Shooting at LGBT nightclub in Florida, 20 injured

Page 4 of 19 [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm

xenocity wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Doesn't mean anything, since they claim anything that could benefit them.

Surprised Al Queada does not claim responsibilty for these attacks

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2016, 3:08 pm

xenocity wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Omar is an American born citizen, born in NY, to American parents.

I'm not so sure about that bit----everything I've read / heard about them, said they were Afghans.

The FBI cleared it up stating the medical records claim he was an American born citizen as was his parents.

There has been Afghans in this country for over a hundred years.

He called 911 claiming allegience to ISIS right before he started shooting.

ISIS wouldn't claim responsibility unless they had a stake in it; They claimed responsibility before the above was revealed to the press. No way they would've known he'd swear allegience to them unless they were at least somewhat involved.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:12 pm

docfox wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
xenocity wrote:

I'm not so sure about that bit----everything I've read / heard about them, said they were Afghans.

The FBI cleared it up stating the medical records claim he was an American born citizen as was his parents.

ISIS wouldn't claim responsibility unless they had a stake in it; They claimed responsibility before the above was revealed to the press. No way they would've known he'd swear allegience to them unless they were at least somewhat involved.

ISIS will claim anything if it gives them international coverage.

ISIS still hasn't mentioned San Bernidino.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm

The gunman had pledged allegiance to Islamic State, was licensed to own guns, and was a registered democrat to boot.

docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2016, 3:15 pm

xenocity wrote:
docfox wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
xenocity wrote:

you've just contradicted yourself lol.

If ISIS will claim anything that gives them coverage, why didin't they claim San Bernadino?

Answer: Because any "reputable" terror group will only claim what it had a real hand in. Claiming everything will make it look like they're bluffing when they threaten their next attack if it's proven they weren't involved, not something they want.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm

docfox wrote:
xenocity wrote:
docfox wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
xenocity wrote:

you've just contradicted yourself lol.

If ISIS will claim anything that gives them coverage, why didin't they claim San Bernadino?

Answer: Because any "reputable" terror group will only claim what it had a real hand in.

The FBI says ISIS was behind it and still claiming it.
They have released "proof" that ISIS was behind it.

San Bernadino didn't get full international coverage and the media coverage that Orlando received.
the only reason why San Bernadino stated in the press for so long, was due to the FBI fighting Apple and Microsoft.
The U.S. and international press reported on Apple and Microsoft refusing to support the FBI on forcefully complying with the court order to unlock the iPhone 5c in question.
Then it turned into a scandal of the FBI ordering the San Bernadino health department ordering the IT department to change the passwords on the phone, locking them out of it, so they could take the issue to court.

San Bernadino is known for Apple beating the FBI, over the FBI's mishandling of the iPhone not the people who died.

Orlando is the biggest mass shooting in U.S. History in the middle of an election cycle with no other part of the story to detract from it.
Many Christian Conservatives are supporting what happened in Orlando, due to their hate of LGBT community.

The FBI and Orlando police say they haven't found any connection to ISIS yet, but they have found evidence of him being mentally unstable.

The international press is present in Orlando reporting on the shooting and whether or not it is terrorism.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org

We are at 5,932 deaths by guns before Orlando happened for 2016.
We should be over 6,000 due to Orlando.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm

All we need is a few more of these attacks under our belt, then they will declare Martial Law and there will be no election. That will leave us with exactly what they want - a supreme ruler over America who is already in the White House - A MUSLIM. And we won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:34 pm

nurseangela wrote:
All we need is a few more of these attacks under our belt, then they will declare Martial Law and there will be no election. That will leave us with exactly what they want - a supreme ruler over America who is already in the White House - A MUSLIM. And we won't be able to do a damn thing about it.

People still believe this?

Bush II had a member of Congress submit a bill to give the president the power to delay the elections until it was safe to hold them (in 2003).

Obama is a Christian who was heavily criticized for how is pastor spoke during his campaign for presidency in 2008.
Obama regularly attend the National Cathedral and the main protestant church in DC too.

The President can only declare martial law, when a Declaration of War is in place.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm

xenocity wrote:
If what the neighbor and ex-wife said are true, then the shooter was mentally unstable.

As was the Colorado Springs abortion clinic shooter, and all the others who've attacked clinics, parades, marathons and buildings. Including the guy who just attempted to attack the L.A. Pride parade. And the Boston Marathon bombers.

That doesn't absolve the leaders of the religions to which the attackers claimed alliance. The leaders spew out their violence-inspiring rhetoric day after day, increasing the vitriol until something happens. Because doing so increases their power and usually their wealth, too. Eventually one of the less stable people who listen snaps and does bad things. And then the religious leaders typically do one of two things: If they are Muslim, they claim responsibility because they are a minority and feel the need to display power. If they are Christian they absolve themselves of all possible responsibility because they are a majority and don't want to lose power. Either way, extremist religious leaders inspire and provoke mentally ill people to do bad things and innocent people die.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:40 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Somebody missed their meds.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:44 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
xenocity wrote:
If what the neighbor and ex-wife said are true, then the shooter was mentally unstable.

As was the Colorado Springs abortion clinic shooter, and all the others who've attacked clinics, parades, marathons and buildings. Including the guy who just attempted to attack the L.A. Pride parade. And the Boston Marathon bombers.

That doesn't absolve the leaders of the religions to which the attackers claimed alliance. The leaders spew out their violence-inspiring rhetoric day after day, increasing the vitriol until something happens. Because doing so increases their power and usually their wealth, too. Eventually one of the less stable people who listen snaps and does bad things. And then the religious leaders typically do one of two things: If they are Muslim, they claim responsibility because they are a minority and feel the need to display power. If they are Christian they absolve themselves of all possible responsibility because they are a majority and don't want to lose power. Either way, extremist religious leaders inspire and provoke mentally ill people to do bad things and innocent people die.

The only religions that have any form of leaders are Catholics wit the Pope, Orthodox Christians with the head Patriarchs in Greece, Coptic's with their own Pope, and Hindus with their leader.

Islam hasn't had a an official leader since the split in 800 AD and the Caliphate was dissolved at the end of World War I when the ottoman empire broke up.

Many imams around the world express extremist views that included violence against those who reject "God's Will"
Many protestant pastors around the world express extremist views including violence against those who reject "God's Will"
Many jewish rabbis around the world express extremist views including violence against those who reject Israeli and "God's Will"
Same goes for other smaller religions.

More people die each year at the hands of Jewish extremism than Muslim extremism, though this year the numbers might tie due to Syria.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm

I have to say it, I hope the Orlando attacker, and the thwarted attacker in SoCal are not linked to Autism and if they are the "Autism defence" is not tried.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:49 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I have to say it, I hope the Orlando attacker, and the thwarted attacker in SoCal are not linked to Autism and if they are the "Autism defence" is not tried.

Geez, that's the last thing we need right now. It was bad enough when that staring eyed lunatic shot up the Sandy Hook school.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Geez, that's the last thing we need right now. It was bad enough when that staring eyed lunatic shot up the Sandy Hook school.

It's most likely going to be proven as mental health due to the ex-wife reports due to the police from her marriage to him.
They didn't last long before divorcing, with her citing his mental health and aggression.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2016, 3:55 pm

Trump issued a full statement
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... st-attacks

He gets key facts about the Orlando shooter purposely wrong... The shooter is confirmed to be American born citizen by the FBI.

Anyways read the statement at your own risk.