Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 8:20 am

Having been defeated at the High Court, it is now day 1 of the Supreme Court case where the Govt are trying to overturn the High Court ruling which would then allow them to trigger A50 without the HoC & HoL having a say. 4 day case and decision expected in late January.

I am hoping we can have a thread discussing these things without the usual poster resorting to name calling and attacking other posters.

Last edited by Biscuitman on 05 Dec 2016, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

So you're basically asking for people not to post in an inflammatory manner.

Yet you name your thread with a silly, very inflammatory name positively DESIGNED to be partisan and inflammatory to people who don't hold your view, right up front? LMAO.

Good luck with that, pal. I won't even bother, you've already set this up as THAT kind of thread. See ya.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 11:56 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
So you're basically asking for people not to post in an inflammatory manner.

Nope. I am asking for my own personal stalker to not follow me onto yet another thread with a mouthful of abuse.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 11:58 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
I won't even bother

And I am cool with that. We are all free to post or not post in whatever thread we like.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 11:59 am

Changed the thread title to make it more inclusive. Hoping to have a thread to follow events for everyone.

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm

Is there actually a chance that the brexit won't happen?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2016, 1:19 pm

alex wrote:
Is there actually a chance that the brexit won't happen?

Nah, can't see it. Guess you should never say never and all that, especially what with this being 2016!, but I just can't see how that would happen now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 8:12 pm

Brexit overturned and Trump impeached!

never turn your back on karma...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Dec 2016, 9:56 pm

why do you hate democracy?

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 10:58 pm

Jacoby wrote:

The electoral college isn't democratic. Doesn't really matter I suppose since America is a federal republic. :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 1:28 am

Jacoby wrote:

Check the figures
Clinton has 48.1 percent of all the popular votes cast compared to 46.6 percent for Trump.
If America was a democracy then Hillary Clinton would be president in Feb 2017

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Dec 2016, 3:33 am

Democracy does not equal mob rule, in a democracy you cannot just throw out the law because you don't like it or because you lost an election. Considering what the Hillary campaign and the media were saying before the election about Trump not accepting the results being an affront to our political system, it is these hypocrites that do exactly that. As I said before, they project EVERYTHING on to who they consider their opponents which should be pretty scary considering how they throw around terms like authoritarian and fantasize about bloodshed & war in their own country. They go on and on about violence at Trump rallies but the Clinton campaign literally organized it, I people should be ashamed of supporting a real despot like Hillary Clinton and letting partisanship & ideology blind them to this fact. Thankfully America dodged that bullet and the republic was saved; Hillary wished to tear up our constitution and to sell American soveirgnty away forever while having a completely complicit propagandist media and their corporate overlords help her do it.

But what does the US presidential election have to do with Brexit? That would be democracy in its purest form, no?

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:43 am

I just want to keep the right to be an EU citizen if they hand out the individual options since I'm not sure if I'll stay in the UK all my life.

@Biscuitman
I've been to Reading before! Sonisphere. <3

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 8:27 am

Lunella wrote:
I just want to keep the right to be an EU citizen if they hand out the individual options since I'm not sure if I'll stay in the UK all my life.

@Biscuitman
I've been to Reading before! Sonisphere. <3

Yeah if the stories are true about maybe being offered individual membership that would be a great option for remainers.

Reading used to have a decent music scene. The festival is obviously a really big one but we had WOMAD too and we had some good music clubs. Just the festival left now :cry: though

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 9:02 am

I think it was the Red or White Lion I went to a few times around that way, you have some decent pubs with nice mixed beers and reasonable prices either way. Not sure if I'd go to Soni 2017 though, Bloodstock has kinda taken over.

On topic though, 3 of my friends have actually moved country because that happened. I've been thinking about it too, as they were told they were allowed to remain in the EU country they had moved to. From what I've been told, they don't regret moving because the quality of life is way better in Germany & Sweden. I'm sure we'll see what happens though, if we can keep the EU citizenship then I'll be much happier about the entire thing.

Also, the racism/xenophobia over here due to that embarrassment is astonishing.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 11:10 am

Those 2 countries would be high on my list of European places to live if I wasn't in the UK. I have been lucky enough to travel a lot with an old job and Munich & Berlin are both lovely. A few hours for a meeting in Stockholm wasn't enough for me to judge it too well but from a couple of friends I have there it sounds great.

Are you looking to leave the UK then?