Frankie Boyle's offensive joke about autistic boy

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 7:51 am

Macbeth wrote:
Or made yourself look like a child. You think it a good thing that your "peers" still bandy around the term spastic?

Mind pointing me to exactly where I said anything of the sort?

Quote:
Either way, welcome to helping Boyle propagate ignorance, and helping people believe that everybody disabled is a ret*d mongoloid potential rapist (as opposed to a card-counting ret*d savant, which is another stereotype constantly bounced around by people too stupid to look beyond the first popular culture that hits them in the face.)

Oh no, my forum posts are causing discrimination! Look at all this effect I'm having on society from in front of my computer screen! :roll:

And, clearly, there's even more of an issue with the masses taking comedians and jokes seriously! Maybe everyone will start making chickens cross roads now as well! Oh the horror! :roll:

There really aren't enough rolly eye smileys in the world to properly respond to your senseless posts.

Quote:
Clearly you utterly fail to understand the influence that the media has on the minds of the ignorant. Enjoy your blissful ignorance whilst it lasts.

The media can influence people, of course it can. Biased news does it all the time. But comedians? Not so much.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 8:50 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Or made yourself look like a child. You think it a good thing that your "peers" still bandy around the term spastic?

Mind pointing me to exactly where I said anything of the sort?

Quote:
Either way, welcome to helping Boyle propagate ignorance, and helping people believe that everybody disabled is a ret*d mongoloid potential rapist (as opposed to a card-counting ret*d savant, which is another stereotype constantly bounced around by people too stupid to look beyond the first popular culture that hits them in the face.)

Oh no, my forum posts are causing discrimination! Look at all this effect I'm having on society from in front of my computer screen! :roll:

And, clearly, there's even more of an issue with the masses taking comedians and jokes seriously! Maybe everyone will start making chickens cross roads now as well! Oh the horror! :roll:

There really aren't enough rolly eye smileys in the world to properly respond to your senseless posts.

Quote:
Clearly you utterly fail to understand the influence that the media has on the minds of the ignorant. Enjoy your blissful ignorance whilst it lasts.

The media can influence people, of course it can. Biased news does it all the time. But comedians? Not so much.

You've clearly developed the media skill for doctoring and misquoting. Go back and read the post again, then get back to me in a few years time.

Edit to prove a point: Stalin was a past master at editing history to suit his needs.

Last edited by Macbeth on 17 Dec 2010, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 8:58 am

Macbeth wrote:
You've clearly developed the media skill for doctoring and misquoting. Go back and read the post again, then get back to me in a few years time.

All these accusations but no evidence. Show me where you were misquoted, and don't bother coming back.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 10:10 am

Quote:
Macbeth wrote:

All these accusations but no evidence. Show me where you were misquoted, and don't bother coming back.

This is bordering on personal attack... also how is Macbeth supposed to show you where they were misquoted if they aren't allowed back? Everyone is welcome on this thread, whether their views are the same or differ from my own and others. It's an open discussion.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 10:42 am

Jellybean wrote:
This is bordering on personal attack... also how is Macbeth supposed to show you where they were misquoted if they aren't allowed back? Everyone is welcome on this thread, whether their views are the same or differ from my own and others. It's an open discussion.

I merely responded to his "get back to me in a few years time" comment, which is actually discriminating against me for my age (something Macbeth isn't exactly new to), and is therefore much more of a personal attack than what I said.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 11:26 am

Either everyone make fun of everyone or no one say anything. I think I prefer the former.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 11:52 am

MONKEY wrote:
Either everyone make fun of everyone or no one say anything. I think I prefer the former.

+1.

If you can block someone for making fun of disabled people, some other minority will go and get other people blocked for making fun of them and it just won't end. Censorship is bad.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 4:39 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Jellybean wrote:

I merely responded to his "get back to me in a few years time" comment, which is actually discriminating against me for my age (something Macbeth isn't exactly new to), and is therefore much more of a personal attack than what I said.

Feel free to edit or remove sections of my text as you see fit, in order to change the meaning to what I have said.

Oh sorry, you already DID that.

I discriminated against you because of your age somewhere else? Could you possibly be referring to an earlier thread where your knowledge and experience of long term employment (or lack thereof) is BY DEFINITION compromised, simply because you are not old enough to have BEEN in "long term un/employment"? I'm dreadfully wounded that you think that the truth is "discrimination." Mind you, I'm liking the irony of how you feel you can throw all your toys out of your pram over what you think is "ageism", but people being upset when Boyle mocks the disabled is absolutely fine. If I could be bothered to stomach a viewing of that ginner ballsack long enough, I might go and look up what he has to say about teenagers. I bet its REALLY insulting. Not that I ever said he should be censored or stopped. Just that he is the hideous afterbirth of the Proclaimers and a talentless bag of scots wind who should go back to killing himself on Tenants Full Strength, as a better use of his "lack of" talents.

You want the FULL quote?

"You think it a good thing that your "peers" still bandy around the term spastic? Or you just don't care?"

See how the bit you sliced off changes the nature of the question? How DO you feel about your little friends using that term, and for that matter, how exactly are they using it? You never answered. Are they using it as an antiquated term for someone with Cerebral Palsy?Is it being used by a rude arrogant child who thinks they are being clever? I believe we discounted them from being pensioners who grew up with the term as it was used in a pre-derogatory fashion. Over to you, young man. Lets see how much of my post you can edit to fit your own beliefs and opinion.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 4:53 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Jellybean wrote:

Feel free to edit or remove sections of my text as you see fit, in order to change the meaning to what I have said.

I discriminated against you because of your age somewhere else? Could you possibly be referring to an earlier thread where your knowledge and experience of long term employment (or lack thereof) is BY DEFINITION compromised, simply because you are not old enough to have BEEN in "long term un/employment"? I'm dreadfully wounded that you think that the truth is "discrimination." Mind you, I'm liking the irony of how you feel you can throw all your toys out of your pram over what you think is "ageism", but people being upset when Boyle mocks the disabled is absolutely fine. If I could be bothered to stomach a viewing of that ginner ballsack long enough, I might go and look up what he has to say about teenagers. I bet its REALLY insulting. Not that I ever said he should be censored or stopped. Just that he is the hideous afterbirth of the Proclaimers and a talentless bag of scots wind who should go back to killing himself on Tenants Full Strength, as a better use of his "lack of" talents.

You want the FULL quote?

"You think it a good thing that your "peers" still bandy around the term spastic? Or you just don't care?"

See how the bit you sliced off changes the nature of the question? How DO you feel about your little friends using that term, and for that matter, how exactly are they using it? You never answered. Are they using it as an antiquated term for someone with Cerebral Palsy?Is it being used by a rude arrogant child who thinks they are being clever? I believe we discounted them from being pensioners who grew up with the term as it was used in a pre-derogatory fashion. Over to you, young man. Lets see how much of my post you can edit to fit your own beliefs and opinion.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 5:24 pm

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 5:41 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Jellybean wrote:

You want the FULL quote?

If I were to discredit someone's opinion based on their race, that'd be discrimination. Therefore, doing the same based on age is also discrimination. Is there something there you don't understand, since you evidently think having a larger number as your age makes you so much smarter than me?

Ageism is a recognised form of discrimination, in fact.

Wikipedia wrote:
Ageism, also called age discrimination is stereotyping of and discrimination against individuals or groups because of their age. It is a set of beliefs, attitudes, norms, and values used to justify age based prejudice and discrimination. [...] The term has also been used to describe prejudice and discrimination against adolescents and children, including ignoring their ideas because they are too young, or assuming that they should behave in certain ways because of their age.[6]

There are laws set out to fight against ageism. Were this indeed a workplace environment, I could get you fired right now, so you're lucky that isn't the case.

Oh, and one of those businesses you described as "selling sweets to my friends" made me £45 in the space of two hours today. What do you make in that time, Mr. Wiseman? :roll:

BTW, I couldn't care less what jokes Boyle tells about teenagers. Hell, I wouldn't even care if you made a joke about teenagers. But serious discrimination is unacceptable, no matter what group it's aimed at, so quit trying talking crap in a lame attempt to justify it.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:34 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Jellybean wrote:

You want the FULL quote?

If I were to discredit someone's opinion based on their race, that'd be discrimination. Therefore, doing the same based on age is also discrimination. Is there something there you don't understand, since you evidently think having a larger number as your age makes you so much smarter than me?

Wikipedia wrote:
Ageism, also called age discrimination is stereotyping of and discrimination against individuals or groups because of their age. It is a set of beliefs, attitudes, norms, and values used to justify age based prejudice and discrimination. [...] The term has also been used to describe prejudice and discrimination against adolescents and children, including ignoring their ideas because they are too young, or assuming that they should behave in certain ways because of their age.[6]

There are laws set out to fight against ageism. Were this indeed a workplace environment, I could get you fired right now, so you're lucky that isn't the case.

Oh, and one of those businesses you described as "selling sweets to my friends" made me £45 in the space of two hours today. What do you make in that time, Mr. Wiseman? :roll:

BTW, I couldn't care less what jokes Boyle tells about teenagers. Hell, I wouldn't even care if you made a joke about teenagers. But serious discrimination is unacceptable, no matter what group it's aimed at, so quit trying talking crap in a lame attempt to justify it.

Actually I think what you will find is that I DISCOUNTED your opinion based on your lack of EXPERIENCE in the subject. The reason you LACK that experience happens to be that having experience in it requires the passage of a degree of time. Or are you trying to claim that you at 16 have had 20 years of employment? Or 20 years of unemployment? Unless one of your "businesses" happens to be "building a time machine", I doubt it. For that matter, you could be selling crack to your mates, in which case its liable you could not only make £45 quid in two hours, but also be off your tits enough to THINK you were making time machines. Remind me, how much tax did you pay on that £45?

You aren't old enough to work where I work, nor where I used to work. Child Employment law prevents it, and has done since the mid seventies or thereabouts. And if by some mischance you were to shore up there, I would have the greatest pleasure (and complete legal discretion) in removing you from the premises. Should you desire it otherwise, you have two recourses. The first and most effective is to get older. Failing that maybe you could lobby your local MP to be allowed to work up a chimney somewhere. Failing that you could emigrate to somewhere that allows children to work in sweatshops. I hear they pay quite well. Mind you, I can tell you're going to endear yourself to future workmates when you enter the adult employment market. You're going to have a LOT of fun with that.

Closer to topic: Your "threats" (lol) about Age discrimination are a pretty significant indication that you DO get quite upset when people mock your age, and yet you seem to think that people have no right to be upset by Boyle and his "comedy", which is substantially more insulting to those involved than you being reminded that some things only happen after years of life, which you have yet to live.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 6:43 pm

Incidentally, Tramadol nights is on now, and its f*****g dull. Seems to rely entirely on punchlines about having a debilitating disease. I suppose it might appeal to a particularly juvenile mindset, but generally its just one long "fart joke" except that the butt of the joke s**ts himself to death in front of his family. Ho Ho f*****g Ho.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 7:42 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Jellybean wrote:

You want the FULL quote?

Wikipedia wrote:

Actually I think what you will find is that I DISCOUNTED your opinion based on your lack of EXPERIENCE in the subject. The reason you LACK that experience happens to be that having experience in it requires the passage of a degree of time. Or are you trying to claim that you at 16 have had 20 years of employment? Or 20 years of unemployment? Unless one of your "businesses" happens to be "building a time machine", I doubt it. For that matter, you could be selling crack to your mates, in which case its liable you could not only make £45 quid in two hours, but also be off your tits enough to THINK you were making time machines. Remind me, how much tax did you pay on that £45?

You aren't old enough to work where I work, nor where I used to work. Child Employment law prevents it, and has done since the mid seventies or thereabouts. And if by some mischance you were to shore up there, I would have the greatest pleasure (and complete legal discretion) in removing you from the premises. Should you desire it otherwise, you have two recourses. The first and most effective is to get older. Failing that maybe you could lobby your local MP to be allowed to work up a chimney somewhere. Failing that you could emigrate to somewhere that allows children to work in sweatshops. I hear they pay quite well. Mind you, I can tell you're going to endear yourself to future workmates when you enter the adult employment market. You're going to have a LOT of fun with that.

Closer to topic: Your "threats" (lol) about Age discrimination are a pretty significant indication that you DO get quite upset when people mock your age, and yet you seem to think that people have no right to be upset by Boyle and his "comedy", which is substantially more insulting to those involved than you being reminded that some things only happen after years of life, which you have yet to live.

You've pretty much proven everything I've said to be correct with this post. I need add nothing else.

On the topic of the busiess, though, the £45 is my profit. I expect I'll make a further £100 profit with some extra hours and more stock next week when I spend another day doing more selling

Oh, and you didn't answer my question: do you make £45 in two hours in your job? If not, then despite your constant insistence that I'm to be disregarded as a "child" and that my profitable business is nothing, I have better wages than you ;)

So, yeah, you can put me down all you like if that's what's needed to satisfy your pathetic ego, but fact is it don't mean s**t to me, since I'm already more successful than you, even though I've only had 16 years to achieve it, and believe me, a mere few hundred quid in a day is just the start ;)

P.S. I've been consistently LOLing at how immature you've been while calling me a child. I don't even think you see the irony in that. How tragic.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 8:20 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Jellybean wrote:

You want the FULL quote?

Wikipedia wrote:

You've pretty much proven everything I've said to be correct with this post. I need add nothing else.

On the topic of the busiess, though, the £45 is my profit. I expect I'll make a further £100 profit with some extra hours and more stock next week when I spend another day doing more selling

Oh, and you didn't answer my question: do you make £45 in two hours in your job? If not, then despite your constant insistence that I'm to be disregarded as a "child" and that my profitable business is nothing, I have better wages than you ;)

I am so sorry that you feel that by living 16 years you have the same life experience as someone two or even three times your age. I'm even more saddened that you think boasting is big or clever. Even more so, it wearies me that you think I give a f**k what you made in two hours, or that you might make another hundred next week (£145 in two weeks isn't much more than Jobseekers, and it certainly isn't going to cover rent, utilities and tax.) or that your pocket money earning is going well. Its still not "big money." For someone who didn't want to disclose any of the details of his "business" you seem suddenly to be very interested in making out like you are some big shot business wunderkind. I believe that I actually commended your desire to make money in another thread rather than languish on the dole, though you seem to have missed that, and instead you are developing this bitterness and desire to show off. And I'm not at all sure what you think boasting about making some small change has got to do with Frankie Boyle being a s**t comedian who now looks like the rapist dad from This Is England 86.

It doesn't matter how much you claim to make. My 13 year old son makes more money than that. What of it? Your reading comprehension is still dire. Because I understand that you lack life experience in the world of employment, I must therefore be disregarding everything you say because you are a child? You just can't entertained the possibility I might be disregarding things you say because you are wrong? I judge comments as much by their merit as by the age of the poster. (Sensible enough, given that the age of posters is not always extant.) Your comments in the employment thread lacked gravitas due to a simple lack of experience, and lost merit after you repeatedly demanded that you deserve respect regardless of your age. Your comments in THIS thread lack merit to my mind mostly because you are suffering from a massive dose of hypocrisy and a chronic hang up about ageism, which apparently is more important and more of an issue than disablism.

And yes, I could still eject you from any workplace of mine, and no amount of weeping or arguing is going to change the fact that you legally are not old enough to be there. Do you think that because you are smarter than the average child that you are somehow above such laws? You certainly give that impression.

That or you really do think you can time travel and thus have the life experience an extra 15-20 years provides.

And if you want to get really juvenile: You still haven't answered MY question either. the one you saw fit to butcher so you could act all indignant?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 8:28 pm

OMG YOU TOOK TWO PARAGRAPHS OFF OF MY POST YOU MISQUOTED ME!! !! !

That's my impresion of you. You're pretty hypocritical doing that, too, in all seriousness.

Now, this perticular business has been running for only a month, but has only just received its first stock last week. So, in the space of a week, I seem to have started a business which makes me more than you wage-wise (at least, I assume so since you're so reluctant to answer the question).

Now, if you'd quoted the entirity of my post, you'd have seen I said "a mere few hundred quid in a day is just the start." No, I'm not a big shot, but I've been selling for a week and I'm making more than you by the hour. What does that tell you?