Scientists Discover Link Between Cats & Schizophrenia

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm

Double Retired wrote:
MaxE's cat could help us understand things.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 6:23 pm

I've never heard of this before. It sounds like a lame attempt at calling introverts and schizophrenics both "crazy".

I use the word introvert because lots of people with cats tend to be introverted for the basic reason that we don't usually walk our cats outside or take them to "cat parks" to play with other cats. Just because a person lets their cat outside on its own, or cares for it in the house, it doesn't make them crazy. It's also recommended that kittens be adopted in bonded pairs or be raised with another cat / kitten, meaning cat owners frequently have more than one. That doesn't make cat owners "crazy": It makes them responsible and informed pet guardians.

Likewise, it's irresponsible for anyone to call people with Schizophrenia "crazy". It's a mental health condition just like any other including depression, anxiety, or trauma.

Zero stars for this research.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 6:29 pm

MaxE wrote:
My cat just told me this is nonsense.

Jimmy Stewart just told me that his rabbit agrees!

https://youtu.be/VvfXvW2wsuQ

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 6:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
And some cats found it advantages to feign affection for these rat magnent farmers.
Sometimes the affection is not feigned!

When I met my bride she had two cats...one of the cats generally hid from people, but not from me! She followed me around and couldn't keep her paws off me. She and I were in love. (She retained my bride as staff.)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 7:17 pm

Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
And some cats found it advantages to feign affection for these rat magnent farmers.

When I met my bride she had two cats...one of the cats generally hid from people, but not from me! She followed me around and couldn't keep her paws off me. She and I were in love. (She retained my bride as staff.)

"They LOVE men" my mom complained.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 3:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

"They LOVE men" my mom complained.

She kinda rescued a kitten while on a trip, brought it back home for the family to adopt,which we did, and it snubbed mom and latched on to Dad.