Actor Alec Baldwin shoots 2 people, killing one of them.

Page 2 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 1:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Now to sit back and wait for Fox to equate the deaths with Baldwin's left wing politics.

You're doing a good enough job there yourself...

Most of the commentators on the right who I have seen have merely been reacting to Mr Baldwin in an equivalent manner\attitude to that which he had taken towards others - no need for them to bring political alignment into it when his own prior words\attitudes\personality are more than adequate.

For example the following seems to have a few retweets: https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/status/1451416461109514242
(Unfortunately, I couldn't find a screenshot)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 3:49 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Now to sit back and wait for Fox to equate the deaths with Baldwin's left wing politics.

You're doing a good enough job there yourself...

Most of the commentators on the right who I have seen have merely been reacting to Mr Baldwin in an equivalent manner\attitude to that which he had taken towards others - no need for them to bring political alignment into it when his own prior words\attitudes\personality are more than adequate.

For example the following seems to have a few retweets: https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/status/1451416461109514242
(Unfortunately, I couldn't find a screenshot)

Again, I said Fox, as in Fox news.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 4:07 am

So, we're supposed to react to an imaginary hypothetical FOX reaction?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Oct 2021, 4:13 am

One thing I don't get: why was a stage prop gun loaded with real ammo? 8O

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 4:34 am

magz wrote:
One thing I don't get: why was a stage prop gun loaded with real ammo? 8O

I think it unlikely that it was an actual bullet. More likely is something came loose inside and was blown out the barrel when it was fired. I read somewhere that they use double charges in blanks for photogenic purposes...if there was a fault with that prop gun this extra force could've caused the accident.

We'll know more when the projectile is retrieved.

My thoughts are with the family of the victim. Tragic.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Oct 2021, 4:59 am

Yes, tragic :(
I wonder how it will influence future safety norms.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 5:09 am

Quite honestly I don't see why they need something that can fire a blank. With CGI you can not only add the muzzle flash but also the 'kick' and the spent shell being ejected plus the noise.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 11:04 am

It appears that the director's injuries were not too serious:

Quote:
Souza’s reps confirmed to Deadline on Friday morning that the 48-year-old filmmaker was released from Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center in Santa Fe.

A distraught Baldwin repeatedly asked why he was given a “hot gun” — a firearm with live ammunition — after his prop weapon discharged on his New Mexico film set Thursday at Bonanza Creek Ranch in Sante Fe.

“In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun,” the actor allegedly kept saying, an eyewitness told Hollywood gossip site Showbiz 411.

The film set was sent into lockdown and production was halted immediately after the accidental double shooting, which unfolded at about 2 p.m. Thursday.

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/prop-gun-used-by-alec-baldwin-in-shooting-contained-live-round-union/

Another Baldwin had an interesting view of Alec Baldwin's words:
Quote:
"In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun…"

If he really said that, then how would he know unless he'd inspected every gun he's ever been handed?

Which would raise the obvious follow up: Why neglect to inspect *this* gun before aiming it at people?

Source: https://twitter.com/AdamBaldwin/status/1451572402215735299

However, if what was being filmed required a camera to record the actions of a revolver where the rounds are externally visible, then the shells loaded would have had to appear "real", whereas it is possible all other times the guns used did not have this "feature" and so ammunition which was visibly different would have been used. If so, then in this case, he would have to rely on his experience with firearms and live rounds to be able to tell the difference, and it appears he hadn't done much in this line to educate himself on the subject...

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 12:14 pm

Very sad.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 12:15 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Somebody always feels like they have to stir the pot.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 12:25 pm

Why do tragedies like this happen? You'd think that in a major movie production, there'd be endless safeguards in place to keep it from happening.

Terrible!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 12:29 pm

This reminds me of some actor that got killed on set during a shooting because someone replaced blank bullets with real ones so when the other actor shot it, it was supposed to only make a sound but real bullets came out and hit the actor and everyone thought he was acting until he wasn't responding and they realized he had actually been shot. I forget what the actor's name was that died on set but this was the 1970s.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 5:26 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Uh... no. I'm suggesting that Fox, going by their record, may get around to just that. I'm not suggesting Fox be attacked out of the blue, in the meantime, for something they haven't done yet.
I was certainly right about Fox's Tucker Carlson claiming Colin Powell's death was the result of the impotency of the Covid Vaccine. I'm still willing to bet Fox will take the low road, again.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 5:32 pm

Two words came to mind first few seconds i heard this story on tv: Brandon Lee.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 6:50 pm

Replacement Non- union worker was in charge of the prop gun.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... p-gun/amp/

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 7:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Replacement Non- union worker was in charge of the prop gun.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... p-gun/amp/

Hmm, seems to confirm my theory about a revolver and the frontal shot, though I'm confused by their use of the term "misfire", as that typically refers to a malfunction of the firearm, and not an inadvertent discharge as seems to have happened here. The pictures show a single action revolver, and those typically have very light trigger pulls to begin with, so perhaps they're referring to other people prematurely firing them on the set? Regardless, none of that should have mattered if they'd kept live ammo off the set.