Page 7 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 10:48 pm

Arran wrote:
There's a very interesting theory by Keith Ledgerwood that MH370 switched off its transponders then changed course to enter the flightpath of aircraft SIA68 that was flying from Singapore to Spain. MH370 caught up with SIA68 then flew very close by, possibly on top of it, across the Bay of Bengal. When both aircraft entered the airspace of India they showed up as one single blip on the primary radar and only the transponder information of SIA68 would be received by air traffic control and the military tricking them into thinking that there was only one aircraft rather than two. Both aircraft proceeded across India and into the airspace of Pakistan whilst all the time showing up as just one on radar and ATC transceivers. Somewhere over Turkmenistan or Kyrgyzstan out of the range of radar the two aircraft split away from each other. SIA68 continued flying to Spain and MH370 was landed in some remote part of Central Asia or China. These final locations are a perfect match up with the 7.5 hours of total flight time on the northern curve generated using the pings of data received by Inmarsat.

http://mh370shadow.com/

I'm assuming your evidence would refute the Australian hypothesis and worse still indicate Australian taxpayers are searching for something in the wrong geographical zone? how reliable is the radar blip?

yohji
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2014, 3:17 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Prof pretorius brought up the subject of islamic states.

Not I.

I don't have an issue with speculations. Only with mislabeling.

naturalplastic wrote:
Some are having a resurgence of Islamic fervor in their societies (now that the yoke of communism, and Russianism, is gone).

And you are overemphasizing the extreme again, in fervor. :P

So what % of the typical high 90s of the Muslim population do they make up, do you know? I'm genuinely curious.

Have you personally been to Central Asia?

I can't possibly deny their existence, but you won't meet flocks of fervorously religious humans everywhere. They don't exist in those numbers. And surely, you don't believe they're allowed to flourish under those regimes now that the Soviet era is "history", do you? Especially taking into account that depending on who is doing the defining, the lines can get blurrrry fast.

Religion is 'embraced' as long as it remains what it heavily is already - cultural, not political.

Those who wanted to practice their faith, did so secretly even during Soviet era, and the majority who can now, don't care to (while outwardly identifying as such). Can't deny the role of the Soviet regime in helping make that change.

Do you know why in most of those countries an overwhelming majority are Muslim still?

For majority, it's as simple as being born into a family that identifies as Muslim, and by default you're a Muslim. The same as your ethnicity, whatever your family is - you are.

These are collectivist cultures, with families as utmost important, and indisputable respect of elders (ideally).

Majority do not practice personally on a daily basis. In the eyes of a "real" Muslim, they'd be seen as sub par, if anything at all. (If you know anything about Islam, it is a lot of daily work.)

It is interwoven into the culture, the traditions, more than being a personal choice (not saying it can't be; speaking of majority here).

Take funerals or holidays.

Everybody dies, everybody lives to party (supposedly), and it's not a surprise to have ancient customs based around religion in any old civilization. It's not all based on Islam either, some go way back to Zoroastrianism before the Arab invasion. In fact, one of the largest and oldest holidays is today. The start of spring, or the new year.

Aren't there people who do Christmas just for the exchange of gifts and the food and friends/family? Or at least, the day off? :P Don't have to be religious zealots, do they?

naturalplastic wrote:
But though some of the central asian countries might be writing some of the Koran into thier lawbooks they dont have ayatollahs actually in charge of the government.

Might be? What knowledge are you basing this on?

naturalplastic wrote:
One of the smaller "stans" (forget which one) has a rather nasty dictator whom a novelist might imagine seeking to ally himself with Jihadist, but yeah- even he isnt really known for being an 'Islamist".

Where did you get the information?

I'm thinking what 'a rather pleasant dictator' would be like. :P

As I see it, those in power would be more concerned about maintaining their current control rather than try to ally with anything that could compromise it.

They're more likely to be shown as a threat, whether real or heightened.

There seems to be a tendency among some to use those terms to label (and punish) those who speak out about the regimes. Could be to further instill fear into the general populace that 'the threat is real and we're protecting you'. And at the same time, as an example of 'what not to do'.

When you consider the workings, these republics are more in sync with the good ol' USSR still, more than the Islamic states.

I'd say even the ordinary people.

Even if somebody were to ask for their opinion, I highly doubt the idea of freshly Islamic states is attractive to the majority of humans residing there.

A better quality of life more likely is.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2014, 5:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
I'm assuming your evidence would refute the Australian hypothesis and worse still indicate Australian taxpayers are searching for something in the wrong geographical zone? how reliable is the radar blip?

They always said that a pot of gold can be found at the end of the rainbow. A rainbow has two ends. You have to search both of them.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 8:53 am

Arran wrote:
There's a very interesting theory by Keith Ledgerwood that MH370 switched off its transponders then changed course to enter the flightpath of aircraft SIA68 that was flying from Singapore to Spain. MH370 caught up with SIA68 then flew very close by, possibly on top of it, across the Bay of Bengal. When both aircraft entered the airspace of India they showed up as one single blip on the primary radar and only the transponder information of SIA68 would be received by air traffic control and the military tricking them into thinking that there was only one aircraft rather than two. Both aircraft proceeded across India and into the airspace of Pakistan whilst all the time showing up as just one on radar and ATC transceivers. Somewhere over Turkmenistan or Kyrgyzstan out of the range of radar the two aircraft split away from each other. SIA68 continued flying to Spain and MH370 was landed in some remote part of Central Asia or China. These final locations are a perfect match up with the 7.5 hours of total flight time on the northern curve generated using the pings of data received by Inmarsat.

http://mh370shadow.com/

And, of course, when you use the word, "theory," you are doing so quite wrongly.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2014, 10:33 am

naturalplastic wrote:
One of the smaller "stans" (forget which one) has a rather nasty dictator whom a novelist might imagine seeking to ally himself with Jihadist, but yeah- even he isnt really known for being an 'Islamist".

I think you are referring to President Karimov of Uzbekistan. He is one of the worst (secular) dictators in the world. The practicing of Islam in the public sphere in Uzbekistan is officially illegal. Most of the mosques that were functioning before 1918 are now museums or tourist attractions and the functioning mosques today are unmarked buildings in backstreets.

yohji wrote:
When you consider the workings, these republics are more in sync with the good ol' USSR still, more than the Islamic states.

Many of their senior politicians were in office back in the days of the Soviet Union as members of the Communist party.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 12:38 pm

yohji wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Prof pretorius brought up the subject of islamic states.

Not I.

I don't have an issue with speculations. Only with mislabeling.

naturalplastic wrote:
Some are having a resurgence of Islamic fervor in their societies (now that the yoke of communism, and Russianism, is gone).

And you are overemphasizing the extreme again, in fervor. :P

So what % of the typical high 90s of the Muslim population do they make up, do you know? I'm genuinely curious.

Have you personally been to Central Asia?

I can't possibly deny their existence, but you won't meet flocks of fervorously religious humans everywhere. They don't exist in those numbers. And surely, you don't believe they're allowed to flourish under those regimes now that the Soviet era is "history", do you? Especially taking into account that depending on who is doing the defining, the lines can get blurrrry fast.

Religion is 'embraced' as long as it remains what it heavily is already - cultural, not political.

Those who wanted to practice their faith, did so secretly even during Soviet era, and the majority who can now, don't care to (while outwardly identifying as such). Can't deny the role of the Soviet regime in helping make that change.

Do you know why in most of those countries an overwhelming majority are Muslim still?

For majority, it's as simple as being born into a family that identifies as Muslim, and by default you're a Muslim. The same as your ethnicity, whatever your family is - you are.

These are collectivist cultures, with families as utmost important, and indisputable respect of elders (ideally).

Majority do not practice personally on a daily basis. In the eyes of a "real" Muslim, they'd be seen as sub par, if anything at all. (If you know anything about Islam, it is a lot of daily work.)

It is interwoven into the culture, the traditions, more than being a personal choice (not saying it can't be; speaking of majority here).

Take funerals or holidays.

Everybody dies, everybody lives to party (supposedly), and it's not a surprise to have ancient customs based around religion in any old civilization. It's not all based on Islam either, some go way back to Zoroastrianism before the Arab invasion. In fact, one of the largest and oldest holidays is today. The start of spring, or the new year.

Aren't there people who do Christmas just for the exchange of gifts and the food and friends/family? Or at least, the day off? :P Don't have to be religious zealots, do they?

naturalplastic wrote:
But though some of the central asian countries might be writing some of the Koran into thier lawbooks they dont have ayatollahs actually in charge of the government.

Might be? What knowledge are you basing this on?

naturalplastic wrote:

Where did you get the information?

I'm thinking what 'a rather pleasant dictator' would be like. :P

As I see it, those in power would be more concerned about maintaining their current control rather than try to ally with anything that could compromise it.

They're more likely to be shown as a threat, whether real or heightened.

There seems to be a tendency among some to use those terms to label (and punish) those who speak out about the regimes. Could be to further instill fear into the general populace that 'the threat is real and we're protecting you'. And at the same time, as an example of 'what not to do'.

I'd say even the ordinary people.

Even if somebody were to ask for their opinion, I highly doubt the idea of freshly Islamic states is attractive to the majority of humans residing there.

A better quality of life more likely is.

Gosh!
Take a chill pill.
you're the one with an axe to grind.
Not me!
Not sure exactly what your axe is, but you're obviously grinding it.

Most Americans think of the old USSR as being all ethnically Russian, or slavic, and dont realize that there are historically Islamic ethnic groups in Central Asia that were once part of the Czarist-turned-Soviet Empire. you're lucky you found someone (me) who can even find Kazahkistan on a map to talk too! I apologize for not being AS expert on the region as you seem to be- if that makes you feel better. But whats with the attitude?

There was a bit of an Islamic revival in that region after the fall of Communism. And even within the Russian Republic there was a move to form an alliance between: the Russian Orthodox Church, Islam, and a few other religions to influence the newly representative Russian government to block western Protestant, and Mormon, evangelical missionaries, from making inroads on local russian religions. Kind of a strange bedfellows alliance for religious protectionism.

And you have heard of Chechnya havent you?

The Chechens are an ethnic group in what is still the Russian Republic who are major exporters of Jihadists to the rest of Muslim world. So forgive me for thinking that other former subject groups of Moscow with Islamic roots might also produce Jihadists.

I was just suggesting a possibility for where the plane might be being hidden. I wasnt making a diatribe against Central Asian folks.

Jeeze!

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 2:16 pm

Sounds like it was a terrorism attack (or at least not a mechanical failure).

The transpondence went off and then a pilot said "Good night". Doesn't add up.

Sounds like one of the pilots wanted the plane to go down for one reason or another. Either that or a passenger, took over but more likely a pilot. The one pilot Faqir sounds a little sketchy to me.

Very sad.

Let's hope this is not a Muslim attack. If so, it will only reaffirm my belief that religion is evil. Frightening that someone would give up their life for such stupid nonsense.. That doesn't make Christians any better. Just goes to show how f*****g stupid religion can be.

Then again, it could have been a mechanical failure. I just don't think so.

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2014, 2:48 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
There was a bit of an Islamic revival in that region after the fall of Communism.

Mostly amongst the younger generation. A high proportion of the older folk are indoctrinated with communism and stick with their old secular ways. In one mosque in Uzbekistan almost all of the people attending a Friday Juma looked under 30 and there were very few old men.

Quote:
And even within the Russian Republic there was a move to form an alliance between: the Russian Orthodox Church, Islam, and a few other religions to influence the newly representative Russian government to block western Protestant, and Mormon, evangelical missionaries, from making inroads on local russian religions. Kind of a strange bedfellows alliance for religious protectionism.

True. They fear that western religions implemented by missionaries could be more harmful than communism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 6:31 pm

Weather over the Southern Indian ocean of the coast of western Australia has cleared significantly this morning. Searching Orion aircraft are fairly confident they can now locate and confirm the origin of the debri spotted on satellite images early last week. The Malaysian government has also asked the US navy for access to ships with deep water sonar to scan the bottom of the ocean to further locate any evidence of the rest of aircraft (assuming that's what it is).

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 10:17 pm

Maybe some madman has finally perfected the invisible cloaking device and it has landed someplace being transformed into something more deadly than a passenger airjet. This has been my theory from the giddyup.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:21 pm

It's where all those missing socks from the clothes dryer go.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:25 pm

Misslizard wrote:

All of those socks would disguise it quite nicely. Might neutralize the stench of the lithium ion battery discharge as well.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 4:21 am

Missing planes seem to be about as popular as mass shootings it seems.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 8:01 am

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 8:39 am

^ :lol:

Romulan cloaking device.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 10:14 am

Misslizard wrote:

And who do ya think has been stealing our socks all along?

Obviously Obama!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Mar 2014, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.