Phelps Gets Slammed With Ten Million Dollar Lawsuit

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 8:46 pm

Joybob wrote:
I'm pretty sure this was America and we had Free Speech.

p.s. Explosive decompression isn't real.

It is when there is 8 atmospheres of difference, like the Byford Dolphin incident. In space, yes it doesn't happen. But that's a difference of just one atmosphere. Imagine 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_dol ... l_accident

I even have the paper they published on the case, courtesy of Sedaka.

On sabbatical...

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2007, 8:51 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Joybob wrote:

It is when there is 8 atmospheres of difference, like the Byford Dolphin incident. In space, yes it doesn't happen. But that's a difference of just one atmosphere. Imagine 8.

I thought you meant the bodies exploded like on the movies.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 9:09 pm

Joybob wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Joybob wrote:

I thought you meant the bodies exploded like on the movies.

They can, but not in space. It's more like what I said, that scene from Licence to Kill.

Enough OT (I know, I started it).

On sabbatical...

MadyGirl1987
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2007, 10:30 pm

I'm glad! As a Christian, I hate when people use Christianity to promote hate! Jesus would have His jaw permenatly on the ground if He was here on Earth to witness this!

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 10:35 pm

Well according to them, Jesus was hateful and evil and wanted everyone to die except them.
Jesus . . . the guy who asked god to forgive the people who were killing him, that Jesus.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 11:24 pm

Free Speech doesn't apply to funerals. This org attends funerals that they aren't invited to and yells and carries big signs that say hateful things.
I don't agree with them when they protest gay funerals but now they are protesting any military funeral. Phelps has a very ugly special interest.

I lost a friend in high school due to a car accident. She was the passenger. The local news ran the story as an alcohol-caused death although it wasn't proven the driver was drunk. (it was likely just teen inexperience driving on a gravel road) They asked the girl's parents if they could film the funeral and told no. They were not welcome to the funeral at the church or the burial. But they showed up at the cemetery anyways and filmed us from the road with a zoom lens. Technically they weren't in the private cemetery but the footage obviously was. They filmed us in our grief, against our will for a story that we had nothing to do with.

BugsMom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2007, 4:04 pm

Phelps is a horrible, hateful man.

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2007, 4:29 pm

Yog-Sothoth wrote:
Well according to them, Jesus was hateful and evil and wanted everyone to die except them.
Jesus . . . the guy who asked god to forgive the people who were killing him, that Jesus.

Well, Jesus was evil sir.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 5:33 pm

Joybob wrote:
Yog-Sothoth wrote:

Well, Jesus was evil sir.

Viewed objectively, he wasn't. It's just that his followers thought he was something divine. And put words in his mouth.

On sabbatical...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 3:55 pm

BugsMom wrote:

What also gets me about his family is that while they are rallying against one sexual sin (homosexuality), some members of the family could be committing another sexual sin (incest).

Their world is so narrow that some members of the Phelps family have likely married their cousins.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 4:31 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Joybob wrote:

Wow. I never knew that. So, the main risks are in fact asphyxiation and radiation sickness.

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 8:44 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
BugsMom wrote:

What also gets me about his family is that while they are rallying against one sexual sin (homosexuality), some members of the family could be committing another sexual sin (incest).

Their world is so narrow that some members of the Phelps family have likely married their cousins.

Tim

Ha, I never thought about that.
Probably why their family is so screwed up, incestuous mutant flipper babies, pissed off at god for the unholy curse they were born with.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 8:50 pm

Anubis wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Joybob wrote:

Wow. I never knew that. So, the main risks are in fact asphyxiation and radiation sickness.

And air embolism, should you hold your breath.

On sabbatical...

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 5:39 am

Even if I personally don't believe in homosexuality I wouldn't go and hold up a sign at a funeral saying that "God Hates Fags"; nor would I hate them when they're alive. I wouldn't ever go and protest a soldier's funeral, especially if I wasn't even invited! Jesus never hated anyone because of their sin; He always looked deeper and knew them on a personal level, as with the prostitute when He prevented them from stoning her. He didn't support what she was doing, but He was trying to help her out and truly loved her. I think that this Phelps guy and almost his entire church for the matter were acting pretty idiotic and like the Pharisees of Jesus' time if you asked me. After all, whoever hasn't sinned should cast the first stone, paraphrasing what Jesus said. Anyways, that explosive decompression would be a very weird/painful death! I don't think I've ever heard of it before lol.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

nebgreen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2007, 12:47 pm

What amazes me so much is that people give this group so much attention, which is PRECISELY what this group WANTS. Attention (especially negative attention) is their OXYGEN. Cut that off, and they will wither and die. Counterdemonstrations against the WBC are USELESS because counterdemonstrations are, to the WBC, a form of attention. Black them out of the media and out of your consciousness altogether, and they will DIE. It really is that simple.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 5:13 pm

Well put.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!