York Mosque praised for offering EDL protesters tea

Page 5 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 3:19 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Bad response. A better reply would be -

Also false.

No-one is making the woman in the bikini wear that garment.

The woman in the niqab may well be being forced/pressured/coerced by her community (which is becoming increasingly dominated by Wahhabi Islam in this country) into wearing it. She wouldn't have any choice whether or not to wear it in the tribal Pakistani hellhole where most of our Muslim immigrants come from.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Can you explain what you mean?

For a start?

And by the way - I'm not having a go at Muslims with any of this and I'll defend Muslims that people do have a go at. That does not mean that Islamic belief and, furthermore, the fundamentalist type of Islam that is common here should not be criticised:

For a start, I'm thinking of:

- Attempts at forcing Sharia controlled zones in East London/Tower Hamlets
- The fact that we still haven't clamped down on student Islamic societies, even though even the Government realises they're a massive breeding ground for extremism, terrorism and violence. (At least four former heads of Islamic student societies have been prosecuted for terrorist offences!)
- The entire case of Anjem Choudary
- In London alone, the fact that a London borough is run lock, stock and barrel by Caliphate-desiring Islamic extremists like Lutfur Rahman and his crew, who 'run' the council along Bangladeshi lines
- The hundreds of secret Sharia courts in this country, which, as we've seen on the recent Panorama programme are at the very least give out some very dodgy advice to women
- Hate-preaching mosques (there has been some investigation on these - Channel 4's Undercover Mosque is a good example), where hateful speeches on gays, Jews, apostates and other types of Muslims are spread to appreciative audiences) - and the almost complete silence from within the Muslim community about these. There are one or two people that try to expose this and speak out against it, but they are marginalised and sidelined
- The way that violence-glorifying Islamist preachers for abroad are allowed into this country and are allowed to spread their filth, when they should be arrested and kicked out of the country
- The dozens of Muslim - and it is only Muslim, it's not "Asians" (that term also includes Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists etc from South Asia) as the media try to pretend - rape gangs all across the country (where Muslim men have targeted, drugged and gang-raped scores of mostly white teenage girls), which just now we're finding out about, the truth of it having been suppressed for years. (Again, there are a very few Muslim clerics - like Dr. Taj Hargey - who I admire over this subject and who have my support, but the rest of them are liars, excuse-makers and dissemblers)
- Young Islamic thugs filming themselves being aggressive and abusive towards white people and the creepy silence towards attacks on white people - the "Muslim Patrol" is an excellent example of this - though, to be fair, a fair number of Muslims were enraged by this.
- The huge sums of money that our security services have to pump into dealing with and foiling potential Islamic terrorist threats
- The constant violence and intimidation towards those who speak their minds on Islam (you should read the threats that people like Pat Condell, Tommy Robinson - I know he's EDL, but threats of this frequency and magnitude deserve to be taken seriously)
- The many thousands of cases of female genital mutilation in this country (almost all of them committed by Muslims on Muslim girls) that are essentially legal because there hasn't yet been one prosecution for those Muslims that practise it
- The constant, cowardly, denial of our craven politicians as to the true root cause of Islamic terrorism (Lee Rigby; 7/7; Glasgow airport bombings, etc etc)
- The fact that if you burn a Quran in this country, you'll go to jail for it - but if you burn a Bible, you won't
- The hypersegregation that has been allowed to happen in this country due to mass immigration from third world countries. 'Multiculturalism' has brought to the UK what are Muslim ghettoes, essential pockets of land where Islam dominates an area rather than melding into it and becoming a part of the culture. You have parts of towns and cities where all Sunni/Shia Muslims live, and then you have everyone else. I'm thinking of places like Blackburn (the amount of mosques there is frankly intimidating and oppressive - it's probably more 'Islamic' there than some actual Muslim countries and it feels like triumphalism), Bradford, London, Birmingham, parts of Manchester and other places of that nature. Not all third world immigration has been negative - Hindus and Sikhs have often integrated well into UK society
- 'Honour' killings committed in the UK
- The constant kowtowing to Islamic/Islamist sensibilities over this image, or that book, or that film, or whatever else - and Europe's tacit acceptance of this, rather than standing up to the bullies and printing whatever offends them all over the media. We've lost our sense of free speech in this country. I want to see honest debates take place about Islam without Muslims (and the left) shouting everyone down who tries to engage in one. They're welcome to put their case across, but not by threatening and bullying.
- The entire word "Islamophobia", and everything ugly and debate-silencing that that word represents. You could, perhaps, make a case that 'Muslimophobia' does exist for anti-Muslim sentiment, but both that an Islamophobia have been so misused and abused by Islamic apologists that both words are useless
- The constant pushing of the narrative (by partisan, taxpayer-funded outfits like Tell MAMA - who are the exact opposite of the sober, scholarly and honest Jewish CST) that Muslims are a threatened minority in Britain, when the statistics simply, provably don't bear this out one iota

Again, this stuff is not the fault of individual Muslims. It has a mixture of causes - the Government has a large hand to play in this, and in many cases the Islamic extremists have been tacitly, covertly or even funded by the Government. Baroness Warsi, for instance, is a Tory peer and is 'Minister of Faith'. She is also the UK representative for the OIC, an organisation that calls for more religious freedom and less Islamophobia, yet have their own HQ in Saudi Arabia, where even following any religion other than Islam is illegal.

Dhawal wrote:
Thank you so much Tequila. You made it easy for me

And it's this literalist reading of the Islamic texts that is causing us such trouble in Europe and in Australia, and it is this literal reading of the Quran that is so in conflict with liberal democracies.

I've spoken to Muslims who are horrified by this kind of stuff. But there are those Muslims out there who silently (or not so silently) agree with the Islamists, even if they aren't so themselves.

If you don't research what I've mentioned in this comment - there's hours of research to do right there - I shall take it as meaning that you aren't interested in a serious discussion.

Oh, and by the way - if you're a Hindu, how many tens of millions of Hindus have Muslim invaders butchered over the centuries in trying to take control of the Indian subcontinent?

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 4:13 am

My comments are in the brackets.

Tequila wrote:
Also false.
No-one is making the woman in the bikini wear that garment.
The woman in the niqab may well be being forced/pressured/coerced by her community (which is becoming increasingly dominated by Wahhabi Islam in this country) into wearing it. She wouldn't have any choice whether or not to wear it in the tribal Pakistani hellhole where most of our Muslim immigrants come from.
[Yet another strawman. I used the cartoon as a better reply for Nessa's post, than what you suggested. And you went into the details of what dress is forced/pressured/coerced, and then into Wahhabi islam and Pakistani hellhole?? You're not fooling anybody with your strawman logics, so stop it already.]

And by the way - I'm not having a go at Muslims with any of this and I'll defend Muslims that people do have a go at. That does not mean that Islamic belief and, furthermore, the fundamentalist type of Islam that is common here should not be criticised:
[I seriously doubt that. You had a go at muslims many times in this thread, and never defended them when some members were directly targetting them. Islam - criticise it by all means, I'm not a big fan of religions.]

- Attempts at forcing Sharia controlled zones in East London/Tower Hamlets
[By whom?]

- The fact that we still haven't clamped down on student Islamic societies, even though even the Government realises they're a massive breeding ground for extremism, terrorism and violence. (At least four former heads of Islamic student societies have been prosecuted for terrorist offences!)
[Contradictions in the same point?]

- The entire case of Anjem Choudary
[And how does that criminalise the average muslim?]

- In London alone, the fact that a London borough is run lock, stock and barrel by Caliphate-desiring Islamic extremists like Lutfur Rahman and his crew, who 'run' the council along Bangladeshi lines
[Big claims, gonna need some proof]

- The hundreds of secret Sharia courts in this country, which, as we've seen on the recent Panorama programme are at the very least give out some very dodgy advice to women
[Courts giving advice? Haven't heard that one before.]

- Hate-preaching mosques (there has been some investigation on these - Channel 4's Undercover Mosque is a good example), where hateful speeches on gays, Jews, apostates and other types of Muslims are spread to appreciative audiences) - and the almost complete silence from within the Muslim community about these. There are one or two people that try to expose this and speak out against it, but they are marginalised and sidelined
[And how does that criminalise the 'other types of muslims'? Apparently, you weren't very moved when someone said goyim earlier in the thread. I guess you don't mind christians who hate jews, apparently that doesn't classify as hate speech.]

- The way that violence-glorifying Islamist preachers for abroad are allowed into this country and are allowed to spread their filth, when they should be arrested and kicked out of the country
[You're at it again, makes it very difficult to take your stuff seriously.]

- The dozens of Muslim - and it is only Muslim, it's not "Asians" (that term also includes Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists etc from South Asia) as the media try to pretend - rape gangs all across the country (where Muslim men have targeted, drugged and gang-raped scores of mostly white teenage girls), which just now we're finding out about, the truth of it having been suppressed for years. (Again, there are a very few Muslim clerics - like Dr. Taj Hargey - who I admire over this subject and who have my support, but the rest of them are liars, excuse-makers and dissemblers)
[So you do admire 'a few' muslims. May the heavens bless you.]

- Young Islamic thugs filming themselves being aggressive and abusive towards white people and the creepy silence towards attacks on white people - the "Muslim Patrol" is an excellent example of this - though, to be fair, a fair number of Muslims were enraged by this.
[You yourself nullified this. Seriously, do you hate muslims or not? If you say you don't, then why are we having this discussion? I'm not here to defend islam you know.]

- The huge sums of money that our security services have to pump into dealing with and foiling potential Islamic terrorist threats
[:bored tone: How does this criminalise the average muslim?]

- The constant violence and intimidation towards those who speak their minds on Islam (you should read the threats that people like Pat Condell, Tommy Robinson - I know he's EDL, but threats of this frequency and magnitude deserve to be taken seriously)
[The EDL should be taken seriously. You have got to be kidding me.]

- The many thousands of cases of female genital mutilation in this country (almost all of them committed by Muslims on Muslim girls) that are essentially legal because there hasn't yet been one prosecution for those Muslims that practise it.
[This is extremely important. It's a serious human rights violation, thanks for pointing it out.]

- The constant, cowardly, denial of our craven politicians as to the true root cause of Islamic terrorism (Lee Rigby; 7/7; Glasgow airport bombings, etc etc)
[:bored: These kind of comments make it difficult to take you seriously.]

- The fact that if you burn a Quran in this country, you'll go to jail for it - but if you burn a Bible, you won't
[What a wonderful way to distort the facts. Try again dude.]

- The hypersegregation that has been allowed to happen in this country due to mass immigration from third world countries. 'Multiculturalism' has brought to the UK what are Muslim ghettoes, essential pockets of land where Islam dominates an area rather than melding into it and becoming a part of the culture. You have parts of towns and cities where all Sunni/Shia Muslims live, and then you have everyone else. I'm thinking of places like Blackburn (the amount of mosques there is frankly intimidating and oppressive - it's probably more 'Islamic' there than some actual Muslim countries and it feels like triumphalism), Bradford, London, Birmingham, parts of Manchester and other places of that nature. Not all third world immigration has been negative - Hindus and Sikhs have often integrated well into UK society.
[You're telling an Indian that Southall is not a ghetto? There's Punjabi and Gujarati ghettos all over UK and US. Integrated well into UK society - yeah right.]

- 'Honour' killings committed in the UK
[These have got to stop. All muslims, hindus and sikhs who do this are murderers.]

- The constant kowtowing to Islamic/Islamist sensibilities over this image, or that book, or that film, or whatever else - and Europe's tacit acceptance of this, rather than standing up to the bullies and printing whatever offends them all over the media. We've lost our sense of free speech in this country. I want to see honest debates take place about Islam without Muslims (and the left) shouting everyone down who tries to engage in one. They're welcome to put their case across, but not by threatening and bullying.
[Free speech is good, religious intolerance is bad. But 'printing whatever offends them all over the media'? I hope you realise how extreme that sounds.]

- The entire word "Islamophobia", and everything ugly and debate-silencing that that word represents. You could, perhaps, make a case that 'Muslimophobia' does exist for anti-Muslim sentiment, but both that an Islamophobia have been so misused and abused by Islamic apologists that both words are useless
[Is that even a point? Forget the words, lets just worry about the meaning.]

- The constant pushing of the narrative (by partisan, taxpayer-funded outfits like Tell MAMA - who are the exact opposite of the sober, scholarly and honest Jewish CST) that Muslims are a threatened minority in Britain, when the statistics simply, provably don't bear this out one iota
[Pushing of narrative? By 'threatened minority' did they mean reducing in numbers?]

Again, this stuff is not the fault of individual Muslims. It has a mixture of causes - the Government has a large hand to play in this, and in many cases the Islamic extremists have been tacitly, covertly or even funded by the Government. Baroness Warsi, for instance, is a Tory peer and is 'Minister of Faith'. She is also the UK representative for the OIC, an organisation that calls for more religious freedom and less Islamophobia, yet have their own HQ in Saudi Arabia, where even following any religion other than Islam is illegal.
[So a person from Saudi Arabia has no right to call for more religious freedom and less islamphobia? Hmm curious.]

And it's this literalist reading of the Islamic texts that is causing us such trouble in Europe and in Australia, and it is this literal reading of the Quran that is so in conflict with liberal democracies.
[Yes sir, we got your point.]

I've spoken to Muslims who are horrified by this kind of stuff. But there are those Muslims out there who silently (or not so silently) agree with the Islamists, even if they aren't so themselves.
[And what's the ratio by your guess?]

If you don't research what I've mentioned in this comment - there's hours of research to do right there - I shall take it as meaning that you aren't interested in a serious discussion.
[Haha, you are free to think whatever you want sir. I'm just trying to find out whether you hate muslims or not. If you don't, then I don't have to pour through your hours of research, and we can end this discussion.]

Oh, and by the way - if you're a Hindu, how many tens of millions of Hindus have Muslim invaders butchered over the centuries in trying to take control of the Indian subcontinent?
[Cheap shot dude. Ever since I mentioned that my family is Hindu, you've been trying to lick my butt into crossing over. No man, I ain't coming over to the dark side. You are free to start saying the kind of things that xenon13 was saying about Hinduism a few days ago (in News and current events). I dislike all religions equally.]

^ Yes sir, it's all in the brackets.

And while we're at it, may I humbly suggest that you now come out with the truth about how you feel about muslims. Enough beating around the bush. In one post you said most of them are bad, in one you said some are bad. Just tell me your percentage, if you think even half of them are bad, then we have something to talk about. Leave islam out of the discussion, just muslim people. If you think most of them are good ('not bad' will do), then we can end this discussion. Even I'm not stupid enough to think that every single muslim is good. Or every single christian or hindu or atheist or whatever.

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 4:44 am

It's easy to demonise a group of people. I would make an observation about Mislims/Islam though and that is that the people don't make great efforts to integrate, unlike say Jewish people or other Asian religions. On the contrary, Islam tends to want to take over and convert and this is the essential problem in my opinion. But on the other hand if you look at how small a percentage Muslims are within the whole of the UK population I don't personally think we are in danger of a Muslim takeover any time soon.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:04 am

You should come to India some time. Here it's christians who try to take over and convert. Some of my friends tried to take me to a church, tried to convince me into converting. Funny I didn't think of it as a bad quality back then. After reading your comment I don't know what to think.

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:12 am

In the past the Muslim conversion method has been 'Convert or die'. These days, in the UK, it's more a case of presence. You hardly ever see a new church being built but new mosques are often being built or extended. There's a lot of conversion happening in prisons too.

Christianity is a very different religion to Islam. We don't pressurise people as much as Muslims in my opinion and in the UK we aren't really politicised like Muslims usually are ie the religion isn't such an integral part of a person's life. I'm a Christian yet I haven't been to church in years but I still try and adhere to Christian principles. Islam is an insular religion that does not mix well with other religions. For example - I haven't seen any Muslim people on this board. I think FaceofBoo is Muslim by birth but he's an atheist now I think. If I were a Muslim I'd be wanting to defend my faith on here or debate things but there's no one. What does that tell you?

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:35 am

They had 'convert or die' in the UK? Wow. India has forced conversions (hindu->christian, christian->hindu, hindu<->muslim) but I don't know if they are threatened by death. Religion is pure evil man.

I don't go to temples either. I have muslim friends who don't go to mosque or do the namaz thing.
In UK I guess it's different, the new generation is forced to do a lot of things they don't like. You might have seen Bend it like Beckham. Or Goodness Gracious Me. Or this - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... gvNl7Ovz8x
Parents get terrified over 'losing their culture' in a foreign land. Why they wanna go there in the first place is beyond me.

I know an Indian Muslim aspie on WP, but I don't think he's gonna try to defend his faith either. I wouldn't try it if I was muslim. You remember how this guy tried to bully me? Islamophobes are crazy man, you've got to be crazy to mess with them.

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:41 am

No, not in the UK, I meant in the past in places like the Middle East. The UK has never been a muslim country.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:53 am

Well what does Middle East's past have to do with UK or India's present. But forced conversions are bad in any way. Did you know that in India it is impossible to be legally religionless? The government requires you to compulsarily put in a religion. If you don't follow a religion, then they will write your parents religion in your form. Indian atheists make a big hue and cry about it. I would also like to put in 'no religion' though I'm not an atheist. It's not fair to get a religious label pasted on you when you're not religious :(.

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:55 am

I was talking about Islam's history. I'm shocked that you are legally expected to have a religion in India - I never knew this!

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:02 am

nessa238 wrote:
I was talking about Islam's history.

Oh ok.
nessa238 wrote:
I'm shocked that you are legally expected to have a religion in India - I never knew this!

Sucks doesn't it? I hope they change it soon. There are many reforms happening in India right now. This isn't one of the priority ones, but I still hope someone does something about it.

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:41 am

Dhawal wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
I was talking about Islam's history.

Oh ok.
nessa238 wrote:
I'm shocked that you are legally expected to have a religion in India - I never knew this!

Sucks doesn't it? I hope they change it soon. There are many reforms happening in India right now. This isn't one of the priority ones, but I still hope someone does something about it.

Were you born in India? You sound very westernised to me

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 6:59 am

nessa238 wrote:
Were you born in India?

Yeah, born and brought up in India. Haven't left the country even once yet. But I would like to travel when I have have enough dough.
nessa238 wrote:
You sound very westernised to me

American movies, music. But I think most of all it's english medium education that does that to you. In India you can receive education either in your mother tongue or in english. English medium schools have a higher fee structure. Most english medium educated Indians are very westernised.
Check this - http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt107533.html

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:30 am

I see

So in your day to day life which language do you speak most of the time?

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:54 am

My mother tongue is Gujarati, in Ahmedabad everyone speaks Gujarati. Many different states in India have their own language. Some northern states have a common language Hindi, which is our national language.

I know Gujarati Hindi and English languages. Gujarati I cannot write, only speak and read. Hindi-English I can read write and speak (in Indian accent :)).

See this - http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/india/i ... guages.jpg
Ahmedabad city is in Gujarat (in west India).

How do NTs do that?

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 8:04 am

I didn't realise there were so many different languages - that map is really interesting

I've never heard of a lot of those langiages at all

Are they variations on a common language, like dialects or totally different languages?

What about Urdu and Mirpuri? where are they spoken? I've seen them listed on lists of Asian languages that might potentially
be spoken by people in the UK