Page 3 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:01 am

I've just voted Labour for the first time in my life. I usually vote for a far-left party or an outright joke candidate as a protest against the system. Seriously doubt whether a Corbyn government could succeed though, still too many Blairite-type Labour MPs in parliament.

Edit: Also a bit concerned about what could happen in the financial markets after a Labour victory - I could see the Pound tanking, possibly to below $1.

Last edited by DeepHour on 08 Jun 2017, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sallee92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

I've just voted Labour ^_^.Been rather impressed with our Labour candidate also.

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2017, 10:13 am

I've just voted labour too!
I really want some good news in the morning!
JC 4 PM! he'll bring on electoral reform and hopefully we'll some radicle changes for the better here in the UK.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 10:21 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
I'm supposed to go to vote today, and this is the first time I've seriously considered staying home and not voting.

I honestly cannot decide WHO to vote for. I'm equally disgusted with ALL of them.

Every single candidate and party has serious problems for me. Each one has something positive I would have normally voted for, alongside another policy that I strongly disagree with, is not what I want, and which prohibits me from choosing them. Every last one of them.

So I honestly do not know what to do.

Welcome to how we have been feeling in the states for decades :(

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

Usually a Lib Dem voter but went Labour today. Tories just taking us down a dark path with attacks on disability benefits, dismantling the health service, cuts after cuts to school budgets, cosying up to terrorists in Saudi for the sake of money etc etc

Still predicting a Tory win by 60-70ish seats. Would love a big centre-left coalition.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2017, 12:26 pm

Labour is anti Israel. Which I agree with, I'm sick of Theresa May and the british Tories.
but she will win because The City within London has Rothschild and all of the big banks of the world located in London.
Rothschild loves the Tories.
They won't let Colbyn win. Which is sad.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 1:21 pm

Don't forget the influence of the written media too who are in the pockets of the Tories. The Tories didn't drop the Leveson 2 enquiry for no reason.

Also they appear to no longer oppose the ivory trade which is a weird one, but quite predictable from them.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 1:40 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
I'm supposed to go to vote today, and this is the first time I've seriously considered staying home and not voting.

I honestly cannot decide WHO to vote for. I'm equally disgusted with ALL of them.

Every single candidate and party has serious problems for me. Each one has something positive I would have normally voted for, alongside another policy that I strongly disagree with, is not what I want, and which prohibits me from choosing them. Every last one of them.

So I honestly do not know what to do.

Hey BIF, LTNS. :D

How come you dislike Corbyn?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:38 pm

I voted, SNP.

Few ales in fridge ready to watch the results later tonight.

Really hope Labour get a few seats off the tory warmongers in England.

Corbyn is a good man, shame the Scottish branch of labour has become poisoned.

Labour to have talks with SNP to get Corbyn as PM.

Hung parliament result.

So hope the under 30s in England actually voted this time.

Come on Jez.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:55 pm

I have election fatigue. I'm sick of voting. Referendums, local elections, calling this surprise general election --- STOP.

I wish it would all just stop. I'm sick of it. I want things settled. I want it to be four years or five years or whatever the flying hell it is.

I'm sick of there always being ANOTHER thing we are voting for -- and then most of us don't get our wish.

I'm sick of it.

I spoiled my ballot deliberately. I have a choice four letter word for ALL of these pieces of sh*t. Every one of them has a policy or more that is so EFFING insane and unfair that I can't get behind ANY of these a-holes.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 4:56 pm

HauntedKnight wrote:
I'm voting Labour, and am a big supporter of Jeremy Corbyn. I'm in favour of more investment in public services, free healthcare and education for all, and increasing the minimum wage.

Um.. healthcare is free already. Education in Uni's will still be at a price, and increasing the minimum wage was going to happen under Torries. I do not support extreme left policies or those favouring more power in one constituentcy than the whole of the U.K put together.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:01 pm

8O 8O 8O

Wow, just wow

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Please be more civil QA, that constitutes a personal attack. You can attack policies, opinions etc but not members.

QuillAlba wrote:
That wasn't a personal attack.

Different political views, haha you nutter, was being friendly.
They are from UK also and hopefully understand my meaning, I was in no way suggesting they were dangerous or insane.

I'm fine with people being extremists of the right or left, I even have a laugh with them, I mean they are wrong, but it's not their fault.

Well, i'd say it was. Do you call other people from my constituentcy 'a nutter'? I object to being called anything, if you can't quote someone sensible don't quote them at all. You actually said it again, its a method to maliciously offend your known opposition, which i guess i am,- so it's best you quote another person who also has clear strong minded views.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:09 pm

Empathy wrote:
HauntedKnight wrote:
I'm voting Labour, and am a big supporter of Jeremy Corbyn. I'm in favour of more investment in public services, free healthcare and education for all, and increasing the minimum wage.

Um.. healthcare is free already. Education in Uni's will still be at a price, and increasing the minimum wage was going to happen under Torries. I do not support extreme left policies or those favouring more power in one constituentcy than the whole of the U.K put together.

What?

The tories are privatising the NHS, next step is paying. Look into this seriously, it's been happening for years.

The tories benefit rich people, are you rich?
If not then it's time to educate yourself about politics.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm

QuillAlba wrote:

The tories are privatising the NHS, next step is paying. Look into this seriously, it's been happening for years.

Do you know what being offensive is? or do you need to come off your high pedestal and think your country the great Scotland is in everyones interests here to back a gobby thin lipped clown who can't process she's not the P.M nor will she ever be? Stick to your brainwashed methods and stop quoting people who you can't agree with.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm

Empathy wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:

Do you know what being offensive is? or do you need to come off your high pedestal and think your country the great Scotland is in everyones interests here to back a gobby thin lipped clown who can't process she's not the P.M nor will she ever be? Stick to your brainwashed methods and stop quoting people who you can't agree with.

The topic was the NHS.

Seriously, it's not looking good for our NHS under the tories.

The NHS should be protected by any elected government, it's very important and precious.

*also what you wrote is also a personal insult, but I forgive you my friend*