Trump demands new election, or to be reinstated as president

Page 3 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 4:00 am

Cornflake wrote:
Hunter Biden is a different topic - feel free to start a thread on him.

How is Hunter Biden a different subject when he's the object of Trump's tweet, which is what this thread is about?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 4:17 am

The thread is about Trump and his latest machinations to remain president, not Hunter Biden and what's supposed to be on his laptop, and/or the FBI's relationship with that.

If you want to discuss Hunter Biden and the issues relating to him then yes, start a new thread about him instead of using one about Trump.

Maybe "Hunter Biden's laptop and the FBI" ?

(now available here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408340&p=9122302#p9122275 )

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 7:46 am

Why is Trump making these demands?

- Rick Sanchez

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 7:51 am

Frankly, Trump is desperate.

He's tossing Hail Mary passes.....hoping somebody on his team will catch it. Usually, in Hail Mary passes, the pass is either intercepted, or drops incomplete. American football reference.

Also similar to the guy who goes up to 100 women and asks them out, hoping one will say "yes."

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 8:03 am

Dox47 wrote:
Why is Trump making these demands?
Because he's lost touch with reality and inhabits a fantasy world where he won the election.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:08 am

He's crazy....like a fox.

He's using this "demand" as some sort of deluded "bargaining chip."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:44 am

Donald Trump can run for president again in 2024; but social media posts suggesting he has been or is about to be reinstated are wrong.

The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to take up an election law case pertaining to the powers of state legislatures.  A ruling is expected next summer that could affect future elections, but not results from 2020.

Read the Full Story
 HERE 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
He's crazy....like a fox.
No . . . even a 'crazy' fox occasionally gets a chicken.

Trump is in no position to demand anything, especially reinstatement or a new election.

He is more like a three-legged junkyard dog -- lame, loud, and surrounded by trash.

Look! It’s a Junkyard Dog! 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:58 am

Seems people are still terrified he'll become president again. He's certainly achieved being the most talked about person on earth.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:59 am

I hope he wins.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:17 am

Hitler was talked about quite a bit, too.....

(Not comparing Trump to Hitler, mind you. Hitler was in his own category)

Trump wants to destroy the foundations of our country. I, as a patriot, cannot take this lying down.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 9:26 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Seems people are still terrified he'll become president again.
If he regains the Presidency he'll complete what he started and take America down with him in a smoking ruin.

Don't you know? Everything Trump touches dies. Don't believe it? Check his achievements in business. Think he was different while President? Check what he promised/bragged about vs. what he delivered. Healthcare was one of the early ones.

But he really won with those days out golfing, and waaay exceeded what Obama managed. Good show, or something! :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:04 am

Trump couldn't touch Obama in basketball, though....

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:12 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Anyone who thinks the Hunter Biden laptop story could have changed the election does not understand why Biden won.

Yeah, Trump is grasping at straws but it feeds his base and keeps donations rolling in.

It is a long shot but while Biden won the popular vote comfortably the election came down to several thousand votes in a few states.

Even if irrefutable evidence surfaced today that Joe Biden and the media conspired to throw the election to Biden the election result will not be changed sans revolution or coup. Once the electoral college was certified nothing further constitutionally can be done. Based on the above my first reaction was like yours, this is pathetic. In a normal country this conclusion is a no brainer. But after what we have seen the last seven I can’t be so confident, I just can’t.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:20 am

Part of Trump's claim seems to be that alleged suppression of irrelevant events was an act of election fraud, when such an act -- if it ever occurred -- would only be an act of lawful manipulation not covered by election rules.

And even if the alleged suppression turns out to be real, it would not affect the outcome of the election in which Trump was not elected, for the reason I just stated and for the reasons cited by ASPartOfMe above.

Face it, Trump's claims have no bearing in his election loss, and his demands will not likely be met.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:28 am

Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Seems people are still terrified he'll become president again.
If he regains the Presidency he'll complete what he started and take America down with him in a smoking ruin.

Don't you know? Everything Trump touches dies. Don't believe it? Check his achievements in business. Think he was different while President? Check what he promised/bragged about vs. what he delivered. Healthcare was one of the early ones.

But he really won with those days out golfing, and waaay exceeded what Obama managed. Good show, or something! :roll:

America was alright with Trump at the helm. I'm not saying he was a great president. But generally things went alright. Unemployment was down the economy was up. There were no new wars for America to fight. I haven't heard anything about healthcare reform taking place under the current administration. Obama actually took my zero premium $300 per year deductible health insurance away from me, and I went without from 2011 until my company went union around 2016.