Republican who said 'Hitler was right' wins Missouri primary

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2018, 11:36 pm

Serpentine wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Not to mention Trump's Nazis continue to scream and use his platforms every time they launch another one of their vile hate crimes against minorities.

His refusal to condemn those actions is quite damning too.

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division," Trump posted on Twitter Saturday morning. "We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides," Trump said during a short statement from his private golf club in New Jersey. "It has been going on for a long time in our country -- not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America."

By "many sides" he was condeming both white supremacists and Antifa. He condemned it and that's a fact. If you don't like how he condemned it, then so be it; but don't say that he didn't condemn it.

In before I get called a trumptard, just as people on the other side called me a liberal for correcting them on falsehoods against Obama. :roll:

Me (blue man in middle), surrounded by fanatic partisans:

Edit:
Forgot to note that I had to make two posts because the one above is too long.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2018, 11:52 pm

Strange how many times something like this occurs under Trumps nose without his "knowledge". Let's stop making up lies about Trump guys-he's a patriot

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 11:54 pm

Serpentine wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Not to mention Trump's Nazis continue to scream and use his platforms every time they launch another one of their vile hate crimes against minorities.

His refusal to condemn those actions is quite damning too.

For example the infamous, "Very fine people on both sides" dog whistle he used when addressing the Nazi rally in Charlottesville during which a counterprotester was deliberately run over and killed. When one side is the Nazis, there are not very fine people on both sides. He seems to conveniently forget how many American, Allied and innocent civilian lives were lost to the Nazis during WWII. There was a time not too very long ago when marching down the street wearing swastikas and screaming "Blood and soil!" would elicit a universally negative (and very likely violent) response. We're losing the people who actually fought in or remember that war though, and our historical memories are abysmally short.

But hey, they support him, so anything goes. Heaven forbid he should offend the David Dukes of the world by explicitly condemning those types of atrocities, especially when committed by people wearing MAGA hats.

Sometimes it's what he doesn't say that stands out even more than what he does say... which is plenty bad enough.

Very true.

It’s also telling that some right wingers called him out for doing so as well, which again makes it bipartisan that he didn’t handle it like he should have at all.

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 19 Aug 2018, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 11:56 pm

SZWell wrote:
Strange how many times something like this occurs under Trumps nose without his "knowledge". Let's stop making up lies about Trump guys-he's a patriot

It’s utterly sickening how Trump supporters have corrupted the term “patriot” to mean basically representing aryan supremacy against everyone who isn’t a white/straight/cis/natural born citizen/Christian.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 12:00 am

I’ll leave it at this - Hyeok, scanned through everything you put:

Simply put: all of us read and pay attention and that is why we take issue.

The insinuations against people aren’t needed and all of that could have easily been posted without them.

Also while Trump isn’t that bright, I think he’s bright enough to know if he was open as the example you gave evidence of (the baby one) - even all Republicans would be yelling for him to be kicked out of office (or at least I would hope so).

I’ll leave this to SZ and Serp.

Off to continue ‘Luke Cage.’

Last edited by Spooky_Mulder on 20 Aug 2018, 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2018, 12:10 am

SZWell wrote:

Again, waiting for a primary source if it's related to something Trump says, or a government source if it's policy.
"WASHINGTON - A White House speechwriter for President Donald Trump was terminated last week after revelations that he had spoken at a conference attended by well-known white nationalists, according to three people familiar with the decision who were not authorized to speak publicly."

Wouldn't Trump have kept him, and not fired him, after finding out Beattie's involvement with white supremacists, if Trump were the white supremacist you say he is? Wouldn't Trump, your alleged white supremacist, have gone as far as to make him the lead of the speechwriting team and not fire the low level lackey that he was?

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
It’s utterly sickening how Trump supporters have corrupted the term “patriot” to mean basically representing aryan supremacy against everyone who isn’t a white/straight/cis/natural born citizen/Christian.

You know I am not a white supremacist; but, I'm also gonna correct you there, and not in defense of them bur rather for your benefit since, if you encounter any European ethnonationalists, they will use this against you if you are not specific: Aryan supremacists do not like white Americans because they are seen as "mutts." Aryan supremacy exists as a serious entity in Europe (Europeans and Americans have different views of supremacy, in Europe, supremacists see their ethnic group as the "supreme race" while in America, it basically goes by skin color since almost everyone that is white here is of mixed European ethnic background) and sees the Proto-Aryans as the supreme race above their own localized ethnic group, though they did have a thing such as "honorary Aryans" (used by the Third Reich, mostly on Arab allies, to elevate their status and as a way of giving "praise").

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
The insinuations against people aren’t needed and all of that could have easily been posted without them.

I actually made no insinuations against people and even gave you praise. I'm not the kind of person to retract praise, since I give credit where it's due; but, dude, this is tiresome, you always try to find something bad in my message to see as an attack against you in some way when there's not. I hope one day you come to understand that, and that others do. Give me benefit of the doubt for once.
Side note, I also think you should read my long post; I don't think you would've replied in the way you did if you had. Instead you scanned it and claimed that I was insinuating something.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson

Last edited by Hyeokgeose on 20 Aug 2018, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 12:18 am

These are called insinuations:

“I actually watched that speech (guaranteed none of you did).”

“at least Spooky somewhat did, but I'm certain he didn't even read this article he provided).”

I recommend not making insinuations about the members here. But, it’s your call.

As said though, I’m off.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2018, 12:22 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
These are called insinuations:

“I actually watched that speech (guaranteed none of you did).”

“at least Spooky somewhat did, but I'm certain he didn't even read this article he provided).”

How does that suggest something bad? Reason for the first one is that I think you would've admitted that not all of the content on the opinion article you posted is completely correct. As for the article portion, I establish my thought of certainty that you did not read it since you likely googled for a list and slapped a link here, and further provided that you didn't even pull out any individual instances from the article to showcase.

Edit:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
I recommend not making insinuations about the members here. But, it’s your call.

Even though I'm not making any insinuations, I would like to recommend that you not insult people.
Like when you said this, "Either you lack reading comprehension or - I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt - you confused me with Serpentine." That was an insinuation, and a direct insult at the same time.
I honestly haven't been trying to insinuate anything; but, I can pull up a long list of you insulting users or, in this case, making a very clear insinuation (of which, as said already, was also used as a direct attack).

-Stefán Karl Stefánsson

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 1:06 am

Actually as seen there I gave you the benefit of the doubt. That’s a common phrase which means the first statement is likely not correct.

But, we’ll see man. As said, just friendly advice. This will be my last reply to you on this site unless I just dump urls as I did above. It’s not worth my energy so just a heads up - not ignoring per se, just it takes up too much energy from me.

Sincerely, have a great night though and God bless.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2018, 1:27 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
Actually as seen there I gave you the benefit of the doubt. That’s a common phrase which means the first statement is likely not correct.

But, we’ll see man. As said, just friendly advice. This will be my last reply to you on this site unless I just dump urls as I did above. It’s not worth my energy so just a heads up - not ignoring per se, just it takes up too much energy from me.

Sincerely, have a great night though and God bless.

"Friendly advice" coming from the man who not only directly insults me and insinuates things, then tries to say I'm insinuating something; but has also insulted other users and has hundreds of posts filled with negative troll-level content that directly attacks specific demographics of people. Just, all right man, whatever. I'll remind myself that the important thing is, I know I'm not insinuating anything and you cannot define who I am for me.

Good night to you too. Jupiter is around its best viewing point at this time of the night and one of my favorite of God's gifts in the night sky.

-Stefán Karl Stefánsson

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2018, 2:01 am

Out of curiousity, why aren't you pro Trump or per-se a Trump supporter? And to what do you attribute his historically low approval ratings among Americans and minorities, at that?

Finally, because I don't think I've heard you say it, do you believe birtherism was founded in anything other than racism?

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2018, 2:18 am

SZWell wrote:
Out of curiousity, why aren't you pro Trump or per-se a Trump supporter? And to what do you attribute his historically low approval ratings among Americans and minorities, at that?

Finally, because I don't think I've heard you say it, do you believe birtherism was founded in anything other than racism?

Firstly, I'm a libertarian. Socially liberal and fiscally paleoconservative (as I like to say, because I believe in a freer market than neoliberals/modern conservatives). My political platform differs from his, and so right off the bat I'm not going to support him due to differences in our platform. I give him credit where he is due, and give him flak where it is due (which, I'll note that I am more prone to giving him more flak when talking to conservatives while more prone to giving him credit when talking to liberals -- both sides hate me for that, needless to say). I also do not like having him as our "first citizen/model citizen" due to his social media behavior. I do appreciate his strong diplomatic stances, when putting aside some of the more immature aspects of it. Also, like former President Obama, I don't want his administration to crash and burn because I don't want to sink (especially since I can't flee this country yet :lol: ).

As for his low ratings among minorities, I don't go based on what other people say or think. I go based on what the individual says and more importantly, does. Actions speak way louder than words to me, and I am a man of action and look at the actions for that reason. And I noticed you pointed out his actions and not words earlier, and I actually applaud that -- we might be on the same page in that regard. Would you agree that too many people just accept words and too often overlook actions (which often are maneuvered when the masses are distracted)?

Lastly, I actually don't think birtherism is racist -- his own grandmother and half-brother, who (the brother) went as far as to display a fake birth certificate, claim that former President Obama was born in Kenya; but, at this point, we all know Malik is a very interesting character (funny guy, but very immature). At this point, how many people are birthers anyway? I'd say it's down to a handful of radicals. Also, to be clear, I am not a birther theorist. If birthers said other politicians with African heritage are also born in Africa and not from here, then that's when I'd be raising an eyebrow and become concerned about birtherism being racist.

-Stefán Karl Stefánsson

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 2:23 am

Hyeokgeose wrote:
Firstly, I'm a libertarian. Socially liberal and fiscally paleoconservative (as I like to say, because I believe in a freer market than neoliberals/modern conservatives).

I'm a classical liberal (mild libertarian), but the details of what I would support are very different. You would support things I wouldn't; I supported a relaxation of the position on handguns and was greeted with rage. Britain really is quite an anti-gun society - we differ really on things like that.

Hyeokgeose wrote:
My political platform differs from his

As does mine, but it's really about power with him. There is I don't think the right option for people like me in U.S. politics.

Hyeokgeose wrote:
I give him credit where he is due, and give him flak where it is due (which, I'll note that I am more prone to giving him more flak when talking to conservatives while more prone to giving him credit when talking to liberals -- both sides hate me for that, needless to say).

I haven't managed to see his speeches. One thing I must say is that much of it is for domestic U.S. consumption and I feel it unfair to intrude on politics there. Yes, I did wear the campaign T-shirt.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2018, 2:30 am

Tequila wrote:
I'm a classical liberal (mild libertarian), but the details of what I would support are very different. You would support things I wouldn't; I supported a relaxation of the position on handguns and was greeted with rage. Britain really is quite an anti-gun society - we differ really on things like that.

I do support a relaxation on gun control here, though I guess the US might look like ancapistan compared to the UK on gun laws I'd reckon.

But I think I see what you're saying. Really different environments n all.

-Stefán Karl Stefánsson

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2018, 2:32 am

If you support the American gun model here you're seen as insane. I prefer to use the attitude of the New Zealand model now rather than the U.S. one. It's kind of a bit more relaxed. It's a gun control model formed by Intelligence - who wants the weapons, what are they like, are they any trouble, what are they capable of? And so on. We don't want another Thomas Hamilton, we want responsible gun owners.

Again, though, not my argument. It's an argument from paper, not one from experience.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2018, 2:35 am

Trump responded only after days of pressure from both parties to say something. The silence was deafening. I remember that very well. Even then he never specifically called out white supremacists nor denounced the ideology and hatred that was behind the event. His statements were hardly a rebuke to them.

Hyeokgeose, I genuinely don't understand why you feel the need to defend him. Sometimes (OK, quite often) the guy is just flat-out wrong. He doesn't need someone to defend everything he does, though he has plenty of vocal supporters who do just that. This seems like an odd battle to pick. There's playing devil's advocate and there's launching an impassioned defense of the indefensible. This seems to be more the latter. You've spent a great deal of time and effort on a topic on which--if I understand correctly--you state you are neutral. That's not a personal attack, just an observation. I admit befuddlement.

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki