President Madison’s 1813 crystal flute played by Grammy

Page 3 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,669
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

05 Oct 2022, 2:15 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
What Miley did was true "twerking". The lady's posterior bumping against the crotch of a gentleman.

Lizzo shook her scantilly clad leg so the flesh quivered. No partner on stage. I suppose that it was rather "taste impaired" too.


I've never heard of twerking requiring that. You could twerk against someone's crotch but it is not required to be considered true twerking.


_________________
We won't go back.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,368
Location: temperate zone

05 Oct 2022, 3:22 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
What Miley did was true "twerking". The lady's posterior bumping against the crotch of a gentleman.

Lizzo shook her scantilly clad leg so the flesh quivered. No partner on stage. I suppose that it was rather "taste impaired" too.


I've never heard of twerking requiring that. You could twerk against someone's crotch but it is not required to be considered true twerking.


I dont see it that way.

My first intro to it, and the fact that I am hetero male, biases me. But...

I was deejaying for a party back in the 90s or early 2000s. A middle aged farmer guy and his young trophy wife were celebrating his birthday out on his farm. The Trophy wife and her younger generation friends all broke out into what I described...that latest dance move to some current top 40 record I played. I didnt yet know that there was a word for for what they were doing but- my body still hasnt quite recovered from the sudden overdose of lust I got from watching them. :lol:

If its boy and girl couples (as with Miley Cyrus) then its the real deal.

What Lizzo did was tacky without actually being very lust inspiring to the (straight male) observer. No comparison.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,229
Location: Aux Arcs

05 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm

Lizzo was just trying to get more vibrato out of the flute.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,953
Location: Queens, NYC

05 Oct 2022, 4:43 pm

Lizzo is classically-trained. I like her.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,391
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Oct 2022, 4:47 am

There were also plenty of other Republican talking heads who made an issue of Lizzo's weight. There's something else about her appearance that I'm sure many of them are objecting to, but are afraid to say it out loud.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

06 Oct 2022, 5:20 am

Lizzo's stage costumes are clearly designed to accentuate and put focus on her obesity.

As for her being black, if a black musician is supposed to be a rarity, or controversial just because they're black, then the wokeies are trying to take us even further back in time than the 70s.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,953
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Oct 2022, 8:22 am

Condoleeza Rice is a prominent Republican black musician.

She doesn't like Trump, by the way....



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

06 Oct 2022, 10:11 am

Why does Trump have to mentioned in practically every thread in this forum?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,953
Location: Queens, NYC

06 Oct 2022, 10:37 am

I'm just referring to the fact that "Republican" does not necessarily mean "Trump."



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

06 Oct 2022, 11:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm just referring to the fact that "Republican" does not necessarily mean "Trump."

Well in that case Kanye West is a very popular black musician and a Republican and a MAGA.

Image

Although I don't know what any of that has to do with Lizzo.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,391
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Oct 2022, 3:23 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm just referring to the fact that "Republican" does not necessarily mean "Trump."

Well in that case Kanye West is a very popular black musician and a Republican and a MAGA.

Image

Although I don't know what any of that has to do with Lizzo.


West is also a severely mentally ill man who went out of his way to court Trump. Trump, being the salesman (con man) that he is, understood how embracing West would supposedly help him with his negative PR regarding African Americans.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,391
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Oct 2022, 3:27 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Lizzo's stage costumes are clearly designed to accentuate and put focus on her obesity.

As for her being black, if a black musician is supposed to be a rarity, or controversial just because they're black, then the wokeies are trying to take us even further back in time than the 70s.


Of course black musicians aren't a rarity, as the arts were one of the few venues not closed entirely to them.
The fact that Lizzo is black is the real reason why so many Republican talking heads had made a stink about her playing a flute that had touched Madison's white lips. They just weren't going to say it outright.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,368
Location: temperate zone

06 Oct 2022, 5:54 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
What Miley did was true "twerking". The lady's posterior bumping against the crotch of a gentleman.

Lizzo shook her scantilly clad leg so the flesh quivered. No partner on stage. I suppose that it was rather "taste impaired" too.


I've never heard of twerking requiring that. You could twerk against someone's crotch but it is not required to be considered true twerking.

On the other hand she herself called it 'twerking'. So...whatever. Lol!



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

06 Oct 2022, 7:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Lizzo's stage costumes are clearly designed to accentuate and put focus on her obesity.

As for her being black, if a black musician is supposed to be a rarity, or controversial just because they're black, then the wokeies are trying to take us even further back in time than the 70s.


Of course black musicians aren't a rarity, as the arts were one of the few venues not closed entirely to them.
The fact that Lizzo is black is the real reason why so many Republican talking heads had made a stink about her playing a flute that had touched Madison's white lips. They just weren't going to say it outright.

They won't say it, so we'll say it for them, happens quite a lot.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,183
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

06 Oct 2022, 7:59 pm

I think it's amazing that she got to play the bloody thing. I'm a music lover and I approve of this message.


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,993

07 Oct 2022, 11:32 pm

So let's cut the BS

The conservatives don't like that Lizzo (a black woman) put her lips on the flute which desecrates "their" memory of Madsion.
They are framing their opposition over this act by saying they object to her twerking while she plays the flute.

In their little brains they don't want to admit that a black woman can also be a classically trained flutist. Instead they are playing to a false narrative she isn't the type of person who "deserves" this honour.