Anthony Fauci is ‘not convinced’ COVID-19 developed naturall

Page 4 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2021, 5:39 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
One of the negative side-effects of the post-Trump era is that anyone who defied their president in the end is a hero -- regardless of their crimes.

QFT. 8)

If you understand the is-aught barrier, you realize "facts" alone cannot inform political decisions. Political decisions ALWAYS involve ethical considerations. Technocracy is a myth.

Also, the quotes are fake.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:03 pm

NoClearMind53 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
One of the negative side-effects of the post-Trump era is that anyone who defied their president in the end is a hero -- regardless of their crimes.

QFT. 8)

Also, the quotes are fake.

Evidence. 8)

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 11:23 pm

heres some evidence. I dont twit so had to take a screen.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 12:28 am

The_Znof wrote:
heres some evidence. I dont twit so had to take a screen.

Also:
NoClearMind53 has no credibility, in my eyes, if he doesn't understand how people in politics obfuscate and misrepresent the truth to suit their own political agenda. Both sides of politics do this. How can anyone with a modicum of life experience not know this? :scratch:
Hence, the need for critical thinking. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 1:28 am

Quote:
A year ago I wrote in these pages that the most plausible cause of the pandemic was an accidental leak of a coronavirus from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. I have changed my view. I now think it’s likely that the cause of the pandemic is an accidental leak of an engineered coronavirus from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Many had been sceptical about the lab leak theory, not least because Donald Trump had been suggesting it.
<...>
Until this month, the lab leak hypothesis has been suppressed in the mainstream conversation, dismissed as a “conspiracy theory”, even though no conspiracy is being alleged, other than the cover-up of data held by the Wuhan institute.

Scepticism about the lab leak theory has been based partly on a letter hastily written by a group of scientists and published in the Lancet in February 2020. They condemned “conspiracy theories”, rejected “rumours” and asserted the virus originated in wildlife. Yet the letter was drafted and organised by Daszak, the person outside China with the most to lose if the lab leak theory were proven.

Source:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/where-did-covid-come-from-the-case-for-a-leak-of-a-virus-engineered-in-a-wuhan-lab-20210526-p57vgt.html

Some interesting details regarding the reasoning behind people's belief (information available early into the outbreak) included in the article as well...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 6:38 am

Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
A year ago I wrote in these pages that the most plausible cause of the pandemic was an accidental leak of a coronavirus from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. I have changed my view. I now think it’s likely that the cause of the pandemic is an accidental leak of an engineered coronavirus from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Many had been sceptical about the lab leak theory, not least because Donald Trump had been suggesting it.
<...>
Until this month, the lab leak hypothesis has been suppressed in the mainstream conversation, dismissed as a “conspiracy theory”, even though no conspiracy is being alleged, other than the cover-up of data held by the Wuhan institute.

Scepticism about the lab leak theory has been based partly on a letter hastily written by a group of scientists and published in the Lancet in February 2020. They condemned “conspiracy theories”, rejected “rumours” and asserted the virus originated in wildlife. Yet the letter was drafted and organised by Daszak, the person outside China with the most to lose if the lab leak theory were proven.

Source:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/where-did-covid-come-from-the-case-for-a-leak-of-a-virus-engineered-in-a-wuhan-lab-20210526-p57vgt.html

Some interesting details regarding the reasoning behind people's belief (information available early into the outbreak) included in the article as well...

f*****g politics and butt-covering.
3.5 million and counting. 8)

God I hate humanity. :eew:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 7:25 am

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 8:16 am

Facebook no longer treating 'man-made' Covid as a crackpot idea

Quote:
Facebook will no longer take down posts claiming that Covid-19 was man-made or manufactured, a company spokesperson told POLITICO on Wednesday, a move that acknowledges the renewed debate about the virus’ origins.

But the focus of late has been on the notion that the virus may have accidentally escaped from the lab, not that it was man-made or purposely released — theories that could now propagate on Facebook.

Facebook announced in February it had expanded the list of misleading health claims that it would remove from its platforms to include those asserting that "COVID-19 is man-made or manufactured." The tech giant has updated its policies against false and misleading coronavirus information, including its running list of debunked claims, over the course of the pandemic in consultation with global health officials.

But a Facebook spokesperson said Wednesday that the origin language had been stricken from that list due to the renewed debate about the virus’ roots.

“In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of COVID-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that COVID-19 is man-made from our apps,” the spokesperson said in an emailed statement.

Other platforms including Twitter have said that misleading claims about the virus’ roots may also violate its policies. But Facebook’s move marks the first major sign prominent social media companies are revisiting those rules as the Wuhan lab-leak theory gains attention.

Asked whether Twitter plans to revisit its own rules on Covid-19 origin claims, a company spokesperson said late Wednesday they had no updates to share at this time.

A YouTube spokesperson confirmed in a statement Thursday that claims that the virus was man-made or originated in a lab accident do not violate the platform's policies because "there has not been consensus" on its origins. So the company's policy remains unchanged.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 8:35 am

OPINION Where did COVID come from? The case for a leak of a virus engineered in a Wuhan lab

Quote:

I would say this is 95+ percent of the reason people were skeptical or at least skeptical this long. I have little doubt if Trump had said it had been transmitted from a wet market the lab leak theory would have been conventional wisdom from the get go and the wet market theory banned from social media.

Despite all of the claims of damage from Trump’s lying this “Boy cried wolf” effect is rarely talked about. What truths are thought of as crankpot conspiracy theories now and maybe forever JUST BECAUSE Trump agreed with them?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 7:56 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

This suits their left-leaning agenda, now that Joe has ordered a new inquiry into the possibility.
Staggering hypocrisy. :roll:

Politics. :eew:
Big business. :eew:
Humans are disgusting. :eew: 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 8:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I would say this is 95+ percent of the reason people were skeptical or at least skeptical this long. I have little doubt if Trump had said it had been transmitted from a wet market the lab leak theory would have been conventional wisdom from the get go and the wet market theory banned from social media.

Despite all of the claims of damage from Trump’s lying this “Boy cried wolf” effect is rarely talked about. What truths are thought of as crankpot conspiracy theories now and maybe forever JUST BECAUSE Trump agreed with them?

Totally agreed.

But let me reiterate, I think the Trump phenomenon was ultimately a big mistake and I am sorry he is still such a powerful influence with the Republicans, today.
Trump has pulled America apart and I wish he would simply fade away into the background. 8)

I think some hardcore lefties still have a problem with my position, here. :lmao:
It is called independent thinking by someone who does not subscribe to groupthink and embraces critical thinking. 8)

A wise skunk once said: "Life is simple, for simple people." :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 8:11 pm

Mikah wrote:

"Conspiracy Theories" can be correct, btw. ;)

Please Note:
The virus escaping from the Wuhan virological lab is *still* **only** a theory, but it can't be ignored/dismissed.
The purpose, of the investigation, is to prevent a potentially even bigger human tragedy in the future.
Anyone who can't see this is a fool. 8)

FYI:
I have had some caffeine.
Is it obvious?
Silly me. :jester:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 8:34 pm

Pepe wrote:

I hope I've never given the impression I believe otherwise. Conspiracy is the handmaiden of history. I've always thought dismissing them out of hand was foolish.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 4:52 am

Viruses are so small they're not particularly difficult for a state as large as China to modify so it's not outlandish to assume that it might have been modified or even developed from scratch for research purposes and escaped via negligence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9629563/Chinese-scientists-created-COVID-19-lab-tried-cover-tracks-new-study-claims.html

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 11:06 am

Pepe wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Please Note:
The virus escaping from the Wuhan virological lab is *still* **only** a theory, but it can't be ignored/dismissed.
The purpose, of the investigation, is to prevent a potentially even bigger human tragedy in the future.
Anyone who can't see this is a fool. 8)

FYI:
I have had some caffeine.
Is it obvious?
Silly me. :jester:

Since you like conspiracy theories then acknowledge me as your supreme reptilian ruler.I am the Lizard Queen.
I demand tribute.
I’ve also had caffeine.It’s my primary fuel.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 11:50 am

COVID-19 'has NO credible natural ancestor' and WAS created by Chinese scientists who then tried to cover their tracks with 'retro-engineering' to make it seem like it naturally arose from bats, explosive new study claims

Quote:
Their new paper says these features of SARS-Cov-2 are 'unique fingerprints' which are 'indicative of purposive manipulation', and that 'the likelihood of it being the result of natural processes is very small.'

'A natural virus pandemic would be expected to mutate gradually and become more infectious but less pathogenic which is what many expected with the COVID-19 pandemic but which does not appear to have happened,' the scientists wrote.

'The implication of our historical reconstruction, we posit now beyond reasonable doubt, of the purposively manipulated chimeric virus SARS-CoV-2 makes it imperative to reconsider what types of Gain of Function experiments it is morally acceptable to undertake.

'Because of wide social impact, these decisions cannot be left to research scientists alone.'

During a Senate hearing on Wednesday, White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted he was not certain US funding for researchers at the Wuhan lab was not spent on controversial and risky Gain of Function experiments.

'How do you know they didn't lie to you and use the money for gain of function research anyway?' Louisiana Senator John Kennedy asked Fauci.

'You never know,' he replied, but added that scientists at the lab are 'trustworthy'.

National Institutes of Health director Dr. Francis Collins told the hearing that US-funded scientists at the lab 'were not approved by NIH for doing gain of function research.'

In another striking claim contained in the research paper, Dalgleish and Sørensen say they have evidence that after the pandemic began, Chinese scientists took samples of the COVID-19 virus and 'retro-engineered' it, making it appear as if it had evolved naturally.

They said they were suspicious of a raft of new strains suddenly entered into gene databases by predominantly Chinese scientists early in 2020, years after they were recorded as being collected.

'We think that there have been retro-engineered viruses created,' Dalgleish told DailyMail.com. 'They've changed the virus, then tried to make out it was in a sequence years ago.'

In their paper, Dalgleish and Sørensen also pointed to 'deliberate destruction, concealment or contamination of data' in Chinese labs and noted that 'Chinese scientists who wished to share their knowledge have not been able to do so or have disappeared.'

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9629563/Chinese-scientists-created-COVID-19-lab-tried-cover-tracks-new-study-claims.html

It will be interesting to see what is included in the study beyond what this article contained, as well as how the scientific community react to it...