Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 10:18 am

CNN wrote:
The head of Barilla pasta issued a new apology and said he will meet with gay groups, adding he "has much to learn" about the evolution of the family.

"Through my entire life I have always respected every person I've met, including gays and their families, without any distinctions," he said. "I've never discriminated against anyone." He said the was "depressed and saddened" by the reaction to his comments.

Source: CNN Article

Pass the spaghetti, please ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ParaSait
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2013, 10:21 am

"Guido Barilla, president of Barilla, said on an Italian radio program last week that he wouldn't feature same-sex couples in his company's commercials because he prefers the "traditional" family. The company quickly issued a statement apologizing for the comment. "

... that's all? How is that offensive...

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 11:20 am

ParaSait wrote:
"Guido Barilla, president of Barilla, said on an Italian radio program last week that he wouldn't feature same-sex couples in his company's commercials because he prefers the "traditional" family. The company quickly issued a statement apologizing for the comment. "

Any relation to Padre Guido Sarducci, since Barilla's comments sound like something Pr.Sarducci would say.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:03 pm

ParaSait wrote:

Are you serious? Is there any other minority about whom that statement could be made without triggering a firestorm?

AshTrees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2013, 12:06 pm

I don't think I've ever seen same-sex couples used in advertisements. Has anyone?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

I have seen couples of all sorts in ads, but not enough to match the proportions in the population.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

I've seen it many times before ...

1. Clueless person says something that reveals his or her cluelessness.
2. People get offended.
3. Clueless person apologizes, and vows to reform.
4. Offended people take even greater offense.

Let it drop, people; it's over.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.