Page 11 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 9:39 pm

Former lawmaker says Trump asked him to overturn the 2020 election but so far special counsel hasn't contacted him

Quote:
Former Rep. Mo Brooks is “mildly surprised” that special counsel Jack Smith’s office has not sought a meeting with him to discuss his accusations that former President Donald Trump urged him to help “rescind” the 2020 election and “violate the U.S. Constitution and federal law.”

Brooks, a Republican who represented an Alabama district in Congress, said in an interview that he would meet with prosecutors if they ask.

“Yeah, if they asked me to, I’d explain what I know about it. Whether it’s relevant or material, I’m not sure,” he said, continuing: “I was shocked [Trump] was so blatant about it — illegal conduct.”

Brooks left Congress this year after he lost a primary contest for one of Alabama’s Senate seats. He had been backed by Trump, who then withdrew his support and backed now-Sen. Katie Britt.

Brooks previously said Trump had made requests to overturn the 2020 election as late as September 2021 — more than seven months after he left the White House.

“Donald Trump wanted me to do four things: advocate rescinding the election, advocate physically removing Joe Biden from the White House, advocate reinstating Donald Trump as president of the United States and advocate a new special election for president of the United States — all of which violate the U.S. Constitution and federal law,” Brooks said. “And after I got done explaining that to him, he withdrew his endorsement and endorsed my opponent. So I’m mildly surprised none of these people have made inquiries about the details of this, but it is what it is.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 5:11 pm

Trump lawyers meet with special counsel in Jan. 6 case as potential indictment looms

Quote:
Lawyers for former President Donald Trump met Thursday morning with special counsel Jack Smith's team as a potential indictment of the former president looms, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Posting later on his Truth Social platform, Trump said that "No indication of notice was given" during the meeting regarding a pending indictment.

Trump attorneys John Lauro and Todd Blanche met with Smith's team following the receipt of a target letter alerting Trump he is a target of the special counsel's investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Trump's lawyers were there to make the case for why they believed Trump shouldn't be indicted. Smith was present for the meeting, sources said.

The meeting ended after an hour, sources told ABC News.

Trump confirmed Thursday's meeting in a post on his Truth Social platform.

"My attorneys had a productive meeting with the DOJ this morning, explaining in detail that I did nothing wrong, was advised by many lawyers, and that an Indictment of me would only further destroy our Country," he wrote.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 8:02 pm

The result today are more charges and a new defendant. Apparently Trump tried to have security tapes showing the boxes of classified documents being moved destroyed. I’m not good with the links, but google should bring you to it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 10:57 am

blazingstar wrote:
The result today are more charges and a new defendant. Apparently Trump tried to have security tapes showing the boxes of classified documents being moved destroyed. I’m not good with the links, but google should bring you to it.

Except that trump says it's prosecutorial misconduct and election interference at the highest level ! ! So, clearly trump has done nothing wrong and this is all just politically motivated witch hunt. :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 11:25 am

goldfish21 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

Except that trump says it's prosecutorial misconduct and election interference at the highest level ! ! So, clearly trump has done nothing wrong and this is all just politically motivated witch hunt. :D

Be he got it wrong. It’s not the libs, it’s illegal aliens. Not the ones from s**thole countries but the ones who came from Planet Claire :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2023, 3:02 pm

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 5:53 am

Lol check out the timeline presented in this news clip:

https://fb.watch/mkuERQcZga/?mibextid=uEQos9

Cliffs: trump totally screwed himself by announcing his presidential candidacy so early. Red flag he was doing it to avoid criminal charges.. and gave the DOJ enough time before the 2024 election to charge him lololll

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Aug 2023, 6:11 am

But isn't it so that in the States even a convicted felon who committed serious offences can technically stand as a candidate and serve as President if elected?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 1:16 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
But isn't it so that in the States even a convicted felon who committed serious offences can technically stand as a candidate and serve as President if elected?

Yes, unless it's actual sedition charge convictions - something like that.. if you're found guilty of treason then you can't.

But even if he could technically be elected, it's a stretch to think he would be. Biden is polling a few points above trump, but there's still around ~16% of voters undecided.. and I agree with commentator David Pakman when he says in his opinion it's very unlikely that the majority of undecided voters would vote for a convicted of any of these crimes trump.

That's not to say the election is a foregone conclusion.. it's just unlikely trump's Hail Mary play running for potus to stay out of jail is going to work out for him.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2023, 6:41 pm

OK. I'm trusting you guys to stay on top of this while I'm gone. I'll be out of touch with the "real" world until mid-September.

Once I went canoeing and when I got back the Berlin Wall had fallen. So you never know...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2023, 12:32 pm

blazingstar wrote:
OK. I'm trusting you guys to stay on top of this while I'm gone. I'll be out of touch with the "real" world until mid-September.

Once I went canoeing and when I got back the Berlin Wall had fallen. So you never know...

I doubt all that much is going to happen in the next month besides the Georgia indictments dropping. The real action will be once the trials are underway. Probably for the best to be away for a month then just read a 5-10 point recap vs. waste so much time on the daily trump show soap opera tbh.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 5:07 pm

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 4:40 pm

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2023, 6:16 pm

Generally in any more major court cases, a trick often used by the defense is to drag the trial out to create boredom or fatique on a topic or criminal proceeding. Taking too much of public funds to prosecuete .

12 indictments a lingering .....and a Hangmans noose in a Pear tree .... 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2023, 12:35 pm

My favourite part about the numbers is that the feds have about a 90% or so conviction rate on charges they bring against alleged criminals. They don't bring cases they don't think they can win.. soooo bill barr is right; trump is toast. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2023, 2:38 pm

Listened to a fb vid last night that said the special counsel has been seen still meeting and speculation is that it’s about $$$$, that Jack Smith and crew are investigating trump’s fundraising and spending as fraudulent activities since he lied to his supporters about what he was going to use their money for and grifted hundreds of millions of dollars to support his lifestyle and legal bills instead of campaign. Etc. Plus the inauguration scammed money and other trump ripoffs.

Maybe there’ll be yet another for emoluments clause violations. One can hope, anyways! :D