Oath Keepers including founder convicted

Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Dec 2022, 8:56 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I don’t think they have big numbers here, but it’s still more than zero. Probably mostly just a bunch of losers that hangout online together spewing hate speech vs gathering to burn crosses and stuff like that irl.


They aren't "big" numbers here either. But their impact is disproportionate. This morning some clown has spray painted a swastika on the local jewish synagogue where not far from where I live. I haven't seen that for years so even if its a teenage prank, the local Jewish community in my area are going to be frightened and vigilant.

We have a Jewish school not more than 20min from my home where they pay for 24hr armed guards due to threats of harassment which have been ongoing for years.


I saw a wall spray painted with "stop f*****g kids Jimmy," on my way home Wednesday. People don't always go to the proper authorities, or have an amicable discussion with people who are of a different ethnicity. Kanye West is black, lots of blacks hate Jews while at the same time claiming Jesus (who was a Jew) was black. What makes you think that the person who spray painted the Swastika was white? The Germans didn't invent the Swastika, it can be found on Asian and Native American jewelry and art. What if someone wanted you to believe it was a white person because of it's historic connotation with the Nazi party?

You, along with every other leftist I know, love to jump on the White Nationalist/Neo Nazi/KKK bandwagon every chance you get. While the rest of us who are just living life, trying to pay bills, etc... are wondering where all these Nazis are? Why don't I ever see burning crosses on my neighbors yards, or in my school location which is predominantly black? Y'all want there to be a large scene of white nationalists, so you see it everywhere you go.


You don't see racist groups publicly that often because liberalism has made said hate groups' ideas and actions so unpopular that they dare not show their faces.
As for Antifa, the great majority of them don't burn and loot, but legitimately take a stand against fascism.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

01 Dec 2022, 9:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As for Antifa, the great majority of them don't burn and loot, but legitimately take a stand against fascism.


A lot of Antifa are college educated



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

01 Dec 2022, 9:09 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
You, along with every other leftist I know, love to jump on the White Nationalist/Neo Nazi/KKK bandwagon every chance you get. While the rest of us who are just living life, trying to pay bills, etc... are wondering where all these Nazis are? Why don't I ever see burning crosses on my neighbors yards, or in my school location which is predominantly black? Y'all want there to be a large scene of white nationalists, so you see it everywhere you go.


I can't speak for others but my wife and daughter are of South Asian origin so I have a stake/responsibility to make the environment we live in free (ideally sterilized) from far right groups.

To be fair the bullying she gets in school is because of her autism (not her race) but I would not be surprised if there is some level of that too. She rarely gets invited to her classmates birthday parties.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,761
Location: City of Roses

01 Dec 2022, 9:28 pm

Speaking of what cyberdad said, I can relate because my real dad was Polynesian and very dark skinned. I was born very light skinned and I pass for white, but my mom assured me that had I been born with dark brown skin like my father she would have been very worried about raising me here in Georgia for obvious reasons.



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,075
Location: Everville

01 Dec 2022, 10:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I don’t think they have big numbers here, but it’s still more than zero. Probably mostly just a bunch of losers that hangout online together spewing hate speech vs gathering to burn crosses and stuff like that irl.


They aren't "big" numbers here either. But their impact is disproportionate. This morning some clown has spray painted a swastika on the local jewish synagogue where not far from where I live. I haven't seen that for years so even if its a teenage prank, the local Jewish community in my area are going to be frightened and vigilant.

We have a Jewish school not more than 20min from my home where they pay for 24hr armed guards due to threats of harassment which have been ongoing for years.


I saw a wall spray painted with "stop f*****g kids Jimmy," on my way home Wednesday. People don't always go to the proper authorities, or have an amicable discussion with people who are of a different ethnicity. Kanye West is black, lots of blacks hate Jews while at the same time claiming Jesus (who was a Jew) was black. What makes you think that the person who spray painted the Swastika was white? The Germans didn't invent the Swastika, it can be found on Asian and Native American jewelry and art. What if someone wanted you to believe it was a white person because of it's historic connotation with the Nazi party?

You, along with every other leftist I know, love to jump on the White Nationalist/Neo Nazi/KKK bandwagon every chance you get. While the rest of us who are just living life, trying to pay bills, etc... are wondering where all these Nazis are? Why don't I ever see burning crosses on my neighbors yards, or in my school location which is predominantly black? Y'all want there to be a large scene of white nationalists, so you see it everywhere you go.


You don't see racist groups publicly that often because liberalism has made said hate groups' ideas and actions so unpopular that they dare not show their faces.
As for Antifa, the great majority of them don't burn and loot, but legitimately take a stand against fascism.


Why doesn't the media do more reporting on the great majority, there should be plenty of opportunity.

There are plenty of racist hate groups, they just get a pass. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any roving bands of white nationalists, though.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,571
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

01 Dec 2022, 10:30 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
rocksteady85 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I think anyone could blend with a band of rioters along the West Coast. The East Coast is still steeped in propriety, I'd die before I'd behave that way. It's just low rent. If I saw a riot I would automatically think ANTIFA. There's always been something about January 6th that just didn't seem genuinely conservative. It seemed contrived.


And militant white nationalists like the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the Boogaloos, One Percenters, and others of the like can't be violent? Their rhetoric is all about committing violence, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they live up to their word. And not a single one of those fanatics who were convicted were proven to be anything but to the far right. So much for them really being Antifa in disguise.
What's this about the west?


What I want to know is where are these people? Why don't I ever get to see them? They're like the Bigfoot of the West Coast, everybody swears up and down that they exist, they get videos to post online. But, no regular everyday person has ever seen them.
It's the same with the KKK. I've lived in the South my entire life, I've heard my share of racial slurs. But, no one I know has ever seen anything other than historical footage or photographs. Why is that?
ANTIFA is the one organization that shows up everywhere, creates huge damage. But the Boogaloos only show up at the most heavily guarded place in the Nation? I'm sorry, but that's weird. And it doesn't make good strategical sense.



I grew up in an area that isn't considered the south, and I have seen recruitment flyers for the klan. I have seen them in public. If you haven't, you aren't looking hard enough. Start paying attention to the people you see out and about. Make note of patches on jackets and logos on shirts and cars. If you don't live in an area where there are lots of political rallies or demonstrations, you're not going to see them in droves. But to suggest or imply that they don't exist, or they aren't growing in popularity, is like saying "I've never seen a tarantula in the wild so they must not exist".
The boogaloo boys show up anywhere they think they can stir trouble. They're not as big as the proud boys or the klan, but they exist and they're making trouble wherever they are.

Personally, I am positively GLEEFUL about stewie rhodes receiving punishment. I hope it continues, these people forget that their behavior has real world consequences.



I'm not insinuating they don't exist. What I am saying is that their presence is nowhere near as public as ANTIFA. I never see them rioting, stealing/looting, etc... I believe they did the atrocities they are accused of, but where did they get off to?
I'm Autistic, I am not traipsing about the countryside looking for recruitment flyers. I have heard of some biker organizations holding racist views. Why aren't their gangs of them in schools? There's gangs of everyone else in schools. The kids should at least be not smart enough to hide their parent's influences to us, the tell us all about their parents getting bounced from Twitter.
This is the most well kept secret where I live.


By antifa you mean the allied soldiers (and the rest of The Great Generation) that defeated the nazis?? Or just people with anti-fascist ideologies?

Or do you mean everyone tucker carlson doesn't like because they support things like racial equality? There seems to be quite the variance in who some people call antifa these days.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

01 Dec 2022, 10:37 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I was born very light skinned and I pass for white, but my mom assured me that had I been born with dark brown skin like my father she would have been very worried about raising me here in Georgia for obvious reasons.


Your mom is right. One thing I don't agree with African Americans is their obsession with colourism and blackness. People should be free to self-identify and mix with whom they want without judgement.

If I was your mom I'd want you to blend-in as well. Not just because she had "Georgia on her mind" :D



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,761
Location: City of Roses

01 Dec 2022, 10:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I was born very light skinned and I pass for white, but my mom assured me that had I been born with dark brown skin like my father she would have been very worried about raising me here in Georgia for obvious reasons.


Your mom is right. One thing I don't agree with African Americans is their obsession with colourism and blackness. People should be free to self-identify and mix with whom they want without judgement.

If I was your mom I'd want you to blend-in as well. Not just because she had "Georgia on her mind" :D



I think I understand, a parent has to protect their child no matter what. ;)



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

01 Dec 2022, 11:11 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I don’t think they have big numbers here, but it’s still more than zero. Probably mostly just a bunch of losers that hangout online together spewing hate speech vs gathering to burn crosses and stuff like that irl.


They aren't "big" numbers here either. But their impact is disproportionate. This morning some clown has spray painted a swastika on the local jewish synagogue where not far from where I live. I haven't seen that for years so even if its a teenage prank, the local Jewish community in my area are going to be frightened and vigilant.

We have a Jewish school not more than 20min from my home where they pay for 24hr armed guards due to threats of harassment which have been ongoing for years.


I saw a wall spray painted with "stop f*****g kids Jimmy," on my way home Wednesday. People don't always go to the proper authorities, or have an amicable discussion with people who are of a different ethnicity. Kanye West is black, lots of blacks hate Jews while at the same time claiming Jesus (who was a Jew) was black. What makes you think that the person who spray painted the Swastika was white? The Germans didn't invent the Swastika, it can be found on Asian and Native American jewelry and art. What if someone wanted you to believe it was a white person because of it's historic connotation with the Nazi party?

You, along with every other leftist I know, love to jump on the White Nationalist/Neo Nazi/KKK bandwagon every chance you get. While the rest of us who are just living life, trying to pay bills, etc... are wondering where all these Nazis are? Why don't I ever see burning crosses on my neighbors yards, or in my school location which is predominantly black? Y'all want there to be a large scene of white nationalists, so you see it everywhere you go.


You don't see racist groups publicly that often because liberalism has made said hate groups' ideas and actions so unpopular that they dare not show their faces.
As for Antifa, the great majority of them don't burn and loot, but legitimately take a stand against fascism.


Why doesn't the media do more reporting on the great majority, there should be plenty of opportunity.

There are plenty of racist hate groups, they just get a pass. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any roving bands of white nationalists, though.


Why don't the media report on the majority of Antifa, rather than just the violent minority? Because if it bleeds it leads. Violent, destructive people get much more attention than those who promote progress through peace. A few years ago, my wife, our friend, and I attended a BLM demonstration in downtown Spokane. Not only was it not at all violent, but a speaker even invited an Anti-BLM protester up to the podium to talk. I suspect most BLM and Antifa demonstrations are like the one I just described, but those don't get media attention because there isn't any carnage and bloodshed.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,075
Location: Everville

01 Dec 2022, 11:43 pm

^ okay, I'll still keep my eyes peeled for the white nationalists. They can't be too successful if they aren't getting any media attention. And if they aren't successful I fail to see the threat. I wish that the riots and damage caused by the violent portions of ANTIFA would have received the same charges as Jan 6th.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,423
Location: Long Island, New York

01 Dec 2022, 11:45 pm

Antifa is at most a few hundred vigilantes that went around attacking people they decided were fascists. Most of the rioting was done under the Black Lives Matter banner, not Antifa. Those riots were and still are all too often downplayed and excused. Was is the keyword here, for the most part those riots and yes in some instances insurrections ended over two years ago.

Real Neo Nazis/white nationalists while still, a very small part of the population has way too much influence in one of the two major political parties.

Persephone29 wrote:
I wish that the riots and damage caused by the violent portions of ANTIFA would have received the same charges as Jan 6th.

In some cases yes. The attacks on the government buildings such as police stations and incidents such as these
Rioters Set Fire to Federal Courthouse in Portland One Day after Fencing Removed
2 Federal Buildings in LA Damaged During Protest
were seditious insurrections and should have been looked at that way but most of the incidents were attacks on private businesses.

Unlike the storming of the Capital, the BLM riots involved thousands upon thousands of incidents. Even if they could have caught them all it would have been way too many people for the courts and jails to handle.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

02 Dec 2022, 1:36 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa is at most a few hundred vigilantes that went around attacking people they decided were fascists.


The major conflict between members of Antifa and the far right militia groups was in Charlottesville. In that instance it was Antifa who were attacked and one innocent person was killed and a number of antifascists were shot at with live ammunition and at least was one was gang beaten while police stood around.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,423
Location: Long Island, New York

02 Dec 2022, 3:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa is at most a few hundred vigilantes that went around attacking people they decided were fascists.


The major conflict between members of Antifa and the far right militia groups was in Charlottesville. In that instance it was Antifa who were attacked and one innocent person was killed and a number of antifascists were shot at with live ammunition and at least was one was gang beaten while police stood around.

Portland had Antifa and the Proud Boys fighting each other seemingly every weekend for the longest time.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,587

02 Dec 2022, 3:46 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa is at most a few hundred vigilantes that went around attacking people they decided were fascists.


The major conflict between members of Antifa and the far right militia groups was in Charlottesville. In that instance it was Antifa who were attacked and one innocent person was killed and a number of antifascists were shot at with live ammunition and at least was one was gang beaten while police stood around.

Portland had Antifa and the Proud Boys fighting each other seemingly every weekend for the longest time.


Its interesting if proudboys are proud of being fascist then how do you explain this? https://www.businessinsider.com/proud-b ... ort-2021-5



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,254
Location: Seattle-ish

02 Dec 2022, 5:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Why don't the media report on the majority of Antifa, rather than just the violent minority? Because if it bleeds it leads. Violent, destructive people get much more attention than those who promote progress through peace. A few years ago, my wife, our friend, and I attended a BLM demonstration in downtown Spokane. Not only was it not at all violent, but a speaker even invited an Anti-BLM protester up to the podium to talk. I suspect most BLM and Antifa demonstrations are like the one I just described, but those don't get media attention because there isn't any carnage and bloodshed.


Does it ever occur to you that the exact same system of distortion from the media might apply to other subjects where you think you know things but people with real life experience in them tell you you're wrong? Do you ever stop to think whether or not you actually know something, or have just been told it?


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,254
Location: Seattle-ish

02 Dec 2022, 6:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As for the nonexistent group, do you mean the Boogs? Because they actually do, though they're a bunch of oddball, impermanent groups, rather than a single organization like the Proud Boys, that might not always apply the name to themselves.


Yes, and no, they really don't exist, they never have existed, it's just a meme format that some guys thought would be funny to bring to life by wearing luau gear with tactical accessories in public, and the media went wild and pretended that it's an actual group. I was there when the joke started, it's all a bunch of inside jokes that only other gun people will get about stuff in the community, the whole civil war theme comes from the fact that there is always some guy on the gun forum muttering darkly about a coming civil war (Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo, hence the name), the Hawaiian shirts started because they're a favorite concealing outer garment for hiding a pistol (loose fit and the loud pattern breaks up outlines), the outlandishness (Drugs! Wendigos! Spirit Quests!) was to make fun of the old guys who were way too serious about everything, etc. It had been going on a while when some guys thought it would be funny to dress up like characters from the meme at political rallies, notably the Virginia Lobby Day in 2020, and practically overnight the feds and media ginned up a panic about this new "far right extremist group" that not only never existed but was literally a joke, all of the sites and Facebook groups surrounding it (it was huge on FB) were all meme groups for posting jokes, there was never any organization or central group of any sort, and the couple of people who did anything were just randos who glommed onto the aesthetic, it's all just a giant inside joke. We have quite a bit of law enforcement on my gun board (probably a lot more than is advertised, TBH), and what they say is that the feds essentially won't believe that it's all a joke and are terrified of the idea of this massive decentralized extremist network that is so secretive and tech savvy that they can't infiltrate it and discover their plans, while the in the know guys just laugh at their briefing material because they know the reason the feds can't crack it is that it doesn't exist.

This is what I keep trying to tell you about how much you're lied to and manipulated, by all rights I'm a member of this fake group (those memes were f*****g gold) as I was right there with the core group as the joke was created and evolved and I posted my share of memes, and I'm telling you there's no there there, just shitposting that successfully trolled the media and the security state.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson