I do not hold them as objectionable, merely on the fringes of believability and rather entertaining. I would be sorry to see you go.

I do not consider myself a "wise" old man, merely one who has been disillusioned many times by the hypocrisies of standard accepted national images and profoundly upset by the foolish gullibility of the average citizen.

If you are interested in factual articles about the deceptions worked on the public I recommend Counterpunch at http://www.counterpunch.org/ There is some obvious emotional ranting but a good deal of factual material with expert technical backup.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2009, 1:56 am

Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

Yes, it WOULD INDEED be a mortal blow - one that has been written about and prepared by the Malthusian fanclub for about X years or so if one has exorbitant amounts of money to actually access the priviledged journals that have been musing about this very scenario since you were a bairn and before.

ciao maybe 8)

My comment was not at all an attack on you but an indication that the Mexican flu indeed had possibilities of being a real thrust of a terrorist at the soft underbelly of the US health system. As much as I hold doubts about your conspiracy theories I do not hold them as objectionable, merely on the fringes of believability and rather entertaining. I would be sorry to see you go.

I do not consider myself a "wise" old man, merely one who has been disillusioned many times by the hypocrisies of standard accepted national images and profoundly upset by the foolish gullibility of the average citizen.

If you are interested in factual articles about the deceptions worked on the public I recommend Counterpunch at http://www.counterpunch.org/ There is some obvious emotional ranting but a good deal of factual material with expert technical backup.

lol yes thanks - I do actually know of counterpunch - a lot of good articles and opinion there, I agree.

hmm, let's look at it - unless it's the 'commies' or the drug cartels(and why would they want to??) no one else has the access to this tech - the 'muslims' (or rather,CIAda - and it's breakaways) certainly don't - they are too busy killing themsleves with ye olde 'black death' in Africa (bittersweet lulz)- not organised enough at all - maybe they got lucky but Occam suggests it much more likely it would come from an advanced set up such as the MIC has perfected...Israel could but then why would they wish to kill the cash cow rather than milk it ?? No, I think it is more likely to be the old structure - unless it's nature--which seems unlikely considering the viral make up..

I hope they don't ban me too - I stated my case in PM's - apparently I was too offensive to the Jesus freak and the Malthusians *shrugs* - I think it may be a case of saving face amongst the admin team for the one allocated to be my minder...I really didn't think I was anymore contentious in my comments to others than what I see around me here in PPR tbh - ah well, either way, it was fun - thanks for the nice 'hope you're still around' sentiment :)

I stand by what I say though - gerontological institutes - that's where I focus - they have already managed to switch genes to extend lifespans like we've never known - combine that with emerging AI and robotics/nano...

..industrial sphere and it's mechanisms of control are OVER - read of the futurist society - they charge $60 per year though *shrugs* - maybe I'll put a password up on this site LOL ( I doubt I'd get away with that tbh) the time for this many humans is over - they keep telling you in the main stream media if only you'll listen..there's soo much already written from societies like RIIA et al..

same blood, same lines, same s**t - but now worse because tech is better.

Some might advocate 'less people' but I am totally against that - we're all here now, that's just how it is :) - for those that want to 'reduce numbers' I say - ok, let's start with your family then, mofo..

The planet can handle 6 billion NO PROBLEM it is a BIG PLACE - it is just about fair and equal distribution, that's all - not this obsession with but and sell and dog eat dog etc.

f**k, I'm an aspie it appears - no wonder I find it weird how bullshittty the priorities are in the world around me hahahahahahahahaetc

hmm, maybe it was those mushrooms I took in Papua New Guinea blahahaha - etc....

I want to rebel against it tbh - not it some fervent revolutionary way - just in non compliance - but not many others are listening to whats going on or are so tightly gripping psychological comfort blankets that the best you can hope for in raising the issue is a cursory spitting of scorn and disdain, friendly mockery or unfortunate dogged total belief in anything one says (worst case scenario)*shrugs*(lol)- I just want people to look into it with an open mind free of prejudgement tbh..the info is there to make the case, it just requires a bit of research - I refuse to do the legwork for others but also refuse not to vocalise my own POV. Call it conspiracy if you want - but I certainly have nothing to do with extreme American conservative groups worrying about the 'illuminati' and the death of christianity *shrugs* Best starting point for me was to do the money trail.

There, you got a nice big fat reply :)

I do hope this Mexican flu is a 'flash in the pan"

vibratetogether
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Apr 2009, 3:06 am

A global pandemic is entirely plausible, and not something to be dismissive of. I, for one, will be monitoring this closely.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 3:42 am

I have nothing against extreme theories. Einstein's revisions of Newton was considered as such for many years until the old guard died off and the data kept coming in to confirm them. And continental drift was also dismissed for many years. The latest physics explosions of dark energy and dark matter are now being re-examined under the concept that Newton's idea may be faulty. ( see http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 085830.htm ). Our minds are not unlike Dirac's concept of virtual space where virtual particles emerge in pairs, positive and negative, and annihilate each other in the real universe. Thus our subconscious contains multitudes or strange ideas and odd associations which emerge into consciousness to be either confirmed or annihilated by counter facts. Some of our minds are overpopulated with "facts" which annihilate anything unconventional and some are structured so as to welcome the most fantastic ideas. I try to maintain a balance but it is a very personal balance as it is with everybody since a standard is unobtainable for accurately evaluating everything. So I welcome very strange speculations but they must be satisfied to remain sequestered in my mental limbo until a body of facts in my consciousness is prepared to welcome and insulate them.