And mass murderer AB Breivik could be an Aspie...

Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:30 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
fraac wrote:
No one can say for sure whether anyone has anyone. It's a redundant thing to say. Look how many living people get misdiagnosed.

It was simply my opinion...I guess I should quit having opinions if I don't want to be insulted.

I love your opinions, Sweetleaf

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Is his social issues the only thing he has? If so, that isn't really autism. Just him having a social communication disorder and with the new criteria out, he wont have autism.

what social issues?

I don't know. I don't know him. They only said he had social problems and that's all we know.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 2:05 am

Oddly enough, I reckon hearing he did not plan on getting a girlfriend because it would hinder his plans, yet he traveled somewhere in Europe to pay for luxury prostitutes before doing his deed.

Just wondering how someone with "social issues" would talk about being able to get a girlfriend (hell, most of us have trouble already enough :lol: ), let alone being able to handle sexual intercourse without any problem.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 2:07 am

I'm reading that they settled on paranoid schizophrenia.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 2:08 am

unduki wrote:
I'm reading that they settled on paranoid schizophrenia.

I find that questionable as well.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 7:55 am

phil777 wrote:
Oddly enough, I reckon hearing he did not plan on getting a girlfriend because it would hinder his plans, yet he traveled somewhere in Europe to pay for luxury prostitutes before doing his deed.

Just wondering how someone with "social issues" would talk about being able to get a girlfriend (hell, most of us have trouble already enough :lol: ), let alone being able to handle sexual intercourse without any problem.

Confident aspies with a large enough working model of people can get girls when they want. Sex quickly becomes easy, fun and necessary.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 8:08 am

fraac wrote:
Confident aspies with a large enough working model of people can get girls when they want.

Treating girls like they are women and in fact avoiding the topic of sex works well. Basically, only go with what she is comfortable with. Subtly test the waters. If she's not biting, cut your losses and move on.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
fraac wrote:
Didn't he write a huge manifesto? I assume by default that anyone who writes a manifesto is aspie.

That includes Hitler...which is possible I imagine, though I do not believe one has to be an aspie to write a manifesto.

It also includes Mao Zedong, Kim Il Sung, Muammar Qaddafi, and many many others who write manifestos to justify their horrible actions.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
Why is that nonsense? Is there some evidence that Autism means one couldn't be a mass murderer?

It doesn't I simply see no valid reasons to assume he had autism. Seems like another one of these 'because he murdered people he must have a mental disorder and autism sounds good.' cases.

Right. Neither do I, but then I haven't researched this story at all. It's just that to me it seems as if, for some of us, it looks like we feel that we are capable of pretty much anything anyone else is capable of, as long as what it is is positive, not negative. In other words, "We don't lack empathy, but we couldn't possibly be sadists."

I dunno. I tend to feel that we've got to accept the bad with the good. If we're capable of good things, we are just as capable of doing really bad things as well.

It's all well and good to look at these people and situations in retrospect with the idea in mind of trying to understand it and prevent it in the future, if that's the reasoning behind the speculation. I think sometimes we may suspect the motivation behind the speculation. There ARE some wackos out there who believe Autism causes evil behavior. Knowing that, I think, causes some of us to suspect everyone who speculates.

Not all speculation is bad though. It depends on the motivation behind it. Is it to understand better? That's good. Is it because of a preconceived idea that Autism is "bad?" That's not good.

I don't know what the motivation is behind this speculation. With that in mind, I reserve judgement until I do know.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
Why is that nonsense? Is there some evidence that Autism means one couldn't be a mass murderer?

It doesn't I simply see no valid reasons to assume he had autism. Seems like another one of these 'because he murdered people he must have a mental disorder and autism sounds good.' cases.

Right. Neither do I, but then I haven't researched this story at all. It's just that to me it seems as if, for some of us, it looks like we feel that we are capable of pretty much anything anyone else is capable of, as long as what it is is positive, not negative. In other words, "We don't lack empathy, but we couldn't possibly be sadists."

I dunno. I tend to feel that we've got to accept the bad with the good. If we're capable of good things, we are just as capable of doing really bad things as well.

It's all well and good to look at these people and situations in retrospect with the idea in mind of trying to understand it and prevent it in the future, if that's the reasoning behind the speculation. I think sometimes we may suspect the motivation behind the speculation. There ARE some wackos out there who believe Autism causes evil behavior. Knowing that, I think, causes some of us to suspect everyone who speculates.

Not all speculation is bad though. It depends on the motivation behind it. Is it to understand better? That's good. Is it because of a preconceived idea that Autism is "bad?" That's not good.

I don't know what the motivation is behind this speculation. With that in mind, I reserve judgement until I do know.

I do not think the fact he murders people proves he does not have autism, I just see no proof that he does have it either.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 7:59 am

Hmm, he doesn't like an aspie or a paranoid schizophrenic. From the very little I have read on him, he sounds like a paranoiac in need of mental help. Yes he is a bigot but only a professional could say sure if mental illness was the catalyst.

I don't think this case has anything at all whatsoever to do with autism or the autistic spectrum.

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2012, 5:17 am

He did it because he was sick of the government. Naturally any "professional" will put this all down to mental illness, because their definitions of insanity are decided by the government which educated them.

Jaydee wrote:
But knowing that the girl was an aspie would hardly stop him, though. Why would it? Have aspies more instrinsic value than NTs in the eyes of a fellow aspie? I should think not.

I would say yes. Why not?

It would be unlikely to stop someone on a politically motivated killing spree, which had nothing to do with autism, but I know I'd personally be more hesitant to gun down people with autism.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 5:26 am

Jaydee wrote:
He has furthermore spent years developing and writing about his own theories about immigration, muslims and "cultural marxism".

They're not his theories. They are standard-issue talking points for declinists. He has simply spent far too much time on declinist websites, and took this worldview seriously enough to act on it.

Invader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2012, 7:58 am

God forbid anyone ever takes their world view seriously enough to act on it. :roll:

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

I heard on the news that he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia but they didn't say anything about asperger's or autism.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 3:20 am

Please tell me this isn't so.