Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 7:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It's fact that major coastal regions in the USA have higher educated populations than the central flyover states. California isn't the only one. New York is another example. It's fact that California sets the tone for environmental emissions regulations in the USA & in turn for Canada/others, as they have the strictest rules and thus to be compliant in California means they can sell elsewhere with ease. It's my opinion that the West Coast mentality of long term sustainability is a better way to make decisions.

Sure, got people, get votes. Go Texas! That's the way democracy works. Votes = power. That's why Trump & Co. are actively trying to suppress the votes of people that don't like them. But votes should = power and control. It's the same age old stuff. "He who holds the gold makes the rules," wherein this case it isn't necessarily monetary wealth but the wealth of quantity of voters. The strong rule over the weak. If your state is weak due to low population numbers, encourage people to move there, encourage locals to increase the birth rate etc. The same holds true for entire countries, Canada included.

I've been out to sea off the California coast. It has a thick brown haze. I always figured that's why they're so into emissions control.

So then why aren't you in favor of Trump making the rich richer, if you're in favor of he who holds the gold makes the rules and the strong/rich ruling over the weak/poor? That was like the most capitalist statement I ever read.

Because Trump & Co. are s**t rulers & deserve to be overthrown by the people, whether by votes or physical force. If they were any good at their jobs "#RESIST" wouldn't exist and things would be fine just as they are for others who work for wealthy people at the corporations that sign their paycheques. But these people have proven to be ineffective leaders and rulers, only it for themselves, and thus their reign should be deservingly short lived when they're voted out/taken out back and beaten or w/e end they meet. Rich, powerful, leaders who are appreciated & respected deserve to keep their thrown & status for making decisions that benefit their citizens. Idiots like Trump deserve to be challenged in a fight to the death by anyone better fit to govern.

#resist and #notmypresident seems more like hysteria to me. Mainly because it existed full force before he was even president.

What's the nation's current overall situation regarding jobs and that economy? Personally I know a couple of working class people who got raises and paid less tax going into this year.

I'm not an economist specializing in US federal employment data and thus don't have the answer. Google it.

As is by design of the new tax legislation. Don't be so short sighted. The new tax code is intended to give small breaks for the first few years, but several years in and those cuts are gone and the majority of working class Americans will be paying more taxes, not less. The reason for a short term cut is because they're hoping that with a few extra dollars in their accounts now, enough people will be stupid enough to re-elect Trump.

How can you play the "I'm not an economist" card, then go on to make prognications about the economy? Is it that you're not an economist, but you are a fortune teller? Stuff you write strikes me as very contradictory.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 7:58 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

#resist and #notmypresident seems more like hysteria to me. Mainly because it existed full force before he was even president.

What's the nation's current overall situation regarding jobs and that economy? Personally I know a couple of working class people who got raises and paid less tax going into this year.

Yeah at first working class people will be seeing less tax with his plan, but the part the GOP is not advertising is that over time those taxes will be raised.

During Obama's presidency I also recall a lot of #notmypresident and Nobama slogans/bumper stickers.

That sounds a bit fishy to me that they're saying, "oh sure things will be great for now, but years later those things will get just awful under the same system".

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 8:01 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Here is some more of Trump trying to 'do a good job' for the american people:

Apparently he'd prefer unemployed coal miners or other workers in the diminishing industry stay unemployed rather than have other opportunities, because he is cutting programs that are there to help bring alternative industries to their towns to provide work.

Trump caring about the american people

What's the nation's current overall situation regarding jobs and economy?

Good for the very wealthy bad for the people who actually do the labor, also housing costs are outweighing a lot of peoples incomes.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with my post. What do you think of Trump cutting funding to help these out of work coal workers get back to work in more modern industries and to start rebuilding infrastructure for their towns. A lot of these people voted for Trump...and he's cutting something that helps them?

I'd have to research what's going on with that specific demographic beyond an article form a publication I never heard of before. Isn't the overall number of jobs and good economy across the board what matters? If the rich are getting richer, what does that matter if there are more jobs and a better economy for most everyone else?

Well I am sure you can find more information, that was just an article I found on google...I learned about this from a recent documentary. Still seems screwed up that Trump would be against federal funding that helps them.

Also the problem is there aren't more jobs and better economy for most everyone else. Even if there are 'more jobs' it doesn't really help if the wages are still low enough you're paying more than half your income for rent. But are there really more jobs? Seems like a lot of large multi-billion dollar companies in honor of Trumps tax breaks have given CEOs raises and layed of thousands of employees.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 8:03 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yeah at first working class people will be seeing less tax with his plan, but the part the GOP is not advertising is that over time those taxes will be raised.

During Obama's presidency I also recall a lot of #notmypresident and Nobama slogans/bumper stickers.

That sounds a bit fishy to me that they're saying, "oh sure things will be great for now, but years later those things will get just awful under the same system".

Not that many years later, I think it was the middle class/lower class tax breaks are in place for 2 years before the increase starts. Look at the tax plan for yourself, its really not that great.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 8:30 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
It's fact that major coastal regions in the USA have higher educated populations than the central flyover states. California isn't the only one. New York is another example. It's fact that California sets the tone for environmental emissions regulations in the USA & in turn for Canada/others, as they have the strictest rules and thus to be compliant in California means they can sell elsewhere with ease. It's my opinion that the West Coast mentality of long term sustainability is a better way to make decisions.

Sure, got people, get votes. Go Texas! That's the way democracy works. Votes = power. That's why Trump & Co. are actively trying to suppress the votes of people that don't like them. But votes should = power and control. It's the same age old stuff. "He who holds the gold makes the rules," wherein this case it isn't necessarily monetary wealth but the wealth of quantity of voters. The strong rule over the weak. If your state is weak due to low population numbers, encourage people to move there, encourage locals to increase the birth rate etc. The same holds true for entire countries, Canada included.

I've been out to sea off the California coast. It has a thick brown haze. I always figured that's why they're so into emissions control.

So then why aren't you in favor of Trump making the rich richer, if you're in favor of he who holds the gold makes the rules and the strong/rich ruling over the weak/poor? That was like the most capitalist statement I ever read.

Because Trump & Co. are s**t rulers & deserve to be overthrown by the people, whether by votes or physical force. If they were any good at their jobs "#RESIST" wouldn't exist and things would be fine just as they are for others who work for wealthy people at the corporations that sign their paycheques. But these people have proven to be ineffective leaders and rulers, only it for themselves, and thus their reign should be deservingly short lived when they're voted out/taken out back and beaten or w/e end they meet. Rich, powerful, leaders who are appreciated & respected deserve to keep their thrown & status for making decisions that benefit their citizens. Idiots like Trump deserve to be challenged in a fight to the death by anyone better fit to govern.

I'm not an economist specializing in US federal employment data and thus don't have the answer. Google it.

As is by design of the new tax legislation. Don't be so short sighted. The new tax code is intended to give small breaks for the first few years, but several years in and those cuts are gone and the majority of working class Americans will be paying more taxes, not less. The reason for a short term cut is because they're hoping that with a few extra dollars in their accounts now, enough people will be stupid enough to re-elect Trump.

How can you play the "I'm not an economist" card, then go on to make prognications about the economy? Is it that you're not an economist, but you are a fortune teller? Stuff you write strikes me as very contradictory.

Just because I know that coastal cities have higher education levels and California sets emissions standards doesn’t mean I’ve researched and committed to memory what the USA’s employment figures are. Get real, EzraS.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 8:33 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No. It’s the actual math of the tax legislation that dictates this. It was headline news for weeks before and after the tax code was passed. It was also discussed on these forums.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 9:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Just because I know that coastal cities have higher education levels and California sets emissions standards doesn’t mean I’ve researched and committed to memory what the USA’s employment figures are. Get real, EzraS.

Actually the term is education ranking. Utah comes in 3rd, Iowa comes in 5th, Nebraska 9th, North Dakota 10th. California comes in 26th.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 9:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No. It’s the actual math of the tax legislation that dictates this. It was headline news for weeks before and after the tax code was passed. It was also discussed on these forums.

That doesn't negate it sounding a bit fishy to me.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 9:08 am

He has grown up and acquired some common sense in his old age.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 6:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That doesn't negate it sounding a bit fishy to me.

Interesting how you're never wrong nor learn anything new.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 7:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Interesting how you're never wrong nor learn anything new.

My teachers will tell you you're incorrect on both counts.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 10:36 pm

Watching people worry about impeaching Trump is hilarious. Unless Trump goes completely haywire, it isn't going to happen.

Even if the Democrats take control of the House and Senate in the mid-term elections, they aren't going to impeach Trump. There will undoubtedly be members who want to impeach him, but the last thing they will want is to give the Republicans reason to arbitrarily impeach the next Democratic President if they control both houses.

Furthermore, even if impeached, it won't matter. It would go to the Senate to try the impeachment. Unless there is a very real reason to convict him of the impeachment, they couldn't possibly sway enough Republicans to convict -- remember that it takes a 2/3 vote to convict him of the impeachment and there is no way that the Democrats would have a chance of winning that many seats in the midterm elections. I have my doubts that the Senate would vote to convict him of his impeachment even if there were valid reasons to do so.

So all this talk about impeachment is nothing but a big pile of crap.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2018, 10:45 pm

kokopelli wrote:
Watching people worry about impeaching Trump is hilarious. Unless Trump goes completely haywire, it isn't going to happen.

Even if the Democrats take control of the House and Senate in the mid-term elections, they aren't going to impeach Trump. There will undoubtedly be members who want to impeach him, but the last thing they will want is to give the Republicans reason to arbitrarily impeach the next Democratic President if they control both houses.

Furthermore, even if impeached, it won't matter. It would go to the Senate to try the impeachment. Unless there is a very real reason to convict him of the impeachment, they couldn't possibly sway enough Republicans to convict -- remember that it takes a 2/3 vote to convict him of the impeachment and there is no way that the Democrats would have a chance of winning that many seats in the midterm elections. I have my doubts that the Senate would vote to convict him of his impeachment even if there were valid reasons to do so.

Some very good points.

Let's all hope for Obstruction of Justice charges & conviction then.
Or perhaps application of the 25th Amendment.
Or the Emoluments Clause.

*Not sure if any of the above require Impeachment to proceed, or if they're entirely separate.

Nonetheless, the sooner the Trump Crime Family is brought to justice, the sooner America can begin to heal at home & abroad.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 8:11 am

Regardless of what happens, the FBI investigation continues. Listening to a political party saying "There is no collusion" is like listening to a parent saying "I don't care what the police say, my son does not do drugs" - like who give a crap about their opinion?

I'm gonna get a big bag of popcorn, i'm gonna need it soon.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 1:25 pm

EzraS wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
EzraS wrote:

The trickle down economy had been sold as something that would bring incredible prosperity to ordinary peoples for nearly the last 40 years. So where is that prosperity? I may not be a economist, but looking at it historically it seem that money trickle up rather that down. The fiscal policies of Trump are based on something that have been tested for more than 30 years; it do not work like promised and even seem to be hurtful, the most rational and scientific attitude is then to try something else.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 8:10 pm

kokopelli wrote:

It's just that they want Mike Pence as president so badly.