Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 9:14 am

Pepe wrote:
Lunella wrote:
Obviously I don't have some massive obsession with us vs the middle east - it's just a crazily huge difference in cultures so it's great for narcissism research. And the middle east isn't perfect, no where is, but they are a hell of a lot nicer places to be than here.

Are you and your husband planning to emigrate in the future?
Or just more holidays?

Naah too much work to emigrate, plus we have a few businesses already set up over here so it'd be really annoying to dismantle everything. It costs like £350 or so total to go to Turkey and stay in an all-inclusive hotel for about a week so holidays are fine. I'll probably buy a holiday villa over there eventually for holiday lets though, or Morocco as it would probably be cheaper. I prefer Turkey though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:14 am

Lunella wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Lunella wrote:
Obviously I don't have some massive obsession with us vs the middle east - it's just a crazily huge difference in cultures so it's great for narcissism research. And the middle east isn't perfect, no where is, but they are a hell of a lot nicer places to be than here.

Are you and your husband planning to emigrate in the future?
Or just more holidays?

Naah too much work to emigrate, plus we have a few businesses already set up over here so it'd be really annoying to dismantle everything. It costs like £350 or so total to go to Turkey and stay in an all-inclusive hotel for about a week so holidays are fine. I'll probably buy a holiday villa over there eventually for holiday lets though, or Morocco as it would probably be cheaper. I prefer Turkey though.

That’s cheap travel. I’d imagine it’d cost 5x that+ to travel and stay there from where I am. A big part of why I’ve never travelled overseas anywhere - it’s very costly. Heck, it costs a lot more than that to just fly within Canada never mind pay for a stay somewhere. Fortunately I live in one of the most desirable places in the world and truly enjoy the places I can easily drive to within an hour or two. 8)

Back on topic: Hopefully my local favourite spots don’t all burn down!