Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 6:48 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Yea, I mean, they shouldn't be pushing to put some races above others, laws in place that will deny someone a job because of their race or promoting segregation, how dare the republicans do that....o wait, that's the democrats doing that.

Nobody is getting special rights. It's a matter of blacks and other minorities getting their full rights after generations of limited rights.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm

old right wing trick...manifesto 1.4. Claim minorities get given too much and are ungrateful for what they get i.e. quotas

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 7:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Like I said the left seems to need racism and racial inequality perceived as going strong to win votes. Seems to need to portray the right as white supremacist enimies. Needs to perpetuate a division.

Or is it that no one but the left in the modern world sees fighting racism to be at the heart of their idealism?

What if fighting equals perpetuating?

How much is fighting and how much is political propaganda?

And how will it be decided that the war is over?

Or is the war supposed to have no end in sight?

Fighting racism perpetuates it? No, it's racists who resent seeing people they consider inferior finally getting a fair shake.
To say that fighting racism is propaganda denies the existence of racial discrimination.
Who knows if the war on racism will ever be over. It certainly isn't over in the here and now.

What is the left, especially leftwing media doing to eliminate the division?

Again, the problem lies with racist resentment, rather than legitimate grievances.

That begs me to ask the same question; what is the left, especially left-wing media doing to mend that and make it better?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 7:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe we should stop discrimination against minorities. I believe there remains discrimination against minorities. And I believe we should fight against that.

But I don't believe most whites are the recipient of "white privilege."

Try asking white people in the Appalachians, who live in shacks with no heat or running water, whether they have "white privilege."

I don't believe talking about "reparations" and "white privilege" is going to get people on your "side."

Hasn't discrimination against minorities been against the law for decades?

I'm not endorsing this video, just putting it out there:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm

Yes....according to the law, discrimination is banned. That's called "de jure."

However, despite the law, discrimination still exists. That's called "de facto."

People are always seeking to "get around" the law.

It is still difficult, in some neighborhoods of NYC, for a "minority" person to get an apartment or a house. It's not nearly as difficult as it was 10 or more years ago, though.

There are fewer neighborhoods which are primarily white than in the old days; but there still are some remaining.

I don't believe "affirmative action" is applicable to the present day.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I
Try asking white people in the Appalachians, who live in shacks with no heat or running water, whether they have "white privilege."

White people can move into Black Harlem in NYC and it's called "gentrification". Black people can't move to the Appalachians because they will get shot.

That's white privilege for you....

There are many neighborhoods white people can't move to without getting shot, as you put it.

Last edited by EzraS on 11 Apr 2019, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:03 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Like I said the left seems to need racism and racial inequality perceived as going strong to win votes. Seems to need to portray the right as white supremacist enimies. Needs to perpetuate a division.

Or is it that no one but the left in the modern world sees fighting racism to be at the heart of their idealism?

Fighting racism perpetuates it? No, it's racists who resent seeing people they consider inferior finally getting a fair shake.
To say that fighting racism is propaganda denies the existence of racial discrimination.
Who knows if the war on racism will ever be over. It certainly isn't over in the here and now.

Again, the problem lies with racist resentment, rather than legitimate grievances.

That begs me to ask the same question; what is the left, especially left-wing media doing to mend that and make it better?

Beyond education against racism? Besides, the media and liberals didn't create racism; it's been there for centuries.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Beyond education against racism? Besides, the media and liberals didn't create racism; it's been there for centuries.

Media and liberals didn't create racism, but are they quenching it, or are they stoking the embers and fanning the flames?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 8:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Media and liberals didn't create racism, but are they quenching it, or are they stoking the embers and fanning the flames?

So, you're claiming without liberals and the media complaining about racism, everyone would be hand-in-hand, singing cumbiya (spelling)? Are you claiming racism wasn't much of a problem till the left got hold of it?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 1:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, you're claiming without liberals and the media complaining about racism, everyone would be hand-in-hand, singing cumbiya (spelling)?

I'm asking if liberals and their media are quenching racism, or are they stoking the embers and fanning the flames?

Kraichgauer wrote:
Are you claiming racism wasn't much of a problem till the left got hold of it?

I'm wondering if over the years if they have been making it less of a problem, or if they have been stoking embers and fanning flames.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 10:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So, you're claiming without liberals and the media complaining about racism, everyone would be hand-in-hand, singing cumbiya (spelling)?

I'm asking if liberals and their media are quenching racism, or are they stoking the embers and fanning the flames?

Kraichgauer wrote:
Are you claiming racism wasn't much of a problem till the left got hold of it?

I'm wondering if over the years if they have been making it less of a problem, or if they have been stoking embers and fanning flames.

They report on it. It's Fox that claims so called reverse racism against whites is a greater problem, fanning the flames of reaction.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 5:46 pm

Ain’t nobody I know talks like that.And I’m from the South.