Page 4 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 11:48 am

I don't think the Russia paying the Taliban to kill American soldiers story has much evidence to support it. At least I've never seen any.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 11:52 am

↑ It may have been more like, "Have these rubles. By wife nice gift. Throw big party. Dasvidanya!", with lots of nudging and winking going on.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2021, 12:56 pm

Call me apathetic and tin-hearted but it was such a botched operation from the beginning that this outcome is hardly surprising. If the citizens of Afghanistan wish to live under Taliban rule (as they'd already decided decades ago) and
are happy to go in that direction then they can have it. Its time to move on - too much blood has been spilled trying to wrangle that oversized sandpit the region into a badly drawn version of democracy.

Let the live out their dream of an Islamic panacea and find out firsthand when the Taliban doesn't deliver on their promise.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 1:06 pm

1stSauce wrote:
Call me apathetic and tin-hearted but it was such a botched operation from the beginning that this outcome is hardly surprising. If the citizens of Afghanistan wish to live under Taliban rule (as they'd already decided decades ago) and are happy to go in that direction then they can have it. Its time to move on - too much blood has been spilled trying to wrangle that oversized sandpit the region into a badly drawn version of democracy.

Let the live out their dream of an Islamic panacea and find out firsthand when the Taliban doesn't deliver on their promise.
The only things that bother me are (1) women will be reverted to slavehood once again, and (2) there is nothing I can do about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Aug 2021, 1:39 pm

Pepe wrote:
SandWitch wrote:
I'm just finding out this news... horrible policy of Trump that Biden implemented!!

Implemented badly.

Agreed, I'll go a step further of condemption; "Implementated at levels of horrid proportions and outstandingly poor insight given the consequences that will follow from here on out.."

Perhaps, the cognitive abilities of Biden have been slipping, as his naysayers of have been warning us all along..

At first, I'd figured "nah, it's just a natural stutter that's been taken out of context by America's right wingers", to make him seem incoherent/mentally incapacitated by making misleading video compilations for their followers to consume, to make him seem dementia-leaning..

But, given these new developments, there may be credence owed to the utterings being true that he's slipping towards dementia; this being the biggest failure in foreign policy placed into action, in recent U.S. history, since the misleading start of this "war on terror"; (based on the fictitious narrative by Bush Jr's claims of "weapons of mass destruction" created to justify and carry out and bring the last 20 years of this oil soaked, money-incentivised bloodshed to fruition) Biden is an impotent fool for allowing these atrocities to have all been in vain.. shameful and embarrassing.

There's plenty of blame to throw around for every presidential administration's handling of the war, since it began.. but the buck stops with Biden, as he's the sitting administration in power.. total failure; who the hell is advising him?

Pepe wrote:
SandWitch wrote:
This entire war shaped the culture of my generation.. so many fought and died.. all for nothing...

I can't help but feel anger towards his administration.

I know so many people who've risk their lives in that war..

Shame on Joe Biden... what an imbecile move of him to make..

My god, where going to be at world war 3, with this new development.

America has lost credibility and America's competitors are rubbing their hands with glee at her humiliation.

The idea that America has ever had any credibility to stand-by, I question.

Credibility to be gawked at and laughed by the rest of the world entities, for sure.

I know that there's no "perfect country"; they all have their short-comings and strengths.. but this is the biggest a huge fail for the U.S.

Pepe wrote:
Let us hope that the internal social upheaval that America is experiencing continues so China's goal for world domination continues unabated. [sarcasm] 8)

:lol: fingers crossed

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 4:15 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Blood on Biden’s hands.
[color=black]How so?  It is not as if American forces were all withdrawn at once and without warning.

The (former) Afghan government had ample warning of the eventual withdrawal and its troops had the best equipment and the best training.

So why did the Afghani men not put up a fight?  Were they expecting their hired mercenaries (e.g., the American forces) to do their fighting for them forever?  Or did they secretly want a return to expulsion of foreigners and the re-enslavement of their women?

That part of the world generally doesn't like the democratisation of their culture.
Same problem in Iraq.

It worked in Germany and Japan, however.

"Different strokes for different folks." 8)

One striking difference with Germany and Japan was that they had both been developed countries already, and had had prior experience with democracy and human rights. Not so with the Afghans and Iraqis.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 7:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

That is a very long article, and I stopped reading half ways down.
But what I did read gave no validity to your assertion.
Perhaps you can cut&paste?

The Oracle of Truth. 8)

Does this help?
Not a huge quantity of women\children in there...

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 8:19 pm

Before and after:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 8:37 pm

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden ignored his own administration’s failures Monday when he tried to explain why desperate civilians in Afghanistan’s capital have been left stranded and in danger from the Taliban because of the swift U.S. departure.

While asserting “the buck stops with me,” Biden blamed Afghans in large measure for the chaotic evacuation at Kabul’s airport and conceded no missteps.

A look at his remarks:

BIDEN: “I know there are concerns about why we did not begin evacuating Afghan civilians sooner. Part of the answer is some of the Afghans did not want to leave earlier, still hopeful for their country. Part of it because the Afghan government and its supporters discouraged us from organizing a mass exodus to avoid triggering, as they said, a crisis of confidence.”

THE FACTS: This is a misleading explanation that skirts the U.S. failure to anticipate and prepare for the rapid fall of the Afghan government.

Source: https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-ap-fact-check-2f9481f63046b0523db4dbfd1536e2aa

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 9:16 pm

1stSauce wrote:
Call me apathetic and tin-hearted but it was such a botched operation from the beginning that this outcome is hardly surprising. If the citizens of Afghanistan wish to live under Taliban rule (as they'd already decided decades ago) and
are happy to go in that direction then they can have it. Its time to move on - too much blood has been spilled trying to wrangle that oversized sandpit the region into a badly drawn version of democracy.

I agree the result was written in the sand decades ago, but I don't agree that the citizens of Afghanistan wish to live under Taliban rule. The Taliban gained its strength through human rights abuses. It is not what most of the people want. This is a heart breaking situation for the Afghan people.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2021, 10:11 pm

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 1:14 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

The Oracle of Truth. 8)

Does this help?

I'm seeing this over and over again from the pictures at the airport. The vast majority of those trying to flee are men.

It's no wonder considering their culture places women as the same importance as cattle and these pictures are just proof of it. A plane so overweight with cowards it looks like it'll crash. Hopefully it did.

There are hundreds of people in that picture and I can only see two women. One absolute bottom left and another bottom right.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 1:35 am

Nades wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

The Oracle of Truth. 8)

Does this help?

I'm seeing this over and over again from the pictures at the airport. The vast majority of those trying to flee are men.

It's no wonder considering their culture places women as the same importance as cattle and these pictures are just proof of it. A plane so overweight with cowards it looks like it'll crash. Hopefully it did.

There are hundreds of people in that picture and I can only see two women. One absolute bottom left and another bottom right.

It was the same with those entering Europe recently - the boats all seemed to be filled with males, and raely was a female or child shown.

As to the picture, there appears to be a few females:
possibly 4 or 5 in lower left corner, 2 females and 3 children in lower right, a child in bright "yellowish" top in middle (stand out), and at least 1 (red head covering) or 2 in uper left corner - Not sure how much more cargo space there is under\behind the camera, but the representation of children/females to males certainly isn't high.

And I wouldn't be worried about the plane overloaded (although, packed like that turbulence wouldn't be pleasant) - the C-17 can carry around 77 tonnes, and I doubt those on board would have a collective weight of that size.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:43 am

Brictoria wrote:
Nades wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

The Oracle of Truth. 8)

Does this help?

It was the same with those entering Europe recently - the boats all seemed to be filled with males, and raely was a female or child shown.

possibly 4 or 5 in lower left corner, 2 females and 3 children in lower right, a child in bright "yellowish" top in middle (stand out), and at least 1 (red head covering) or 2 in uper left corner - Not sure how much more cargo space there is under\behind the camera, but the representation of children/females to males certainly isn't high.

And I wouldn't be worried about the plane overloaded (although, packed like that turbulence wouldn't be pleasant) - the C-17 can carry around 77 tonnes, and I doubt those on board would have a collective weight of that size.

Their either Taliban or cowards I think. Either way they should never be in any plane whatsoever leaving Afghanistan.

No wonder the Taliban took the nation with no fight. Leaving their women and children behind for the Taliban to do as they please with will only no doubt embolden them.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 2:53 am

Nades wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Nades wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

The Oracle of Truth. 8)

Does this help?

Their either Taliban or cowards I think. Either way they should never be in any plane whatsoever leaving Afghanistan.

No wonder the Taliban took the nation with no fight. Leaving their women and children behind for the Taliban to do as they please with will only no doubt embolden them.

It is possible that these are the locals who were assisting allied forces there (translators, guides, etc.) and that most had no direct family (which could explain the ratio of male:female\child). Whether this is actually the case, however...

Or, maybe, they are linked with this group:

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2021, 7:34 am

Nades wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Nades wrote:

The Oracle of Truth. 8)

Does this help?

There may be multiple reasons for this maybe these men are single. It’s also men who are more likely to have played an active part in running the prev gov.

- George Bernie Shaw