Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2024, 7:35 am

cyberdad wrote:
Flying feathered serpent of south america looks an awful lot like a chinese or European dragon

Yes. That points been made earlier in the thread. That Kukokhan/Quetzelcoatl-gods of the Andes and of Mesoamerica are often portrayed as the feathered serpent that in art looks remarkably like an Old World dragon. In "long shots" of his whole body in art and scupture the feathers along his undulating spine make him look even more like a dragon. There is that one crucial difference though...quetzelcoatal has no limbs, nor claws, like a European or Chinese dragon.

But it does look like a clear kinship. Maybe it via diffusion, or via migration, or via humans independently expressing something in common latent in the human mind (ala Carl Jung).

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 9:13 am

I don't think most people would understand the sheer force that occurs in a tornado.

About 16 years ago (on 3 June 2008), I came near one. It struck my home. The tornado did immense damage. It came over the top of my hill. It tore up a very large power line that moved electricity from the middle of Indiana into Kentucky. Then it came down my steep hill towards my house. At this point this large tornado broke apart into several tornadoes. It devastated many of the trees that surrounded my home. Then it went down into the bottom of my hill and destroyed many more trees. In a span of a few seconds I lost around 100 large trees that were over a foot thick. Some were ripped apart in two and others were pushed into the ground at the roots. The damage was immense. It took me over a year to clean up the damage from this twister.

I think that unless you lived through one of these tornadoes, up close and personal, you could not comprehend the force of this event.

You can watch this on TV or in the movies, but unless you lived through it, you couldn't appreciate the gigantic power of the Dragon.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 10:10 am

One of the first movies about a tornado was made in 1939. It was called "The Wizard of Oz".
The film opens with:

Then Dorothy enters the tornado.

Then Dorothy lands in the magical world of OZ. This was one of the first films that was produced in color. The entire scenes in OZ were produce in color.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 10:30 am

The history of this film (The Wizard of Oz) seems to stretch back even earlier in time, all the way back to 1910.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 12:08 pm

This is another film about Tornadoes. It kind of reminds me of when I lived in Dallas, Texas growing up as a young teenager.

Tornado! is a 1996 American made-for-television disaster film that was aired on the Fox television network on May 7, 1996, slightly before the film Twister. They appear to originate from the same story line.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 9:22 am

Tornadoes are real life events. The world explodes around you. But people are not animals. They can use their brains to fight dragons. Here is a real family fighting the dragon.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 1:02 pm

One of the other movies that describes the power of the Dragon is the 2014 film titled Into the Storm.
This movie predicts the full nature of this beast.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2024, 12:23 pm

Many countries around the world have legends of dragons. Where did these legends come from? Perhaps they originated from tornadoes. There are two types of tornadoes: those on land and those at sea. They are very different types of tornadoes. So let us look at the legend of sea tornadoes. This brings us to the legends from Vietnam.

Though geological evidence suggests Halong Bay was formed by tectonic movements over hundreds of millions of years, a fabled tale describes how the region’s 2,000 islands were created in a single day.

The legend tells of a fledgling Vietnamese nation, constantly defending itself from northern aggressors. Aware of a looming invasion from the sea, the Jade Emperor called forth a Mother Dragon and her children to protect the villagers. As they descended from the heavens, these divine creatures belched out clusters of jewels which formed an impenetrable barrier against the naval invaders. Many of the attackers’ ships smashed into these mountains, while the remaining forces were ultimately repulsed by the defenders.

Source: Vietnam – A Land of Dragons

This type of dragon is a sea dragon, Vietnam is a region with many island surrounded by sea, "region’s 2,000 islands".
They experienced many attacks from Northeastern aggression. But the dragon and her children came to her defense. They came down from the heavens destroying the naval invaders who were about to attack.
"Many of the attackers’ ships smashed into these mountains, while the remaining forces were ultimately repulsed by the defenders."

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 1:39 pm

There are many people in history that have reported dragons. One of them was Marco Polo.

Marco Polo lived during the 13th and 14th centuries. He was originally from Venice, but he, his father, and his uncle traveled extensively to the Far East. His book, The Travels of Marco Polo, document much of his exploration into the regions of China, Persia, Tibet, and Burma. Polo spent much of his book detailing the interesting customs of different ethnic groups he encountered. He also focused on the different animals and plants associated with these tribes. In Chapter 49 of his book, he describes:

Here are found snakes and huge serpents, ten paces in length and ten spans in girth [that is, 50 feet long and 100 inches in girth]. At the fore part, near the head, they have two short legs, each with three claws, as well as eyes larger than a loaf and very glaring. The jaws are wide enough to swallow a man, the teeth are large and sharp, and their whole appearance is so formidable that neither man, nor any kind of animal can approach them without terror.

He then goes on to explain the aftermath.

The serpents’ massive bodies left “deep impressions” in their paths “as if a heavy beam had been drawn along the sands”

If you stepped back hundreds of years in time and saw a tornado and then observed the aftermath, the shear destruction that it caused, lifting humans and animal into the air.

Tornadoes can cause significant damage.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:35 am

A little over 15 years ago, we were hit by a massive tornado. It occurred on 3 June 2008. After working for 40 years I retired. A few days latter, a tornado caused great destruction. That was the start of my retirement. It took me almost a year to clean up the damage done by the tornado.

I got zapped by a dragon.

It was described as an F1. But on my property, I believe it was an F2. It destroyed around 100 of my large trees. Some of these trees were 200 years old. It broke them into two or pulled them down by the roots.

Fujita Tornado Intensity Scale

F-0: Gale tornado (40 – 72 mph). Light damage. Some damage to chimneys; branches broken off trees; shallow-rooted trees pushed over; sign boards damaged.

F-1: Moderate tornado (73 – 112 mph). Moderate damage. Peels surface off roofs; mobile homes pushed off foundations or overturned; moving autos blown off roads.

F-2: Significant tornado (113 – 157 mph). Considerable damage. Roofs torn off frame houses; mobile homes demolished; boxcars overturned; large trees snapped or uprooted; light-object missiles generated; cars lifted off ground.

F-3: Severe tornado (158 – 206 mph). Severe damage. Roofs and some walls torn off well-constructed houses; trains overturned; most trees in forest uprooted; heavy cars lifted off the ground and thrown.

F-4: Devastating tornado (207 – 260 mph). Devastating damage. Well-constructed houses leveled; structures with weak foundations blown away some distance; cars thrown and large missiles generated.

F-5: Incredible tornado (261 – 318 mph). Incredible damage. Strong frame houses leveled off foundations and swept away; automobile-sized missiles fly through the air in excess of 100 meters (109 yds); trees debarked; incredible phenomena will occur.

It happened so quickly and did so much damage. What other then a dragon could explain what just happened.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 12:28 pm

When you come up close and personal with a tornado, the best advice is to take shelter immediately. Otherwise you will stare death in the eyes.

The same thing can be said of dragons.

A dragons of West Africa is called Ninki Nanka. Seeing the Ninki Nanka almost is a guarantee of death or a serious illness followed by death. Some accounts also claim that death is assured if you lock eyes with the creature. Death can occur almost immediately to a few weeks apart.

Some first hand accounts from individual sightings describe this dragon as huge, "unimaginably huge".
One man stated that it could grow to be the size of a 60 foot palm tree, and that as it grows larger it moves out into the sea. The only first-hand eyewitness who could be found described the ninki-nanka as a 160 feet long.