Why Satanists may be the last, best hope to save abortion..

Page 9 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:05 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:

I'm an atheist. I'm not defending Christians. Or the Jews of the ancient world for that matter. But I don't think you can judge those people by 21st century standards.

Actually I can, because there are still Jews in the middle east known as Zionists who think Arabs are dogs and that they have the God-given right to steal their lands and murder their families while shouting "Death to Arabs!" While the Evangelical Christians here in the US are gleefully siding with Israel's apartheid state and supporting this because they actually think it's biblical and that Muslims don't deserve the right to live.

21st century standards aren't always worth what a pig could spit. We arent really as 'enlightened' as you would think.

How about the Arabs who shout "Death to Israel"? Can they be judged by 21st Century standards?

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:07 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:

I'm an atheist. I'm not defending Christians. Or the Jews of the ancient world for that matter. But I don't think you can judge those people by 21st century standards.

Actually I can, because there are still Jews in the middle east known as Zionists who think Arabs are dogs and that they have the God-given right to steal their lands and murder their families while shouting "Death to Arabs!" While the Evangelical Christians here in the US are gleefully siding with Israel's apartheid state and supporting this because they actually think it's biblical and that Muslims don't deserve the right to live.

21st century standards aren't always worth what a pig could spit. We arent really as 'enlightened' as you would think.

How about the Arabs who shout "Death to Israel"? Can they be judged by 21st Century standards?

I side with the underdogs.

♤ The Military

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 1:49 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:

I side with the underdogs.

Ahhh, Very Convenient.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 4:02 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The people you mentioned would have found any excuse to do what they did.

If it wasn't "Christianity," it would have been something else.

Christianity, in and of itself, is not an "evil" religion.

Maybe not, but Christians are guilty of committing many forms of oppression all around the world. That is a fact.

You are acting like Christianity is the only cause of oppression now and in history.
The reality is that the Taliban is a bigger expansionist threat to civilizations today than Evangelical Christians elsewhere. Or are you blind?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 4:06 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Lots of Pro Satanist sentiment on this thread.
Well, good luck with that.

Most people on this forum are lefty and anti-Christian.
They would believe Satan is the lesser of two evils, which is just an oxymoron if anything.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 4:18 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Most people on this forum are lefty and anti-Christian.
They would believe Satan is the lesser of two evils, which is just an oxymoron if anything.

Even if that were actually true it's not like anyone is forcing you to be on this website. :roll:

♤ The Military

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 4:21 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Maybe not, but Christians are guilty of committing many forms of oppression all around the world. That is a fact.

You are acting like Christianity is the only cause of oppression now and in history.
The reality is that the Taliban is a bigger expansionist threat to civilizations today than Evangelical Christians elsewhere. Or are you blind?

And you're speaking as if White Christians have NEVER done anything violently atrocious ever which is the typical BS response I expect from Right Wing types.

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:14 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
And you're speaking as if White Christians have NEVER done anything violently atrocious ever which is the typical BS response I expect from Right Wing types.

Can you show us in the quote where he said that? I can't seem to find it.

- Rick Sanchez

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:17 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

America never was and never will become a Christian religious theocracy.

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:21 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

That's not the same as denying white Christians have ever done anything wrong, and I'd argue isn't even wrong as a statement. Putting words in other people's mouths is generally considered bad form, I'd try to avoid it.

- Rick Sanchez

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

That's not the same as denying white Christians have ever done anything wrong, and I'd argue isn't even wrong as a statement. Putting words in other people's mouths is generally considered bad form, I'd try to avoid it.

Whatever. I happen know from personal experience how blind American Christians are to the truth. We're talking about the same people who are proclaiming that a racist as*hole like Trump was the 'chosen one' after all. :roll:

I'm done here. Get back to arguing about why women should be forced to have babies even if they are raped or may die from complications. :roll:

♤ The Military

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I happen know from personal experience how blind American Christians are to the truth. We're talking about the same people who are proclaiming that a racist as*hole like Trump was the 'chosen one' after all. :roll:

Not all Christians are the same. A large segment watched in horror as another segment made what seemed like a deal with the devil electing Trump. I don’t know the stats because liberal and non-Trump conservative Christians don’t get the same level of attention the pro-Trump ones do. At least 1/3 never bought in and have spent years trying to turn around the beliefs of those who did.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 8:34 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
I happen know from personal experience how blind American Christians are to the truth. We're talking about the same people who are proclaiming that a racist as*hole like Trump was the 'chosen one' after all. :roll:

Not all Christians are the same. A large segment watched in horror as another segment made what seemed like a deal with the devil electing Trump. I don’t know the stats because liberal and non-Trump conservative Christians don’t get the same level of attention the pro-Trump ones do. At least 1/3 never bought in and have spent years trying to turn around the beliefs of those who did.

The ones who sold their souls to Trump are going to regret it someday, mark my words.

Just like the German pastor Martin Niemoller who wrote the poem "First They Came" after World War 2.

I'm not saying Trump is going to be the next Hitler, but he will either become a dictator or he and his fanatical supporters will be responsible for tearing down everything that was ever good about this country.

♤ The Military

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 8:59 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Christ has some very marginal people claiming to be His earthly representatives.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:08 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

Satan shmaton. Like I said these Satanists are of the atheistic type who view the Devil as a sexy cool mascot and not a real being. They see Satan as a figurehead representing selfishness, hedonism, and doing your own thing.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 10:15 pm

Axeman wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Satan shmaton. Like I said these Satanists are of the atheistic type who view the Devil as a sexy cool mascot and not a real being. They see Satan as a figurehead representing selfishness, hedonism, and doing your own thing.

I am NOT a Satanist just so you guys know.

Paganism and Satanism are two completely different things contrary to popular opinion. Paganism is what Christians used to call ANY religion that was percieved as a non-Christian religion and to be a Pagan or Heretic was a crime punishable by death.

It had nothing to do with Devil Worship because these people who worshipped the old gods like Zues, Isis, and Odin did not even believe in the devil as that is purely a Christian invention.

Not that any Trump-worshipping right wing fundies will give a s**t about historic facts of course. :roll:

♤ The Military