Page 6 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 5:06 am

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/si ... belief.htm

http://www.faithfreedom.org/book.htm

Quote:
I hardly know a thing about Islam to be honest, but my perspective on this is the issue of extremists, so yes extremists muslims in the middle east will go as Ragtime suggests, the thing is that I gather that there are different ismalic denominations just as Christianity and as Ragtime's claim of the Qur’an stating to kill and be violent while the Bible isn't, that seems questionable, obviously further research will have to be made rather than taking his word, I mean, I believe scholars on the subject will argue things differing from the simplistic approach Ragtime does with his argument, and given that different denominations exist in Islam, I would say that different interpretations of the Qu'ran may exist, just look at Christianity and how many interpretations of the Bible exist.

Quote:
Also, I can post here as I please wether you like it or not, or wether you agree with me or not, I'm free to do so aren't I? heck! you are not a mod so that becomes useless and meaningless, and well, given that some here are annoyed and even irritated by Ragtime's claim, he has the freedom to do so as he pleases, even if what he says sounds ridiculous to some, but as noticed, there are some who seem to agree with him and others who don't, and I wanted to add my own observation on this. I mean, it would be like telling you to not reply to my post if you have missed the point.

Quote:
I would say that different interpretations of the Qu'ran may exist, just look at Christianity and how many interpretations of the Bible exist.

I am gonna be super rude again and I will say this again: if you want to defend Islam , go learn first about the Qur'an teachings itself , go read the Mohammad's biography and actions and then come back and tell me whether there are 2 opposite sides of Qur'anic interpretations or not and whether Christianity is as violent as Islam or not.

Again , keep in mind that I am atheist an EX-MUSLIM , so I am not defending Christianity here yet I feel that it's totally unfair to equal Christianity's violence to Islam's violence and to equate Jesus's theachings to Mohammad's teachings , Islam is more violent and the Islamic community is more violent than the Christian community , this is a fact that I witnessed it my whole.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 9:12 am

Wow. You are the biggest douche in the universe.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 10:45 am

Honestly -.- And should we call the days the Crusades happenned back there Christian days? It's just as stupid and discriminatory.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 11:12 am

phil777 wrote:
Honestly -.- And should we call the days the Crusades happenned back there Christian days? It's just as stupid and discriminatory.

I think the Inquisition is fairer to point out as an example of these problems stemming direct from theology. The Crusades happened after centuries of relentless plundering and subjugation of Christian areas by the Islamic adventurism.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2009, 3:03 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
I am gonna be super rude again and I will say this again: if you want to defend Islam , go learn first about the Qur'an teachings itself , go read the Mohammad's biography and actions and then come back and tell me whether there are 2 opposite sides of Qur'anic interpretations or not and whether Christianity is as violent as Islam or not.

1. This is not your thread, it is Ragtime's.
2. I am not defending Islam.
3. I don't really care about what you say, nor I should care about your own personal perception or experiences on the matter.

Quote:
Again , keep in mind that I am atheist an EX-MUSLIM , so I am not defending Christianity here yet I feel that it's totally unfair to equal Christianity's violence to Islam's violence and to equate Jesus's theachings to Mohammad's teachings , Islam is more violent and the Islamic community is more violent than the Christian community , this is a fact that I witnessed it my whole.

The reliability of witness accounts is a problem.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 1:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I think the Inquisition is fairer to point out as an example of these problems stemming direct from theology. The Crusades happened after centuries of relentless plundering and subjugation of Christian areas by the Islamic adventurism.

Not really. The crusades were political, but that Christian had less footing in the Middle East at the time. So to describe the Muslims as just plunderer is not accurate. The Christians were doing exactly the same as the Muslims, except they were less unified and organised about it. The crusades were about politics pure and simple.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 2:16 pm

I just think the three monotheistic religions should be outlawed. They have no place in a civilized society. Buddhism and shinto etc are okay, but Islam, Christianity and Judaism, no thanks.

I don't respect anyone who is a believer of one of the three monotheistic religions.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 3:09 pm

I can't go that far. Also, at least Jews tend to leave other people alone -you don't see them trying to convert people or to make it illegal to eat pork (or force their views on others in general.)

just_ben
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2009, 3:19 pm

Ragtime, are you taking the p*ss? Isn't this what you usually do?
Why would people who aren't Muslims have an Islam day anyway? That's just silly. You have the 9/11 memorial, and that's about it. Why bother with anything else? Somehow I think you guys are taking this a bit too seriously.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:02 pm

Zoonic wrote:
I just think the three monotheistic religions should be outlawed. They have no place in a civilized society. Buddhism and shinto etc are okay, but Islam, Christianity and Judaism, no thanks.

I don't respect anyone who is a believer of one of the three monotheistic religions.

No one is forcing you to accept a religion.

And in what way are Jews being obnoxious to society? Jews do not try to convert anyone. They general keep to themselves in so far as their religious activity is concerned. And they generally respect the division between State and Church (in the general sense). You don't see Jews shooting abortion doctors (even though Orthodox Jews oppose abortion) and you never see them strapping on bombs to blow up shopping malls, nor do they hijack planes and crash them into tall buildings. So what is your complaint?

If you don't like Judaism, then don't pay any attention to it. No one is forcing you to do so.

ruveyn

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:16 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Zoonic wrote:

No one is forcing you to accept a religion.

And in what way are Jews being obnoxious to society? Jews do not try to convert anyone. They general keep to themselves in so far as their religious activity is concerned. And they generally respect the division between State and Church (in the general sense). You don't see Jews shooting abortion doctors (even though Orthodox Jews oppose abortion) and you never see them strapping on bombs to blow up shopping malls, nor do they hijack planes and crash them into tall buildings. So what is your complaint?

If you don't like Judaism, then don't pay any attention to it. No one is forcing you to do so.

ruveyn

The jewish written teachings are enough to dislike that religion as well. It doesn't matter how it's practiced, as long as the bible is a part of judaism it is a religion which preaches evil values. Neither christians, muslims or jews, orthodox or secular, are welcome in my life and I do everything I can to discriminate against believers of any of the three monotheistic religions in everyday life.

Religion isn't something you're born with, homosexuality is. A religious person have a choice, a gay person doesn't. The three monotheistic religions have, among other hateful things, written teachings towards homosexuals. Jewish original teachings even said autists should be stoned at the city gates with their father throwing the first rock, are you okay with that too? Why didn't they change these writings? Because they are written by "God"? Seriously, it's disgusting. The monotheistic religions have evil written into their original teachings.

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2009, 5:40 pm

Zoonic wrote:

Zoonic I agree with you :D
I always found it odd that sikhs, buddhists, hindus, they all don't care about what you believe, they never have and probably never will, its just the monothestic religions have a deep hatred of a vast amount of non-believers or other religions, its extremely barbaric for religions which preach peace and love. I mean the eastern religions preach peace, and the follow through with it, i've never met a barbaric sikh, hindu or buddhist, heck the ones i've met were much nicer than a great deal of the nicest monotheists i've met.

But as usual the problem with these beliefs isn't particularly the system, its humans, the teachings of Jesus are very good...if you want to follow them to the letter, but a lot of people twist them to meet their own needs, such as putting themselves on a moral highground because they have 'God' and other people don't or that they will go to 'Heaven' while others will burn in 'Hell', it all sounds like a big childish game of insults which grown adults should not be part of.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:54 pm

Zoonic wrote:

I think that not respecting people for their beliefs is going a little far and it makes you become the very thing you're fighting against.
In every religion, there are extremists and there are people who don't take things very seriously at all. There are lots of people in between.
It somehow seems wrong to punish everyone.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 5:59 pm

Jesus taught love in the religion of hatred, Judaism, and was hated by jews for it. But christianity is not simply based on Jesus teaching everyone to love each other, it also contains the original jewish teachings which are hundreds of pages of hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, murder, war, hate, hate, more hate beginning with Adam and Eve.

The "good things" in judaism came into existence when some french rabbis or whatever in the 16'th century started making additions to the jewish teachings and adding stuff like "love" etc. The original teachings of judaism were always about hate and nothing else.

Islam, like Christianity, adopted the original jewish hate teachings but also spiced them up further with even more hate of their own, making Islam the most hateful religion in existence. They added old school beduin barbary and unbelievable warlike hatred, opression of women etc, into the mix.

No religion which contains the original "Torah" can be peaceful and good because all it says in those books are really just how to punish and kill people in primitive ways like stoning.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 6:03 pm

Zoonic wrote:
Jesus taught love in the religion of hatred, Judaism, and was hated by jews for it. But christianity is not simply based on Jesus teaching everyone to love each other, it also contains the original jewish teachings which are hundreds of pages of hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, murder, war, hate, hate, more hate beginning with Adam and Eve.

I've always felt that the Christian view that

(A) "no one can come to God except through me" (Jesus) - and no, I'm not going to bother with references.

is a bit exclusive.

And that didn't come from the Jews, it came from the Christians.

(B) Of course, there's also the stuff about not judging people and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Why is it that judgemental Christians often seem able to ignore (B) but can't let go of (A)?

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 6:56 pm

gbollard wrote:
I've always felt that the Christian view that

(A) "no one can come to God except through me" (Jesus) - and no, I'm not going to bother with references.

is a bit exclusive.

And that didn't come from the Jews, it came from the Christians.

(B) Of course, there's also the stuff about not judging people and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Why is it that judgemental Christians often seem able to ignore (B) but can't let go of (A)?

I've never spoken in favor of Christianity VS Judaism. I said the words of Jesus were about love but Christianity as a whole isn't. Christians are hypocrites but so are jews. The entire foundation of judaism is hundreds of pages of hatred, genocide, barbaric executions etc. I read it.