F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 12 of 60 [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 60  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Aug 2022, 12:14 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Trump is going up the river. Everyone is abandoning him. Only his little cult worships him. Still terrified he'll be reelected.

Why would anyone look forward to the potential results of him getting elected again? :?

My point is if he's going up the river, everyone is abandoning him, and only his little cult worships him, then no one should be worried about him being reelected.


I don't think his cult is little. Still, I doubt that he would be reelected.


It don’t take a cult, it just takes voters who favor Trump over Biden. I think it’s safe to say more people hate Biden than Trump and that’s all it’ll take. Biden and his ilk are helping to ensure a republican victory.


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,148
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 12:58 pm

When the time comes, we shall see. But Trump is going through a low ebb now----and it could very well get worse.

I don't delight in "owning the conservatives."

I just can't see why people can't see how Trump (whether he's Republican, Democratic, or whatever) is detrimental for the USA. And how he inspired the Capitol Riot.

Any Republican who buys the Trump con job-----is hyperpartisan in the sense that they are blind to the faults of Trump.

If Trump were a liberal Democrat, I still would feel the same about him. He deserves to be indicted.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,457
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 1:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Trump is going up the river. Everyone is abandoning him. Only his little cult worships him. Still terrified he'll be reelected.
Why would anyone look forward to the potential results of him getting elected again?
My point is if he's going up the river, everyone is abandoning him, and only his little cult worships him, then no one should be worried about him being reelected.
I don't think his cult is little. Still, I doubt that he would be reelected.
Seeing as how a trusted insider ratted out the locations of the documents Mr. Trump had stored at Mar-A-Lago, it seems reasonable to expect more such defections.

The mole was probably working at Mara-a-Lago as maintenance worker or security guard, who knew every inch of the facility. I've actually worked as a security guard in a billionaire's facility, and I knew where everything was. I liked hanging out in his fancy office.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,457
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 1:48 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Trump is going up the river. Everyone is abandoning him. Only his little cult worships him. Still terrified he'll be reelected.

Why would anyone look forward to the potential results of him getting elected again? :?


One of the very favorable benefits is what it’ll do to liberals. I’m being as sincere as hell when I say that.

I'd like to see their whole political world come crumbling down starting with the midterms.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,129
Location: Long Island, New York

11 Aug 2022, 1:49 pm

Since this is now basically a PPR thread.

As a person who has been constantly critical of the BLM movement, CRT, wokeness and was told over and over again that people like me are racist because that is the only possible reason to oppose the “anti racism” agenda, are racist due to our “white privilege”, that massively destructive riots of 2020 were a few incidents or false flag incidents by the white supremacists(you know like Jan 6th was an Antifa attack), the we were either being intentionally hyperbolic or sheep enablers of deliberate hyperbole, I most certainly understand the emotions involved in a purely own the libs vote.

But it is stupid because if the person you voted for wins old cliche of being sorry when you what you wished for, or your person might lose because you just validated everybody and everything you hate.

Now to try and elevate this
Trump Will Release the Warrant When it’s good for Trump, and not before by David French for the Atlantic

Quote:
Rarely in the annals of public controversy has so much certainty been expressed in the face of such great ignorance. With very few exceptions, the Republican Party has coalesced around Donald Trump and expressed the fierce conviction that the Department of Justice’s decision to serve a search warrant on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence was a grotesque abuse of power.

There’s a notable problem with this conclusion: The American public still hasn’t seen the search warrant. Trump’s lawyers have it, and they’ve described it in vague terms, but they have not released it. One of his attorneys, Christina Bobb, appeared on Real America’s Voice (an obscure far-right media network) and said that the warrant sought “classified documents, evidence of a crime as far as classified documents go,” and “presidential records.”

This disclosure—which corroborates disclosures by anonymous sources in the immediate aftermath of the search—tells us little of real value. The term classified documents encompasses a wide range of material, from documents that are relatively benign to documents that, if released into the wrong hands, could inflict real damage to the national security of the United States.

During my military career, I handled thousands of classified documents. More than once, I read an email or reviewed a document and wondered why it was stamped secret. Overclassification is a real problem in the military, and we keep confidential many documents that the public could see without consequence.

At the same time, I’d review other documents and immediately understand the reason for caution. Their disclosure could compromise military operations and cost lives.

In short, Americans shouldn’t really know what to think about the search.

A copy of the warrant won’t resolve the dispute, but it can help the public understand what’s at stake. The DOJ doesn’t release warrant applications (and the present application is reportedly under seal), but it does release the warrant itself—to the owner of the property its agents search. And that warrant will typically detail both the items sought and the federal criminal statutes relevant to the search.

Trump isn’t just the former president; he’s the current front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination. He’s the once and potentially future president of the United States. And he holds in his hands a document that’s extraordinarily relevant to his fitness for office. A responsible politician would release that information to the public. Yet a “source close to Trump” told NBC’s Vaughn Hillyard, “No, we’re not releasing a copy of the warrant.”

The reason is obvious. Holding on to the warrant might be bad for the country—leaving us largely in the dark, fighting furiously over hypotheticals—but for now it’s very good for Trump.

To understand why, it’s important to understand how Trumpism thrives. Trumpism as a cultural and political movement depends a great deal on both the extraordinary loyalty of his supporters and the overreaction of his opponents. Each phenomenon feeds on the other.

The loyalty was apparent from the moment Trump confirmed the search. Without knowing anything about the reason for the search, the right exploded with rage. Trump didn’t have to rebut any allegations, excuse any embarrassing revelations, or even do anything more than express outrage at his alleged mistreatment; the right still rallied to his side.

Why release a document that might complicate the matter? As that same source told Hillyard, there is a “complete circling of the wagons” around Trump. He doesn’t need to be transparent to preserve his base.

At the same time, the refusal to release the warrant feeds frenzied speculation on the left. What is he hiding? How bad is it? That speculation, perversely enough, is good for Trump. Right-wing media outlets pick the most improbable allegations and use them to reaffirm the Republican contention that the left is unhinged. And the wilder they perceive the left to be, the more Trump’s supporters on the right see him as the only leader truly prepared to fight the enemies of the republic.

Make no mistake, recent examples of irresponsible speculation abound. The infamous Steele dossier, for example, led countless Americans to believe that Trump was a fully compromised Russian asset.

The result was a right-wing public that was inoculated against even the worst revelations in the Mueller report. If they weren’t as bad as the wildest allegations had implied, then—in their minds—Trump had won.

A similar dynamic may be unfolding now. Trump doesn’t have to release the warrant to maintain his support. The GOP is standing by his side. In fact, it’s locked arms so emphatically that it might cause possible Republican presidential contenders to think twice before deciding to challenge Trump.

We’re left with a grim bottom line: For Trump to be transparent is in the public interest, but that’s not his primary concern. He might let us see the warrant, but not when it’s good for the country. He’ll let us see it when it’s good for Trump, because “good for Trump” is the only standard that truly matters for the man and the cult he has made.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,888
Location: Stendec

11 Aug 2022, 2:37 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump Will Release the Warrant When it’s good for Trump, and not before . . .

That may not happen now . . .

The Justice Department has asked a court to unseal the search warrant the FBI received before searching the Florida estate of former President Donald Trump, Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday.

Garland cited the "substantial public interest in this matter" in announcing the request at a hastily scheduled Justice Department news conference.

Garland also said that he personally approved the search warrant, which was part of an ongoing Justice Department investigation into the discovery of classified White House records recovered from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Florida earlier this year.

It was not immediately clear if and when the unsealing request, filed in federal court in Miami, might be granted or when the documents could be released.


 Source 


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,129
Location: Long Island, New York

11 Aug 2022, 2:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump Will Release the Warrant When it’s good for Trump, and not before . . .

That may not happen now . . .

The Justice Department has asked a court to unseal the search warrant the FBI received before searching the Florida estate of former President Donald Trump, Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday.

Garland cited the "substantial public interest in this matter" in announcing the request at a hastily scheduled Justice Department news conference.

Garland also said that he personally approved the search warrant, which was part of an ongoing Justice Department investigation into the discovery of classified White House records recovered from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Florida earlier this year.

It was not immediately clear if and when the unsealing request, filed in federal court in Miami, might be granted or when the documents could be released.


 Source 

Mistake. This is reactive and thus letting the MAGA’s set the agenda. While until now it was all speculation the MAGA’s now have a concrete example where Trump is being treated differently then a normal suspect. Now that they have given in it emboldens the MAGA’s to double down on the violent threats and makes it easier for Garland to keep giving in more and more. The ultimate goal is to make it impossible to find an unbiased jury leading to endless delays and possible conviction being thrown out or the DOJ throwing up their hands in surrender because prosecuting Trump became a lost cause.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,888
Location: Stendec

11 Aug 2022, 2:58 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
. . . prosecuting Trump became a lost cause.
Wait for it . . .


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,924
Location: Seattle-ish

11 Aug 2022, 4:44 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I hope your frustration and need to retaliate with a vote won't take you to the point of voting for someone who will do their darn best to destroy our constitutional checks and balances and Democracy as we know it.


If that's what it takes to destroy the current left, than that's what it takes.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Are you referencing local policies that have had a detrimental effect on your businesses and quality of life when you mention "they won't leave me alone?"


Among other things. I'd love to just be able to live my life and not pay attention to politics, like a normal person, but every time I turn around the left is trying to make me a felon for something I own, or drum me out of business for having the wrong opinion that was completely normal 15 minutes ago, I'm tired of it. Add in the smug self righteousness and endless moralizing from some of the truly dumbest and most ignorant people I've met in my life, and voting for an obnoxious politician starts to seem like the positively restrained option vs others that I have on the table.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Aug 2022, 5:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I hope your frustration and need to retaliate with a vote won't take you to the point of voting for someone who will do their darn best to destroy our constitutional checks and balances and Democracy as we know it.


If that's what it takes to destroy the current left, than that's what it takes.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Are you referencing local policies that have had a detrimental effect on your businesses and quality of life when you mention "they won't leave me alone?"


Among other things. I'd love to just be able to live my life and not pay attention to politics, like a normal person, but every time I turn around the left is trying to make me a felon for something I own, or drum me out of business for having the wrong opinion that was completely normal 15 minutes ago, I'm tired of it. Add in the smug self righteousness and endless moralizing from some of the truly dumbest and most ignorant people I've met in my life, and voting for an obnoxious politician starts to seem like the positively restrained option vs others that I have on the table.

Trust me, your sentiment is a growing one. I've never seen such pure searing hatred in some people's eyes as when progressives and progressive doctrine are mentioned. They don't just make jokes like they used to, they want to kill.


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Aug 2022, 5:14 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I worry more about Biden when it comes to initiating a nuclear holocaust, since he's been a war monger his entire career. Trump didn't start a new war during his four years, but of course didn't live up to his campaign promise of ending them either.


Trump was working tirelessly to get us into a war with Iran, and would have delivered us that war by now if he had been reelected.

In contrast Biden has subtracted one war, Afghanistan, from our grocery list of wars.


Oh, Jesus Christ! That's hilarious! Oh, we're out of Afganistan, but Biden has already bombed Syria, Somalia, and put us in a very dangerous situation with Russia.

Trump actually backed down on Iran. I give credit where it is due.

And let's not forget all those weapons this administration gifted to the Taliban.


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,018
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Aug 2022, 5:28 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I worry more about Biden when it comes to initiating a nuclear holocaust, since he's been a war monger his entire career. Trump didn't start a new war during his four years, but of course didn't live up to his campaign promise of ending them either.


Trump was working tirelessly to get us into a war with Iran, and would have delivered us that war by now if he had been reelected.

In contrast Biden has subtracted one war, Afghanistan, from our grocery list of wars.


Oh, Jesus Christ! That's hilarious! Oh, we're out of Afganistan, but Biden has already bombed Syria, Somalia, and put us in a very dangerous situation with Russia.

Trump actually backed down on Iran. I give credit where it is due.


Trump 'backed down' from the crise he himself created? Whoopie.

Let me in on the joke. How exactly is it 'hilarious'?

Did Biden force Putin at gunpoint to invade Ukraine?


How did Trump create the Iran crisis?

We are sending billions if dollars to the Ukraine to keep this conflict going, plus he's using terms like "regime change " which is extremely f*****g dangerous.


If you condemn Biden for keeping the Ukrainian conflict going by sending them arms, then by your logic, Roosevelt was wrong to have sent war supplies to Britain even before our entry into WWII.
As for Biden's talk about the need for regime change in Russia: when Joe's right, he's right.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,274
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

11 Aug 2022, 5:40 pm

Image


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,924
Location: Seattle-ish

11 Aug 2022, 5:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
Trust me, your sentiment is a growing one. I've never seen such pure searing hatred in some people's eyes as when progressives and progressive doctrine are mentioned. They don't just make jokes like they used to, they want to kill.


Yeah, it's definitely feeling that way, even a lot of normie liberals will confess to not being thrilled with the progressives if you can get them to talk over a beer offline, but anytime someone might be watching they'll put up the united front. The other thing is that the hacks writing about political "extremism" and "radicalization" have things exactly backwards, they think people fall down some online rabbit hole and mainline a bunch of weird chan content and suddenly emerge pissed off and ready to go, when for the vast majority of people the process is more interacting with your friends and relatives and realizing that they've all seemingly joined a cult, and wanting to see that cult smashed to pieces.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,018
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Aug 2022, 6:35 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Image


:lol: :lol: :lol:
And yet, wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out to be true?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,148
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 6:40 pm

Things just might proceed at a fast rate over the coming weeks......

Common sense will win out.