Page 12 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2023, 5:01 am

Heard anything from or about this guy in a while?

Me neither.

My spidey senses tell me that means we’re about to soon.. because he’s been busy working. Hell, there are still grand jury’s meeting.. there’s a lot of criming to review. My guess based on previous reporting and the fact that there hasn’t been any major updates recently is that more indictments are coming. Probably for the orange guy, maybe for others, too.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2023, 6:36 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 7:32 pm

As shared by Occupy Democrats on Facebook:

Quote:
BREAKING: Special Counsel Jack Smith makes a move like a chess master — files a motion to exclude special pieces of evidence in the 2020 criminal case including Trump's false claim that he is being politically targeted as well as other conspiracy theories.

If successful, this measure will stop Trump from polluting the courtroom with deranged lies...

Additionally, Smith cited the false conspiracy theory that undercover feds were hidden inside the January 6th crowd, working to instigate the violent coup attempt.

MAGA supporters have repeatedly tried to wash away the culpability for their violent actions by blaming the FBI and other federal agencies.

"The Court should not permit the defendant to turn the courtroom into a forum in which he propagates irrelevant disinformation, and should reject his attempt to inject politics into this proceeding," Smith's filing reads.

Smith asked the court to bar Trump from peddling a "theory of selective or vindictive prosecution or to otherwise improperly inject politics into the trial."

The Special Counsel tore into the lie that Trump is being prosecuted to help Democrats—

"In addition to being wrong, these allegations are irrelevant to the jury’s determination of the defendant’s guilt or innocence, would be prejudicial if presented to the jury, and must be excluded," Smith wrote.

On top of that, Smith wants the court to prohibit Trump from telling the jury that other people ""including law enforcement, military forces, unidentified secret agents, and foreign influence" are responsible for the January 6th insurrection.

This is a no-brainer.

The court must grant Jack Smith's request.

Makes sense. Kind of hard to believe this sort of a legal filing even has to be filed.. should be sort of obvious that criminal defendants shouldn’t be allowed to make up a bunch of BS to muddy the waters in the court of public opinion - especially when they’re a former potus. But, this is the world we live in and I guess it’s necessary. Hopefully it’s approved in full and trump has to shut his yap with the nonsense lies and conspiracy theories.