Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 10:41 am

Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-iraq-te ... 05289.html?

Truck with "dangerous" radioactive material stolen in Mexico
https://my.news.yahoo.com/quot-dangerou ... 45200.html

People panic so easy, almost like spooking a group of sheep, panic one and the rest follow.
Even if the Uranium was weapons grade, it takes precision instruments to set it off. something that I really doubt some Iranian hill billy is going to be quite capable of. let alone having to use an modern nuclear lab to upgrade it to weapons grade. I would be more afraid of them selling it to North Korea.

As for dirty bombs, the size of the zone affected would be limited to the size of the explosion and wind factors, its nothing like a nuke. vary vary small. its mostly a weapon panic and terrorism. it would actually do vary little damage.

Odds are in either case they will be caught quite soon, people are dumb enough to open cases to make sure the product is there. that leaves a radioactive residue that can be easily spotted and traced. they only screwed them selves.

Any thoughts?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 12:04 pm

Sounds like they grabbed some low grade radioactive material. I have read that the probability of making a 'dirty bomb' is extremely low. The bomb makers have to keep the material encased, or they get exposed and sicken. Then they have to figure out how to blow up the case and the material inside. When you really think about it, a 'dirty bomb' is not very likely. I've read articles like this before, and the follow-up is usually that the would be terrorists die from exposure to the material.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 1:24 pm

Again?!?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/top-nuke-c ... rt/5354182

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 3:20 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Sounds like they grabbed some low grade radioactive material. I have read that the probability of making a 'dirty bomb' is extremely low. The bomb makers have to keep the material encased, or they get exposed and sicken. Then they have to figure out how to blow up the case and the material inside. When you really think about it, a 'dirty bomb' is not very likely. I've read articles like this before, and the follow-up is usually that the would be terrorists die from exposure to the material.

they would only have to put it in a cardboard box to be safe its not gama rays
heck you can buy yellow cake uranium off amazon no problem

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2014, 11:43 am

The uranium isn't a big deal; it's barely radioactive and in terms of general toxicity it's around in the same territory as lead. Of course, terrorists stealing uranium makes for much scarier sounding story than if they stole a bunch of car batteries, but the danger's about the same. The cobalt 60 is more of a concern; it's a pretty effective poison, but when you consider the abundance of similarly deadly poisons that are much easier to acquire, it's still far from apocalypic stuff. A terrorist could likely do far more damage, for a lot less bother by getting a job at a pie factory and bringing some rat poison to work one day.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 4:14 pm

Arcanyn wrote:
The uranium isn't a big deal; it's barely radioactive and in terms of general toxicity it's around in the same territory as lead. Of course, terrorists stealing uranium makes for much scarier sounding story than if they stole a bunch of car batteries, but the danger's about the same. The cobalt 60 is more of a concern; it's a pretty effective poison, but when you consider the abundance of similarly deadly poisons that are much easier to acquire, it's still far from apocalypic stuff. A terrorist could likely do far more damage, for a lot less bother by getting a job at a pie factory and bringing some rat poison to work one day.

those guys that stole the truck did not even want the cobalt or even knew it was there they wanted the fancy truck with a crane on the side

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm

chris5000 wrote:
they would only have to put it in a cardboard box to be safe its not gama rays
heck you can buy yellow cake uranium off amazon no problem

Although if they are dumb enough to think they have the stuff that bombs are made of, they may be dumb enough to hear "yellow cake" and think it would make for a tasty treat.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

AspergianMutantt wrote:

People panic so easy, almost like spooking a group of sheep, panic one and the rest follow.
Even if the Uranium was weapons grade, it takes precision instruments to set it off. something that I really doubt some Iranian hill billy is going to be quite capable of. let alone having to use an modern nuclear lab to upgrade it to weapons grade. I would be more afraid of them selling it to North Korea.

As for dirty bombs, the size of the zone affected would be limited to the size of the explosion and wind factors, its nothing like a nuke. vary vary small. its mostly a weapon panic and terrorism. it would actually do vary little damage.

Odds are in either case they will be caught quite soon, people are dumb enough to open cases to make sure the product is there. that leaves a radioactive residue that can be easily spotted and traced. they only screwed them selves.

I don't think you should discount the possibility of persons in Iran, or any other country, having the knowledge or understanding and implementing the process of converting radioactive materials, uranium, plutonium etc. People in other countries attend University and attain knowledge and expertise. Intelligence is not some genetic ability endowed only to certain groups of people in specific locations of the world.

Any thoughts?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 4:41 pm

khaoz wrote:
AspergianMutantt wrote:

I don't think you should discount the possibility of persons in Iran, or any other country, having the knowledge or understanding and implementing the process of converting radioactive materials, uranium, plutonium etc. People in other countries attend University and attain knowledge and expertise. Intelligence is not some genetic ability endowed only to certain groups of people in specific locations of the world.

Any thoughts?

Iran has no interest in a nuclear war they interested in civil nuclear for power they know their oilfields are starting to dry up they haven't invaded a country in over 200 years

you know how the biggest pusher for war with iran is? its israel they have been pushing for war for years
im pretty sure a invasion of iran would go pretty badly the country is a fortress geographically their army is trained in insurgency and conventional war. if they cant go toe to toe with the invader their soldiers are trained to dump their uniforms and each one of them form a cell recruiting civilians and go into insurgency mode and to date no one has beat a true insurgency