Nancy Pelosi’s husband hospitalized after assault at home

Page 9 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,659
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Dec 2022, 6:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Lowest form of behavior trying to capitalise benefit from somebody else's misery. The republicans should be ashamed of themselves.

This reminds me of when certain republicans laughed at AOC after she told journalists she experiences PTSD after the Jan 6 riots as she expected many of the MAGA mob were hunting for her and like Pelosi's husband was in hiding expecting the worst.


It speaks volumes about the degree of empathy of the right.
Very different from the reaction the left after Scalise got shot, when Dems won their baseball game against the GOP, then gave the trophy to the GOP.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,659
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Dec 2022, 6:22 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Has the body cam footage been released, or are they still refusing?


Still clinging to the last shred of hope that Mr. Pelosi was somehow involved in something illicit?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,622

02 Dec 2022, 6:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It speaks volumes about the degree of empathy of the right.
Very different from the reaction the left after Scalise got shot, when Dems won their baseball game against the GOP, then gave the trophy to the GOP.


They don't even empathy for republicans who were being hunted like Mike Pence.

Mike Pence's behaviour after the Jan 6 riots is weird as he would have known Trump was cheering the mob to lynch Pence whom he blamed for not overturning the election result as Trump asked.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,457
Location: Long Island, New York

03 Dec 2022, 4:50 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It speaks volumes about the degree of empathy of the right.
Very different from the reaction the left after Scalise got shot, when Dems won their baseball game against the GOP, then gave the trophy to the GOP.


They don't even empathy for republicans who were being hunted like Mike Pence.

Mike Pence's behaviour after the Jan 6 riots is weird as he would have known Trump was cheering the mob to lynch Pence whom he blamed for not overturning the election result as Trump asked.

Cowardly but not weird, logical calculation. He knows going completely against the MAGA base will be further political suicide and result in a greater threat to him and his family. Similar motivation Ted Cruz who after Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy has spent all of his time since licking Trump's ass(metaphorically). Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome but way worse because these Republicans are not being physically held prisoner.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,849
Location: the island of defective toy santas

03 Dec 2022, 8:17 am

i don't get how anybody could vote for such an ass kisser as cruz.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,622

03 Dec 2022, 4:53 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Similar motivation Ted Cruz who after Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy has spent all of his time since licking Trump's ass(metaphorically). Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome but way worse because these Republicans are not being physically held prisoner.


Also a double standard. As Kanye west is being currently cancelled by the Jewish community. Donald Trump has a long history of being an anti-semite
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12 ... ews-israel
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ic-tropes/

Yet how do you explain that in 2016 40% of jewish voters still voted for him. Even after his vocal anti-semitism according to the Republican Jewish lobby he still get's 32% approval from people who identify as Jews?

Seems to be a lot of boot lickers



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,761
Location: City of Roses

03 Dec 2022, 4:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Similar motivation Ted Cruz who after Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy has spent all of his time since licking Trump's ass(metaphorically). Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome but way worse because these Republicans are not being physically held prisoner.


Also a double standard. As Kanye west is being currently cancelled by the Jewish community. Donald Trump has a long history of being an anti-semite
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12 ... ews-israel
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ic-tropes/

Yet how do you explain that in 2016 40% of jewish voters still voted for him. Even after his vocal anti-semitism according to the Republican Jewish lobby he still get's 32% approval from people who identify as Jews?

Seems to be a lot of boot lickers


I think because he pretty much handed Jerseulem over to Israel or something like that, right?

Also his son-in-law Jared is Jewish and despite this Trump seems to get along with him pretty well.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,622

03 Dec 2022, 5:15 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I think because he pretty much handed Jerseulem over to Israel or something like that, right?

Also his son-in-law Jared is Jewish and despite this Trump seems to get along with him pretty well.


Yes the Israel lobby certainly do recognise his pro-Israel policies during his presidency but that doesn't explain why the proportion of Jews supporting was higher in 2016 before he did anything concrete for Israel.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,457
Location: Long Island, New York

03 Dec 2022, 10:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Similar motivation Ted Cruz who after Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy has spent all of his time since licking Trump's ass(metaphorically). Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome but way worse because these Republicans are not being physically held prisoner.


Also a double standard. As Kanye west is being currently cancelled by the Jewish community. Donald Trump has a long history of being an anti-semite
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12 ... ews-israel
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ic-tropes/

Yet how do you explain that in 2016 40% of jewish voters still voted for him. Even after his vocal anti-semitism according to the Republican Jewish lobby he still get's 32% approval from people who identify as Jews?

Seems to be a lot of boot lickers

U.S. Presidential Elections: Jewish Voting Record (1916 - Present) - Jewish Virtual Library
2016 Trump 24 percent; Clinton 71 percent
2020 Trump 30 percent; Biden 68 percent

But yes like why Christian fundamentalists voted for Trump, the same reason Jews align with Christian Fundamentalists whose reasons for being pro-Isreal are as anti-Semitic as can be. The Obama relationship with Isreal was tense and Trump's daughter and son inlaw are Jewish so in 2016 it was reasonable to expect a pro-Isreal policy.

But Jews like other groups are not one-issue voters, voting in lockstep. So the Jews voted for him for the same reasons as other Americans, perceived the lesser of two evils, "tells it like it is", "shakes things up " and Jews are as racist as any other group. Schvartze is the Yiddish equivilent of the N-Word. I heard it a lot growing up.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,761
Location: City of Roses

03 Dec 2022, 11:19 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Similar motivation Ted Cruz who after Trump said his wife was ugly and his dad was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy has spent all of his time since licking Trump's ass(metaphorically). Kind of like Stockholm Syndrome but way worse because these Republicans are not being physically held prisoner.


Also a double standard. As Kanye west is being currently cancelled by the Jewish community. Donald Trump has a long history of being an anti-semite
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12 ... ews-israel
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ic-tropes/

Yet how do you explain that in 2016 40% of jewish voters still voted for him. Even after his vocal anti-semitism according to the Republican Jewish lobby he still get's 32% approval from people who identify as Jews?

Seems to be a lot of boot lickers

U.S. Presidential Elections: Jewish Voting Record (1916 - Present) - Jewish Virtual Library
2016 Trump 24 percent; Clinton 71 percent
2020 Trump 30 percent; Biden 68 percent

But yes like why Christian fundamentalists voted for Trump, the same reason Jews align with Christian Fundamentalists whose reasons for being pro-Isreal are as anti-Semitic as can be. The Obama relationship with Isreal was tense and Trump's daughter and son inlaw are Jewish so in 2016 it was reasonable to expect a pro-Isreal policy.

But Jews like other groups are not one-issue voters, voting in lockstep. So the Jews voted for him for the same reasons as other Americans, perceived the lesser of two evils, "tells it like it is", "shakes things up " and Jews are as racist as any other group. Schvartze is the Yiddish equivilent of the N-Word. I heard it a lot growing up.


Careful, acknowledging that Jews can be racist too (especially towards Palestinians) will get you labelled as an anti-semite. I know this from personal experience. :wink:



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,622

04 Dec 2022, 12:18 am

I am pro-Israel. I studied the emergence of the state of Israel in 1948 in highschool and how young people in the emergent Israeli state drove the kibbutz movement in the 50s/60s and help create a paradise out of desert.

Yes I know they were heavily financially backed by Ashkenazi money, and I don't agree how they treat the Falasha or Palestinians but the story of the rise of postwar Israel was very inspiring to 20 year old me. I even explored the idea of living on a kibbutz but ended up working in Asia instead.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,761
Location: City of Roses

04 Dec 2022, 12:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
I am pro-Israel. I studied the emergence of the state of Israel in 1948 in highschool and how young people in the emergent Israeli state drove the kibbutz movement in the 50s/60s and help create a paradise out of desert.

Yes I know they were heavily financially backed by Ashkenazi money, and I don't agree how they treat the Falasha or Palestinians but the story of the rise of postwar Israel was very inspiring to 20 year old me. I even explored the idea of living on a kibbutz but ended up working in Asia instead.


Well frankly I agree with ASPartofMe. And I think that not only are Jewish people capable of racism but they also play the anti-semite card against anybody who dares to tell them that Israel is essentially an apartheid state.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,622

04 Dec 2022, 12:31 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Well frankly I agree with ASPartofMe. And I think that not only are Jewish people capable of racism but they also play the anti-semite card against anybody who dares to tell them that Israel is essentially an apartheid state.


I personally think Israel has the right to exist and I understand their paranoia against the Palestinians. I agree they do need to manage their relations to minority groups whom they have a bad record of managing.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,761
Location: City of Roses

04 Dec 2022, 1:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Well frankly I agree with ASPartofMe. And I think that not only are Jewish people capable of racism but they also play the anti-semite card against anybody who dares to tell them that Israel is essentially an apartheid state.


I personally think Israel has the right to exist and I understand their paranoia against the Palestinians. I agree they do need to manage their relations to minority groups whom they have a bad record of managing.


I agree they have the right to exist, and so do the Palestinians.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,849
Location: the island of defective toy santas

04 Dec 2022, 2:11 am

only a Solomon can solve this. or god.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,659
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

04 Dec 2022, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
only a Solomon can solve this. or god.


Solomon would solve it by marrying the daughter of the Palestinian king (yes, I know there isn't one).


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer